Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

Some of these are really nice!

Anyway here is mine. Nice 22 HD Asus and a freebie gateway I got from my sister in law.

004zo.jpg

TU for Browncoat!

What'cha gettin'?

Well, I found the exact setup I wanted from this thread and finally seeing several shots of the dell 20/30/20 setup, almost looked through this entire thread.

Also, got very lucky on craigslist lately.

Picked up a 3007wfp-hc, which I posted a quick shot from the night I got it in this thread.

Since then, ordered 2x2007fp's to put on each side.

Also got a new mouse, g9x, sits next to my g500 till the warranty replacement shows up.

And after surfing the various forums here I am seriously debating getting a mechanical keyboard.

And I also modified (shortened) my ikea desk and replaced one of the legs to fit on a shorter wall in my room. Was pretty eventful few weeks. Oh yeah, also got new 2.1 system, a mint Logitech z-2300 for a great price too. Wanted to sell my hp touchpad on the FS forum here but I need to make quite a few more posts first, lol.

Almost page 1000, I've enjoyed seeing other people's setups. Someone posted one with led backlighting behind the monitor, that's probably my next step. Anyway, here's what I have currently.

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg

running 3 23", center monitor is a dell ips, sides are $100 monitors but function well enough. bought 3 monoprice wall mounts to get them "floating" You can see the setup clearly in the 3rd picture. Setup is awesome for my line of work (food brokerage), just need a higher end gpu to get gaming going correctly in eyefinity. I'm currently running one ati 5770.

bought 3 monoprice wall mounts to get them "floating" You can see the setup clearly in the 3rd picture. Setup is awesome for my line of work (food brokerage), just need a higher end gpu to get gaming going correctly in eyefinity. I'm currently running one ati 5770.

god dammit i bought the exact same mount for my 3007wfp and i could not get the screws to go into my wall due to them being really really cheap and my screwdriver would chip them :(

yeah there were a ton of comments on monoprices websites about previous batches of screws being faulty. The new ones are good and usable though. If you still have the mount, there's mention of what screws are needed from a hardware store to match up exactly with what was supposed to be included.

I never liked the portrait mode setup.. it makes the bars too central for my taste. From a aspect ratio and screen object/element point of view in gaming it doesn't make sense to me either, even with the high pixel count.

http://www.3dalchemist.com/images/lcds/eyefinity_config-aspects-visualized_sm.jpg

Totally agree. The Landscape mode is what Eyefinity is all about, expanding the game world view. Portrait mode does not show you more of the game, it just ups the pixel count, but still looks the same as gaming on a single 1920x1200res. Where as three monitors setup in Landscape actually shows off WAY MORE of the game world than you would never see before. Landscape in BattleField 3 you can see tanks or helicopters in the side monitors, you normally would not see until they are in the main screen, it really adds to the immersion.

Totally agree. The Landscape mode is what Eyefinity is all about, expanding the game world view. Portrait mode does not show you more of the game, it just ups the pixel count, but still looks the same as gaming on a single 1920x1200res. Where as three monitors setup in Landscape actually shows off WAY MORE of the game world than you would never see before. Landscape in BattleField 3 you can see tanks or helicopters in the side monitors, you normally would not see until they are in the main screen, it really adds to the immersion.

x2, why not just get a big tv. I tried going portrait mode, but having those bezels so close together bothered me too much. In landscape I don't pay any attention.

yes other than plasma, a tv with good blacklevels and detail-in-blacks that is LCD is a VA type lcd, which is bad for gaming. TV's also have scalers which introduce additional input lag (though many monitors have scalers too if you don't purposefully avoid them). The perceived ppi at distance comes into play. A 27" 1080p or 2560x at "normal" desk viewing distances is preferable to me, or as part of a LLL eyefinity with the side panels for immersion. Any monitor much over 30" at a desk is eye-bending to the periphery too - which is different from LLL eyefinity where the side panels are mostly peripheral by design. I don't like those centric bars in PPP eyefinity at all, and the pic I posted shows good reasons to choose a differently in regard to games. Using a LCD TV is a poor choice and not even an option as far as I'm concerned. To each his own though. Its discussed in plenty of other threads.

Last edited:
50:16 or 25:8 is what I'm running. Which is very close to those PLP setups. It's wider than a single screen. Also, this thing is so huge, it completely immerses me.

