Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

Just put the speakers on their side, easy fix.

But I also am not a fan of eyefinity (or in my case Nvidia Surround).

For the one game I play (iRacing, well more of a sim) it's fine, but within regular windows, no use. I don't need 1 LARGE WIDE monitor, I prefer 3 monitors to put things on different monitors. SURE you can set your system to do that, but with eyefinity/surround it's not perfect, acts up sometimes.

Since I've not been doing much iRacing I've had no use for 3 monitors really, as I only still use 2 personally. 3 are nice to have (in my case 4th above the 3), but it's rare I use them.

FxrC2Cq.jpg

putting this up for prosperity because after this weekend it should look a little different. Left monitor is a Nixeus 27 inch IPS 2560x1440 for basic web browsing and image viewing. The middle monitor is a BenQ 32" ips 4k for image editing. Right monitor is on the 4790K in the 250D you see on the right running an Acer xb270hu gaming monitor. It's been amazing.

I'm planning on streaming more so I have 2 other monitors sitting on the side that will eventually be added in.

Photographers may notice the Canon 50 1.2L on the right. Gamers may notice a few standout things. There's 3 headsets that I almost equally love in the picture. The one on the right being the VModa CrossFade m-100, a Senheisser Pc333D G4me, and the HyperX Cloud II.

All the Smite stuff was because I was one of the official photographers last year and this year.

I like my setup, but there are definitely nicer ones in this thread. Thing is, you all have been creeping me out with the desks that are just too clean.

2015-09-07 19.08.58_33.jpg

Points on the vintage KERR CHUNG KERR CHUNG keyboard amidst a mostly modern setup. Is that thing using a AT>PS2>USB adapter?

Nah, it's PS2. Not quite old enough for AT. No USB adapter, either; the motherboard on my main rig has a PS/2 port.

Pretty happy with my current setup... I've had the 3007 since they first came out, and just added the 2007s on each side. Other than gaming support, the PLP setup seems nearly perfect.

29xnLU7h.jpg

XSk9U5mh.jpg

btfaD5Vh.jpg

How come you have 2 webcams? And do you actually play on the right screen or do you move it over to the middle? And have you seen my Smite builder website?

I stream photography education stuff so the spare can is for various tid bits like close ups to the lenses etc.

I haven't seen your item builder page tbh. I'm not really a meta person.

Friend me though. My Smite name is thian.

just cleaned my desk so thought it would be good time to post this. 3 27" wqhd running off a nvidia 970...oh and an nvidia shield tablet up top.

12132562_10153226831451267_3816319917435690496_o.jpg

What is the Chewbacca santa hat thing between the center and left monitor?

it's a chewbacca back-pack wearing an "Awful-Awful" hat. I have had that hat for about 40+ years. If you don't know what an Awful-Awful is...you are not from Rhode Island - and likely better of for it.

IMG_20150903_175926.jpg

IMG_20150903_180019.jpg

Heres My setup, only recently got my 2nd Dell 2007fpb, since this monitors are painfully hard to find here in Portugal. Love this setup but its tricky to make it work due to driver restrictions.

;)

I like the PLP. What stand are you using with the 3?

I'm using 2 desk arms for the dells, no brand, bought them on amazon, and a very slim lcd wall mount I had lying around for the Crossover. =) PLP is awesome very tricky to setup the games but its worth the hassle.

Well, I'm not much of a Show-Off, but if the front page tells me to, I guess I should post :p

The Dell 30" 2560x1600 U3011 gave way to a Samsung 48" 4k screen.

Previous setup (Picture probably from late 2010 / early 2011 or so, can't remember)

6663592717_ea3020d8ec_b.jpg

^-- looks like a 30" on each side would fit better ;)

My trigonometry and algebra is a little rusty, but according to my calculations it would be a perfect fit for a 27" 16:9 screen in portrait.

