Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

Fuck that 30hz, and more real estate? You mean bigger pixels, increased PPI and lower resolution. Ewww.

*edit, just noticed it's 3840x2160, holy shit i eat my words, shame about the 30hz still.

yeah its 4K

thats why i would want another panel for gaming.

and I would need another 7950 too...

heres a picture of my setup, and possibly the worst picture quality on this thread, i promise it looks much better in person. i also promise to get a better desk one day soon but i just dropped 1200 bucks on watercooling parts and my fiance is less than thrilled with me spending 400 bucks on watercooling parts.

What monitors are those? They have narrow bezels, or is it just overlapping?

I don't understand marriage...

Edit: I don't want to drag off topic and it has been a while:

satanliz58.jpg

jayjapanb, what monitor is that?

Maybe not a multi-monitor setup like many of you, but I've always prefered a single display to capture my attention :D

PC:
adwx1ZXi.jpg

Do you do some type of audio work mixing/mastering/production for a living/hobby or do you just like good audio?

Do you do some type of audio work mixing/mastering/production for a living/hobby or do you just like good audio?

What can I say... I just love great audio ;)

I have some friends who create their own music and they often have me listen to their stuff, or come over and listen for themselves on my setup.

Loving it so far. No regrets at replacing my U3011, whatsoever. Probably the best computer purchase I've made in the last 5 years.

I understand that other people have different preferences but, for me, the added real estate area justifies it by such a large margin that I will gladly game at 30Hz (which is not as bad as some people think)

I figure that, in a year or so when 60 and 120Hz are available, I can get replace the Seiki and still have saved money over buying the 32" Sharp Monitor now at $5K

Am I missing something? When I search for 4k Seiki TV, it says its 120Hz.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2418007,00.asp

I beleive renixinq is correct, its 120hz at 1080p

the HDMI rev it has doenst have enough bandwidth for anything over 30hz at 4K

Looks like the Logitech Z906 unit to me.

Correct. I used my z906 for a couple of years and eventually decided I did not want a 5.1 system on my PC anymore. 2.1 is still better for music listening and gaming. (IMO)

The z906 is a costly bit of kit though so I still wanted to make use of the control console & sub.

Make sure that you differentiate between "faked" 120hz and 240hz etc that tv's have 60hz input in the back and do their higher hz quotes using interpolatated (quasi-cloned) frames, and a true 120hz or higher input computer monitor that will show you many more new, unique frame "slices" of whats happening in the game world per second (provided you supply each hz with a new frame of game action by achieving equal to or greater than the hz rating in fps number).
Currently $1k in gpu's (a 690, 680x2 sli, a titan, etc) can get over 100fps and hit 120fps in some cases at 1080p on high+ or ultra settings , depending on the game. 2560x, triple monitor gaming, and 4k are much more demanding so require a huge expense in gpus to get over 100fps to feed a 120hz input enough frames. Best scenario is over the hz rating in fps... running over 120fps on a 120hz monitor allows you to run without vsync with insignificant tearing, and provides an overshoot "buffer" vs scene complexity fps dips. 120hz increases motion tracking (twice as many unique "slices" of new action info shown per second), and cuts the motion blur by half vs 60hz. Recently, the nvidia lightboost - in - 2D gaming crowd is running 100hz & 100fps+ , or 120hz & 120fps+ and getting zero motion blur via backlight strobing.

Last edited:
Wow I honestly didn't even know that the u3014 was out. Solid set up.

Zetc, how did you get both of your 30" monitors to display at it's native resolution @ 2560x1600?

I currently have 2x U2711 running on XFX Radeon HD6970 but later found out that the card only got 1 dvi-d port capable of supporting resolution at 2560x1600 (or in my case 2560x1440). the other port is dvi-i which the resolution max out at 1920x1200.

under your PC setup spec, you stated that you are using 7950. that card only got one dvi port as well.

^ Niiiiice. 2x U3014, I'm very jealous...

@Zetc: Where's number 3?
haha, that's the goal.. which is why there's another monitor stand prepared on the right ;)
Will get number 3 some time in the future. Probably wait for the next Rev first so that I can compare.

Wow I honestly didn't even know that the u3014 was out. Solid set up.

Zetc, how did you get both of your 30" monitors to display at it's native resolution @ 2560x1600?

I currently have 2x U2711 running on XFX Radeon HD6970 but later found out that the card only got 1 dvi-d port capable of supporting resolution at 2560x1600 (or in my case 2560x1440). the other port is dvi-i which the resolution max out at 1920x1200.

under your PC setup spec, you stated that you are using 7950. that card only got one dvi port as well.

Am using the DisplayPort outputs on my card to drive the 2 U3014s via their respective DisplayPort inputs.
The U2711 has a DisplayPort input as well. Your card has 2 mini DisplayPort outputs which can drive 2560x1440.

All you need to do is sign up for google voice (free), buy a adapter called obihai (one time cost about $30), plug the adapter into your router and configure the obihai to use google voice. Plug in any cordless phone that you have laying around the house from yesteryears and voila! Free calls as in $0.00 calls. The configuration is easy and provided with the obihai adapter.

You can also sign up for a service that will give you 911 access for $1/mo as Google voice does not provide 911.

Back