Compare-1.jpg

Yep, I never said 5x1 = same aspect as 1. PPP is close. I agree that 5 is closer to a PLP aspect and you can extrapolate both of those concepts from the bottom two aspect ratios on the picture I posted. Your personal eyeball FoV is partially related to your view distance to your monitor also, as is your percieved ppi/pixel size. I don't like having to bend my eyes up vertically and to the corners to see stuff in my periphery on my main game view space on monitors over 30" at desk distances, and I definitely don't like the more central bars especially when I can get similar central FoV on a different monitor. PLP is nice if eyefinity supported it and monitors were still made that support it better . 5x1 replicates it and at a higher ppi. LLL eyefinity may be overkill on the overall width compared to PLP aspect, but it works and has no central bars. On games that support it properly, your main gaming space is maintained and within scope of your normal gaze, with HUD, pointers/notifications, chat, etc all in that scope. PPI aside, I've had 37" monitors at my desk and the vertical is annoying imo. The only way I would use a huge wall-of-monitor is if you could assign a main virtual monitor size and have the view outside of it additional FoV , rather than just jumbo sizing the whole scene.
Between both 5x1 and LLL , ppi and the central bars are the tradeoffs of course (as well as things like price, AG coatings, scalers, etc depending on the monitor type). I just don't think its worth it personally, mainly because of the bars when I can have three 27" LLL 120hz (or even a single one relatively close) in front of me with no bars in my face/main gaze. You will find proponents of both of course.

@elvn: I have to agree that it's quite large. On games in which you can manually dial horizontal and vertical FOV, you could do this, the only thing is that you would see more distortion (if that bothers you). I've always wanted to do this, especially for setups that have even number of monitors. Like a 2x2 or 3x2 where you could also move the viewport to a certain monitor and extend from there.

EDIT: SoftTH apparently allows you to do this now, but for SoftTH to work, you still need more than one desktop.

IMAG0410.jpg

Last edited:
Well I got my new 2007fp's in yesterday, I now have some serious appreciation for you guys with more than 1 dell 30" monitor, I have everything all setup with the 20/30/20 PLP setup and DAMN, it looks incredible, its also HUGE. Waiting on an adapter that should get over here so I can get the third monitor hooked up. Had no idea dell financial services would have these monitors at my house in 3 days, that was pretty amazing too. Pics soon!

Well I got my new 2007fp's in yesterday, I now have some serious appreciation for you guys with more than 1 dell 30" monitor, I have everything all setup with the 20/30/20 PLP setup and DAMN, it looks incredible, its also HUGE. Waiting on an adapter that should get over here so I can get the third monitor hooked up. Had no idea dell financial services would have these monitors at my house in 3 days, that was pretty amazing too. Pics soon!
Aww man I almost got a 30inch off craigslist and was going to do this same thing because it looks amazing but he freaking sold it from under me. :( Told me he was going to hold it too. :mad::rolleyes:

Here's my 5x1P plus a couple extras setup. You really need a screen in landscape still for watching video, I find the bezels disappear when you're busy gaming though. I think this will do me until new 3840x2160 (3840x2400 wishful thinking?) screens start to appear..

Work mode:
xJWSV.jpg

Game mode:
WMngE.jpg

YjTV5.jpg

From left to right, they are: Dell 2405FPW, U2412M, U2412M, U2412M, BenQ FP241W, NEC 2190UXp, Dell 2005FPW

Quick shot, right after I got them hooked up. Will take more shots tomorrow after I have it setup the way I want and I clean up the cables!

70bOW.jpg

2007fp / 3007wfp-hc / 2007fp

-G

Last edited:
DSC_4549_web.jpg

Finally swapped the last HP 2335 for a HP LP2475, 3x24" ftw.
Also removed a usb hub that had been annoying me for some time (cable mess), using the hub on the HP monitor + cable hiders behind it.

IMG_21641.jpg

Nothing fancy HP DV5-1002NR with LG 32LK450... does ok no complaints even with 3D drawings in AutoCAD 2010. HPw2007 on the side is for work laptop.

Goodfellah - wallpaper link? Are you using a program to split the 3 desktop wallpapers?

I am using the free version of Ultramon to get the task bar and wallpaper across the three screens, I was able to find the wallpaper by searching 4960x1600 through google images, your other option for wallpapers are the 7680x1600 and using those centered or compressed.

Either way, very pleased with Ultramon thus far, but the availability of wallpapers for this setup is severely lacking.

Updated.... :)

Antec Twelve Hundred
Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 Mobo
4x4Gb Corsair Ram (DDR3-1866)
Aplenföhn Brocken CPU cooler
Intel Xeon E3 1230 @ 3,8Ghz (Yes, you CAN actually OC the Xeons)
5x 2TB SATA2 HDDs (Mixed WD, Seagate and Hitachi)
2x Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 1Gb
2x Sapphire Displayport -> DVI (Single) adapter
6x Acer P236Hbd FullHD 23" Screens
Allcam mounting System for 6 screens

System with 6nd GPU just installed:
di-9T0J.jpg

System running:
di-H0KU.jpg

Openarena across all 6 screens:
di-ES19.jpg

Any comments? :)

Six screens are so sexy....omg, omg, omggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg................

Looks nice, although I think I'd prefer 5x1 Portrait over stacking them, easier to line up, and no crosshair hiding in your bezels.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8352385/EVE/DSC_4549_web.jpg[IMG]
Finally swapped the last HP 2335 for a HP LP2475, 3x24" ftw.
Also removed a usb hub that had been annoying me for some time (cable mess), using the hub on the HP monitor + cable hiders behind it.[/QUOTE]
is that bias lighting i see? if so, mind posting a pic in the dark? thanks

Back