Of course, it would be difficult to find a 2160*1215 resolution 27" monitor to make the pixel density match :p

Either way it is moot. I'm using what I've got. I originally matched them to the 30" because I could. The pixel density and sizing just kind of worked out. I wanted to run PLP games, which is why I was interested in the equal height and pixel density, but that never really worked out, apart from a handful of older DX9 games that would run in SoftTH.

With the 48" 4k screen, I no longer have a need (or desire) for multi-monitor gaming :p I can do in one screen what I otherwise would accomplish in three :p

Zarathustra[H];1041901757 said:
Either way it is moot. I'm using what I've got. I originally matched them to the 30" because I could. The pixel density and sizing just kind of worked out. I wanted to run PLP games, which is why I was interested in the equal height and pixel density, but that never really worked out, apart from a handful of older DX9 games that would run in SoftTH.

With the 48" 4k screen, I no longer have a need (or desire) for multi-monitor gaming :p I can do in one screen what I otherwise would accomplish in three :p

Well the problem is from what I see you are using sli, to run PLP you need to run it in windowed mode for most games, coupled with Borderless Gaming Program, and that's the catch sli and crossfire don't work in windowed mode, currently I'm running pretty much all my games at 4960x1600 out of a R9 290 this way, only had to use Softth on Guild Wars 2, everything else is running great, you do have to fiddle around tho. And I can run pretty much everything @ 60 fps, off course I need to tone down some stuff, mainly shadows and AA does the trick.

Zarathustra[H];1041901757 said:
My trigonometry and algebra is a little rusty, but according to my calculations it would be a perfect fit for a 27" 16:9 screen in portrait.

Of course, it would be difficult to find a 2160*1215 resolution 27" monitor to make the pixel density match :p

If you want wing monitors you'd be better off putting 2x 24" 1080p monitors vertically stacked on each side - a 4K monitor is basically 4x 24" 1080p monitors together in a grid.

Someone on [H] already tried it on my suggestion:

http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1041566416&postcount=2175

Still can't do Eyefinity/nVSurround but as you pointed out when you have a 48" monitor you don't care :D

Added some lighting in the overhangs of the shelves.
cubicle-led.jpg

Also need to clean up my work space, it's just too cluttered.

Added some lighting in the overhangs of the shelves.
[...]
Also need to clean up my work space, it's just too cluttered.

That's at work, or at home? What's next to the Good 'n' Plenty box?

How has using a tv for a monitor been working out for you. I remember having a 1080p LG TV for a monitor and it couldn't do true 1080p without text looking fuzzy. I have 3 1080p monitors in surround and im tired of dealing with bezelsand not sure if i wanna go with a 4k monitor or a 4k tv.

I have that same mouse pad! I personally put a wrist rest in the "cutout", I dig your ingenuity with putting it on it side to make it fit.

Which monitor and size is that ? Is that curved ?

It's definitely a curved 2015 Samsung. Can't tell if it's the JU6700, JU7500 or JS9000 though.

It has the same stand as my JS9000, but the bezel looks different. Might just be the lighting. I'm going to go ahead and guess 48" compared to that keyboard.

Which monitor and size is that ? Is that curved ?

Zarathustra[H];1041907910 said:
It's definitely a curved 2015 Samsung. Can't tell if it's the JU6700, JU7500 or JS9000 though.

It has the same stand as my JS9000, but the bezel looks different. Might just be the lighting. I'm going to go ahead and guess 48" compared to that keyboard.

his forum signature says 48" JS9000

I know this isn't exactly the right place for this, but I guess it kind of made sense in my head. I have been looking for a new desk for a while now. I had my heart set on the IKEA Galant. To have a similar setup to one of the earlier posts. Well that desk is infinitely hard to find and I don't like the rounded corners of the IKEA Bekant. So in my exploring of the internet I found this desk... It is like 1600$, I have not seen any pictures of this thing beyond just the sketch.

http://www.populasfurniture.com/product/accella-adjustable-wrap-corner-desk/

Does anyone know if this thing is worth the price? It does everything I want... Symmetrical corner desk, height adjustable, and that digital storm color... is sexy! Let me know what you guys think!

Back