Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

Who needs tri-screen setups?? :)
img0177v.jpg

img0179naw.jpg

http://img20.imageshack.us/i/img0191k.jpg/

lots of people. what is the resolution of that thing in the first place?

same as a 23" 16:9 display. There's your reason for a multiple display setup. :)

Yes there is a reason for multiple displays. Thank you for pointing that out to me......
Forgive my initial post as it was a lame excuse for sarcasm.....

Sooner or later you will think the 30" small and add a side display or two ;)

That is what happened to me. Added 2 Dell 2007FPs.

After that I needed something with larger fonts and movies. Added a 47" 1080p monitor.

All I need now is one of those small 7" lcds to for those little gadgets.

someone please stop me!!!!!

That is what happened to me. Added 2 Dell 2007FPs.

After that I needed something with larger fonts and movies. Added a 47" 1080p monitor.

All I need now is one of those small 7" lcds to for those little gadgets.

someone please stop me!!!!!

I think it's impossible. You always want something more. Even if you tell yourself "I'll get this so I don't have to upgrade for a while" you always ALWAYS find something that will "complete your set up".
Hope you enjoy the 7" displays ;)

EDIT: Here's the next thing I "need" :p
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823126053&Tpk=g19
Oh how I love my addiction. But hell I'll be able to watch youtube videos on my keyboard! I'll never have to buy another one :D

If you are in a LCD sphere you cant possibly want more real estate ;) Maybe higher resolution :s

hm. i always thought big screens would be too big for some games... never considered running in windowed mode... maybe i do want a big screen lol.

Ano know why i have vertical bars going accross my monitors, this is very noticable with greys n blacks.

Both are at native resoultion and at the native refresh rate.

Any suggestions.

Its a brand new replacement . I hope not !

9600gt running two 1680 x 1050 monitors at 60Hz.I was thinking of a GTX 260, to run them, but funds is low at the minute ( Im 16)

On a clear white picture its fine and un-noticeable, but on blacks and greys it very noticable.

Tried different monitors to make sure your monitors arn't going out? Try running the card at stock if it is overclocked.

The card has always run stock settings etc and idles around 45-50 degrees.

Would other electrical equipment effect them , e.g. desk fan.

I've invested in a couple upgrades over the last month for my setup at home. At my old place I was running 2x 22" monitors, I had my Samsung 2232BW and my newer Dell S2209W. When I moved into my new apartment I decided to use my Samsung LCD as a HDTV in my bedroom, so I was down to a single 22" LCD which just wasn't cutting it.

I was also in the market for a new Keyboard and Mouse since my G15 was showing its age a little, so I bought a simple Logitech illuminated keyboard and a MX Revolution. Last night I picked up another S2209W.

My setup last month -

Last night -

Another update:

My sub finally showed up (after a month :rolleyes: ). The two computers, Fire and Ice, are in my sig. Check there for specs, but the rest of the system goes like this:

Monitors: Gateway 30" XHD3000's tripled.
Receiver: Marantz SR-5003
Front Speakers: Axiom M22 v2's
Center Speaker: Axiom VP100
Surround Speakers: Axiom QS8 v2's
Subwoofer: Velodyne DEQ-12R
Blu-Ray: Sony BDP-S301
HD-DVD: Toshiba HD-A30
Line Conditioner: APC H15 (A/V) / APC XS 1500 (PC)
A/V Rack: Middle Atlantic BRK14 with laser cut faceplates

I'm waiting on picking out the new desk until I get a house bought so I know what kind of room all this is going to be shoe-horned into. ;) Apart form that, another potential cpu-mobo-ram update on Fire, and a media server for the A/V rack, I think I'm done. It's only taken me a year and a half and well over a 100 hours of over-time. :eek: If I still had a wife I'd probably be shot by now. :p Input is welcome, I'm always game for tips to improve things.

Another update:

My sub finally showed up (after a month :rolleyes: ). The two computers, Fire and Ice, are in my sig. Check there for specs, but the rest of the system goes like this:

Monitors: Gateway 30" XHD3000's tripled.
Receiver: Marantz SR-5003
Front Speakers: Axiom M22 v2's
Center Speaker: Axiom VP100
Surround Speakers: Axiom QS8 v2's
Subwoofer: Velodyne DEQ-12R
Blu-Ray: Sony BDP-S301
HD-DVD: Toshiba HD-A30
Line Conditioner: APC H15 (A/V) / APC XS 1500 (PC)
A/V Rack: Middle Atlantic BRK14 with laser cut faceplates

I'm waiting on picking out the new desk until I get a house bought so I know what kind of room all this is going to be shoe-horned into. ;) Apart form that, another potential cpu-mobo-ram update on Fire, and a media server for the A/V rack, I think I'm done. It's only taken me a year and a half and well over a 100 hours of over-time. :eek: If I still had a wife I'd probably be shot by now. :p Input is welcome, I'm always game for tips to improve things.

Very clean set up! I like the gateway xdh as well..i have one and love it. I also like your rack..it looks clean in unlcuttered...i have a 6 space one sitting on my desk as well..i wish there were some clean sharp desks with rackspace built in

The setup is sweet. Do you just leave your center channel like that thou? It seems to block off a bit of the screen.

Very clean set up! I like the gateway xdh as well..i have one and love it. I also like your rack..it looks clean in unlcuttered...i have a 6 space one sitting on my desk as well..i wish there were some clean sharp desks with rackspace built in

Thank you! There is a company that makes desks like that. I believe they are called "Winsted". They are aimed towards the recording industry and are quite expensive.

--

The setup is sweet. Do you just leave your center channel like that thou? It seems to block off a bit of the screen.

It looks as though it blocks your view in this picture, but when you are sitting in front of it, it does not. The top of the speaker cabinet slopes down and fits perfectly. Good eye though, that was a concern of mine when I was shopping for speakers.

Thanks for the compliments all.

Last edited:
Frraksurred... beautiful setup, looks very professional.
You have good taste in audio too ;)

Thank you Sir! Tips from fellow forum members like yourself have helped shape this project.

What was it the A Team used to say? "I love it when a plan comes together". lol.

Back