Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

i tried both , one large screen (40" for example) is much better choice , better FPS also ;)

Oh god my sides :D
I have a 47" on top of my 3x1 portrait and I feel bad every time I play games on it.

WOW :D ,come on guys ,take a break ,it's just matter of personal preference .

+1
I enjoy 1 HUGE flat screen more than 3 x 2d surround. I know the higher res monitors has better quality but i just hate how 3 monitors joins together. I had a 27 x 3 monitor setup(sold) and 40" x 3 LED setup and 1 x 60" LED setup. I do miss my 27"x 3 for shooting games and racing games but RPG i love single huge monitors(60"). And the 40"x3 LED (1920x1080 240hz)setup is not that bad compared to the 27x 3 as in resolution(2560 x 1600 ), although it is noticable. However i like bigger screens and 27's were too small for my taste.

IF it was 3 x 30's....HMMMMMMM Different story cause that 3 extra inches look alot better.
Got a 30" Dell monitor and looking to get 2 more!

+1
I enjoy 1 HUGE flat screen more than 3 x 2d surround. I know the higher res monitors has better quality but i just hate how 3 monitors joins together. I had a 27 x 3 monitor setup(sold) and 40" x 3 LED setup and 1 x 60" LED setup. I do miss my 27"x 3 for shooting games and racing games but RPG i love single huge monitors(60"). And the 40"x3 LED (1920x1080 240hz)setup is not that bad compared to the 27x 3 as in resolution(2560 x 1600 ), although it is noticable. However i like bigger screens and 27's were too small for my taste.

IF it was 3 x 30's....HMMMMMMM Different story cause that 3 extra inches look alot better.

3 X 30"s ? that's what i'm talking about , good choice ;)

3 X 23"s have good width but too narrow in height :confused:, can't you guys see it ?!!!! it's like watching TV through a keyhole :D

I think a 4k 40" TV will solve that resolution problem ,just waiting for the prices to get reasonable :)

+1

3 X 30"s ? that's what i'm talking about , good choice ;)

3 X 23"s have good width but too narrow in height :confused:, can't you guys see it ?!!!! it's like watching TV through a keyhole :D

I think a 4k 40" TV will solve that resolution problem ,just waiting for the prices to get reasonable :)

I've done Eyefinity before back when I had two 5870's. I had three Dell 24" monitors and the wow factor was really cool, but I just couldn't get used to the fisheye effect. I also tried having all the panels vertical, which made it better, but text not lining up bothered me. I didn't have it long enough and I know then eventually came out with bezel compensation.

I've now updated to a 29" Dell (U2913WM) and I love the wide aspect ratio without the fisheye effect. I was contemplating either this monitor or possibly a refurbished 30". So far, I'm super happy with my purchase! Most games look amazing, but games like Starcraft are locked at 16:9/16:10, so I have to reduce on those titles. I have a post in this thread that has actual screenshots of gaming on the U2913WM.

+1

The only problem with one big screen is lack of FOV.

The only problem with one big screen is lack of FOV.

And the only problem with 3 displays is the bezels. That's great that some people can look past that in games, but for others, it's a major immersion breaker. It never just blended into the environment even after several months of use. I hate it when there would be a sign or something in a game and part of it would be one one side of the bezel and the other part on the other bezel. I just couldn't look past that unless they could get cut in half of their average size, which I don't see happening anytime soon, since it should have already happened. Hopefully, when they are properly supported, 4K TVs with 444 can remedy a big part of the dilemma.

And the only problem with 3 displays is the bezels. That's great that some people can look past that in games, but for others, it's a major immersion breaker. It never just blended into the environment even after several months of use. I hate it when there would be a sign or something in a game and part of it would be one one side of the bezel and the other part on the other bezel. I just couldn't look past that unless they could get cut in half of their average size, which I don't see happening anytime soon, since it should have already happened. Hopefully, when they are properly supported, 4K TVs with 444 can remedy a big part of the dilemma.

Yes the bezels are annoying and i seem to not get use to it playing certain games. But its also true the FOV are alot better with 2D on a nice high res monitor vs a LED TV. Guess its all personal preferences. Im personally with you with a single monitor.. Now with the 4k TVs price dropping..........40"s+ 4k TV's:D:D:D:D:D:D:eek:

1080p at anything more than 23" is unacceptable and lacks [H]ard....add me to the haters quote.

The biggest issues I have with eyefinity/surround is it forces me to move back away from my screen a bit. I like to sit right around 2 feet from the screen and in order to properly see eyefinity I get pushed back to 3 feet. If I could get some 19" monitors at 1080p that would be magical.

I have 2 gaming monitor setups. 1 x 30"@2650x1600 (samsung 305t) -and- 3x21.5" @6060x1080 (ASUS VS229H-P) and I honestly can't tell which one I like more.

I just can't wait for the day when I can run PLP with my 1200x1600 - 2650x1600 - 1200x1600. I have the monitors. I'm just waiting on the technology......it would be nice for 900x1440 - 2650x1440 - 900x1440 as well.

Enough talking, this isn't a discussion thread, GIVE ME MORE PICTURES!

I am a man of simple needs.

4k TVs will actually alleviate the eyefinity situation. You could create a custom resolution that's ultra wide and still have enough pixels to make it worth it. It would also let you have as much "fisheye" as you can stand because you can make it as wide or narrow as you want it.

Thought I would add to this.
Here is the set-up in my room.

Middle - Dell U2410
Sides - Dell 1907FP
PLP mode

desktoproom1.jpg

in my office I have 3x Asus 24" LED.
need to get a picture of this one later.

44FueOe.jpg

Still need to figure out a mounting system, no VESA being available, but that's why I'm joining this forum.

Wow!

Just a bummer they are 1920x1080 a piece.

What does it draw from the wall?

Where I live a single KWh costs around $0.29

Yes waiting for the 4k tv's to come out lol. 40Inch in 240hz LED 1920 isnt so bad for my needs since im not a real gamer lol just movies and etc.
Not exact on the wattage but its about $40~$60 per tv per year so not really bad. $5~ per tv ish a month. For using 8+hrs a day.

Finally cleaned up a little bit... LOL

Samsung 5300HD-TV , got the same model in my new setup and i'm very happy with it , clear picture and vivid colors .good choice ;)

can you try to align the bezels a little bit to minimize the gap between panels , I think it would look much better .

i want to make some upgrade to what i have now. i Have 32" tv that i am using with laptop. Now i want to get 3*24" tvs and set them up in portrait or landscape mode i dont know yet. I would like some info what type of graphic cards i need for this. Is it better to go with ati or nvidia? i have 800 900 euros for PC without monitors. I dont play games that often but like to play them from time to time. I am more making this for programming so i can use more monitors for different files. Also would be good if it can be some hardware on witch i can install mac osx but this is not primary thing.

Really wish I had enough room on my desk to just buy an arm and a third monitor, it's funny because my brother told me once you go dual screen you don't go back. I have pretty much eaten those words, I could never go back to one monitor versus multiple monitors now.

When you display the monitor and iphone boxes as part of the decor, that's when your Apple obsession as reached it's max level. :p
But the Degree earned tops everything in that photo.
hahahaha, i may be weird but i actually find packaging to be really beautiful sometimes! as gorgeous as Apple hardware is, it is nice to see a company invest in the wrapping as well... seemed a waste to throw away XD

hahahaha, i may be weird but i actually find packaging to be really beautiful sometimes! as gorgeous as Apple hardware is, it is nice to see a company invest in the wrapping as well... seemed a waste to throw away XD

Packaging definitely can't hurt the already excellent resale value either :D

Back