Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

I got a pair but do you have to have a Creative card with a flexijack out?
Can you just send out a coaxial digital signal to them?

yea basically,

yea these BA's are old but ive had a quite a few speaker setups, these i kept in the closet and they are the smallest package with the biggest sound.

before i moved i was using logitech z-640s which sound very nice as well. ( not great but for the price did very well) now they are my home theatre.

i had a set of monsoon flatpanel speakers which i was surprised at how well they sounded but i gave em to my brother.

alloyic you have my wife car as your wallpaper on the lappy. :D

Just finished drilling a hole in the desk to conceal the G15 and G9 peripherals.

Mac

IMG_0455-vi.jpg

I've got that same desk and I love it. It is 72" wide and over 60" deep. Enough to hold plenty of monitors. Can you take pics of those holes you drilled and how you made them look good? Also any idea where I can find the hole covers for that desk? I lost mine.

Teecee did you install your top backwards also? The desk is not made to butt up to a wall. Also notice that box on the floor on the right :)

Mac

It's made by Bush

Corsa Collection Bow Desk model WC24446 in Hansen Cherry.

Officemax sells them at around $300

Mac

looks like the newer version of my old desk.. so much space. very nice and clean! I had to drill holes in my old and current desk also..

(FYI, a 1" unibit rocks for making nice and fast holes in medium to thick depth desk wood)

Hi guys, below are some pics of my work setup. I´m primarily a C++ developer, and my development rig was custom built, using a C2D E6400 | ASUS P5B Deluxe Wifi-Ap | 4 GB DDR2 800 | 1 WD Raptor 10k rpm 150GB | 1 Samsung 160GB SATA2.

The LCD´s: 1 ViewSonic Optiquest Q20wb, surrounded by 2 19" LG Flatron L192WS.
Sorry for the low image quality, my cam sucks ...

Entrance of my office room:
p3260003gb5.jpg

A closer look on the LCD´s:
p3260006je0.jpg

Yeah, I know some cable management is necessary :)
p3260008fb4.jpg

And last, a shot from the other side
p3260011aq7.jpg

I will post my home setup later. Sorry for my bad english, I´m a brazilian guy.
Greetings from Brazil,

Andre Casteliano

Yes ... a lot!

I needed a long time to buy everything ... now I´m only doing small upgrades here and there.
That machine was built in march of 2007. At the time, it sum up to $ 4,000.00 USD.

My desk is clean because it´s a new office, and I don´t bring all my stuff yet. :)

Yes ... a lot!

I needed a long time to buy everything ... now I´m only doing small upgrades here and there.
That machine was built in march of 2007. At the time, it sum up to $ 4,000.00 USD.

My desk is clean because it´s a new office, and I don´t bring all my stuff yet. :)[/QUOTE
wow that sucks. that is some serious price inflation. it is about half that in the US. maybe even more

LyL18, what do you think of that chair? I don't know whether to get a mesh one myself, it's just they can be rather expensive.

LyL18, what do you think of that chair? I don't know whether to get a mesh one myself, it's just they can be rather expensive.

Overall, the chair is great -- it offers a good range of positions so i just found the one that suits me and keep it there.

Cushioning is good, back support is good... sometimes i wish i would have gotten a full back chair, but then i would be more inclined to nap :p

I got it at Staples for around $80 i believe. I agree that mesh chairs can seem pretty expensive

I agree that mesh chairs can seem pretty expensive

A good chair is worth it if you value your back. Most of us here probably spend a lot of time in front of a computer, and a chair is a good investment that will save you money on chiropractic bills later on.

Copy and pasted from another thread.

I am rocking the Xbox360, PS3, Wii, and my PC rig on my XHD3000. PC is under desk. Sometimes I use my older 19" Samsung CRT in case I get really competitive. I am using Creative speakers for a 5.1 setup with my PC. For the consoles I just use the XHD3000's speaker bar which is good quality considering.

You can notice the very bad bend in my desk, shitty desk. I need to upgrade and better organize everything once I move into my new place.

100_0374.jpg

100_0381.jpg

100_0384.jpg

I just turned an unfinished storage space off of my bonus room into my new office. I still have some cable management to do and a few touch ups but it is complete. My desk was in the bonus room but we wanted more room for my son to play.

IMGP3143.JPG

IMGP3254.JPG

IMGP3217.JPG

IMGP3218.JPG

IMGP3219.JPG

IMGP3220.JPG

IMGP3221.JPG

TheGooch,

Hope that desk doesn't break while you're 30" is sitting there!

Teecee,
That looks pretty damn good. I like it!!

Teecee,
That looks pretty damn good. I like it!!

Thanks. I did all the work myself. Even ran some extra 20 amp plugs to their own 20 amp circuit so my PCs are on a separate circuit than my audio equipment. Vacuum cleaner was tripping the circuit breaker.

Speakers: Creative GigaWorks T20
Chair: Magnus (I have no idea where it could be found in the US..)

I thought about getting the new Sharp 32" 1080p strictly for a computer monitor. They good for gaming (pc and console)?

I thought about getting the new Sharp 32" 1080p strictly for a computer monitor. They good for gaming (pc and console)?
There are a few threads that deal directly with the Sharp 32" 1080p LCD TV as a PC monitor. Most everyone raves about its gaming performance.

Im on my second Sharp GP1U and they suck. A lot of blurring and smearing on the screen. My first one had a dead pixel and second has a lot of stuck green and red pixels. Also a bad HD picture. Another thing is they have banding. Just not a good LCD.

Im on my second Sharp GP1U and they suck. A lot of blurring and smearing on the screen. My first one had a dead pixel and second has a lot of stuck green and red pixels. Also a bad HD picture. Another thing is they have banding. Just not a good LCD.

Sorry to hear that but no they a great monitor, just bc u had some problems which sucked doesnt make it a sucky ass TV lol..

Primary display and the secondary on the right is ran from my XFX 8800GT. The third display (15" on the left) is ran from a seperate PCIx card, the nVidia 6200LT. Primary display is for gaming, the two side displays give me my system monitoring tools (Everest), date/time/weather as well as XFire and Teamspeak ... some times torrent monitoring ...

I use Ultramon to spread wallpapers correctly.

PC.jpg

Primary display and the secondary on the right is ran from my XFX 8800GT. The third display (15" on the left) is ran from a seperate PCIx card, the nVidia 6200LT. Primary display is for gaming, the two side displays give me my system monitoring tools (Everest), date/time/weather as well as XFire and Teamspeak ... some times torrent monitoring ...

I use Ultramon to spread wallpapers correctly.

PC.jpg

Liking it. although, why not have them closer together?

Back