Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

How well do you think those would hold up on a glass table with a 20.1 wide and 19" viewsonics?

The clamps are good sized and it looks like they could clamp onto anything from 1/2" thick to 3+" thick. BUT, I am no engineer. Those clamps with monitors cantilevering out put a lot of pressure onto a small surface. Wood and particle board will flex a lot before breaking. Glass is a different story. WicKeDcHilD had a great idea with using wood to clamp to. The wood would help protect the glass and transfer the load to a larger area. My advice would be proceed with caution. I would hate anyone to clamp onto a glass top and have it break from the load of the monitors.

update:

_MG_3998.jpg

out of the two (ps3, xbox) u got wich one do u play most

Hi all,

I'm building a 3-monitor setup and was intrigued by some configurations I saw here. I want my main monitor to be the Dell 2407 WFP, and the side monitors to be turned vertically (I don't want 3 widescreens side-by-side...too wide). I'd like the edges to match up reasonably well (1/4" or less ideally), so does anyone know which Dell model would be good the side panels?

The website only includes dimensions including the stand.
Thanks...

There is no Dell that suits. You need the same dot pitch.
17" is too small, 19" too big.
But if this does not bother you i would go for the 17". It fits a little bit better.

Yeah, everything looks giant. It's probably because the flower picture on the wall looks like it's actually waist level and not where you would normally hang a picture. And the thing that looks like a table is like a mini foot table.

desktop.jpg

Nothing too special, but I LOVE it! Two Dell 2007WFP S-IPS displays. I love em. Ya think I have enough desk space?? This desk used to hold a 21" CRT and 19" CRT with ease, so there's more than enough room for the LCDs.

I have people ask about the desk surface all the time, so I'll answer it in advance. I got a huge, huge sheet of Plexiglass (this stuff is expensive btw!) and-- not kidding-- put down sheets of $0.59 black posterboard underneath it. The Plexiglass is the most useful part of that desk because I can put all the cold drinks and spill all the pizza I want on it without worrying about staining anything, plus I can put important papers/business cards/etc underneath the Plexiglass and know that I won't lose them. The black posterboard is purely for looks, it just makes the whole setup feel more modern.

See that book and that TI-89? That's what I should be doing right now...

Mines and my girls setup

Gateway FPD2485W and a Sammy 204bw. And yes, the AMP to the far left is a must have =)

Hi all,

I'm building a 3-monitor setup and was intrigued by some configurations I saw here. I want my main monitor to be the Dell 2407 WFP, and the side monitors to be turned vertically (I don't want 3 widescreens side-by-side...too wide). I'd like the edges to match up reasonably well (1/4" or less ideally), so does anyone know which Dell model would be good the side paels?

The website only includes dimensions including the stand.
Thanks...

2007fp or equivalent 20" non-ws monitor. Relatively close (around 1/4th inch difference in height at worst. The dot pitch on a 20" is a little bit smaller than a 2407, so things look a tad bit smaller, but overall moving my mouse from one monitor to the other feels perfectly flawless. As an added bonus, pixel-wise they are both 1200 pixels high.

Finally i get around to finding my old POS camera to take some pictures...btw my camera as started in the beginning is a PIECE OF @#$% so plz dont think the quality of the tv is this bad. it doesn't do it any justice.

if any of ya'll can recommend a better jpg hosting site that be awsome, i dont like these lil thumbnails. using theimagehosting.com for these atm.

here is some of my desk. my laptop screen is really bleeped up and i aint spending 350 dollars to get a new one

and this is my desktop monitor a 19in microtek C997SD bought this in 2004 for 750dollars lol. it has AWSOME color production, blacks are freaken BLACK there is a wee bit of ghosting but this monitor isn't meant for gaming but didn't know anything about LCD when i first bought it.

Mines and my girls setup

Gateway FPD2485W and a Sammy 204bw. And yes, the AMP to the far left is a must have =)
I was curious about your temps on what looks like your main box on the desk you have. I used to have my box up almost against a wall like that and I noticed the exhaust doesnt have enough room to breath completely. Once I moved mine the temps went down.

Can you give us some more pics? I'd like to see the brackets you used. Are you using 2 video cards for the quad display? Which ones are they?

could be done with any decent one graphic card (Nvidia)... as stated in his post ..with matrox's TH2Go

I was curious about your temps on what looks like your main box on the desk you have. I used to have my box up almost against a wall like that and I noticed the exhaust doesnt have enough room to breath completely. Once I moved mine the temps went down.

My temps have never been a issue, my case also has a top exhaust fan along with the rear and psu exhaust.

4zup.JPG

1907fpz Matrox TH2go

Very nice setup. These are the pictures that makes me liking this thread. Especially the fourth screen on top is very well placed.
How did you fix it?
When Matrox is able to support DVI and a mix of widescreen and normal screens i will definately go for such a thing. But I think i have to wait a long time until this happens.

Sorry, the shots are so blurry. It's dark out and using flash makes them look less-than-spectacular.

Well I am very happy. I got a desk awhile ago that was on sale at staples. I am currently living temporarily in the dining room till my room is finished in the basement. I finally put my desk together today and got everything set up. Laptop is HP pavilion dv6244us Core 2 duo 1.6, 1gb ram, 120gb hdd, integrated web cam and mic, light scribe dvd burner, and vista home premium.:D Soon that mamoth 20" tube will be replaced with either the dell 2007wfp or 2407wfp. I will post an updated pic when that happens. Xbox is on the right(eventually will be replaced with 360- Im go'n hd all the way) PS2 on the left, which I only bought because '24' the game was coming out exclusively for ps2. I am a major '24' fan if you can see the seasons 1 and 2 dvd sets under the shelves. Let me know what you guys think!
060.jpg

061.jpg

062.jpg

063.jpg

064.jpg

065.jpg

066.jpg

067.jpg

068.jpg

069.jpg

The pics don't do them justice. The Evangeline pic looks so real, the colors are great after Spyder calibration. It’s the best 1920x1200 pic I’ve found. There are lots out there but most have too much digital grain or snow in them. This one was scanned from hi-res film. Looks so clean. Anyway… I think they have less input lag than the 2405 and the DVD playback scaled to full screen is the best I’ve seen on an LCD. Games look great. The colors do look different and I’m liking them the more I work with them.

New Setup with 2 Dell 2707s:

4209511922_00fd0032ed_b.jpg

Old Setup with 2405 and 2005:

4209518568_7b579b01f2.jpg
4209520666_ec6ba35a1f.jpg

4208752779_975088c0a2_b.jpg

4209512564_ff7df7f8ca_b.jpg

Last edited:
It’s an Ergotron HD LCD arm and it rocks. I paid around $600 but I’ve seen them on eBay from $300. The install took a few days but I love it. I also love Evangeline. :) Oh my Ms Lilly was that restraining order really necessary.

What kind of LCD arms hold those monitors?

Evangeline makes me feel funny when she looks at me that way... :p

They don’t look dark at all on sunny days. Only when the sun hits right on them but then I close the shades. :) Yes, I love me desk. It just fit in the room with less than an inch on the side and I got the mounting hardware to attach the tables leaving only 4 legs on the out side edges. :)

Don't your monitors look too dark when it's a sunny day outside? I'm very jealous of your desk space... I only got the corner section ask my desk... now I wish I had gotten three desks to put together like you did...

It’s an Ergotron HD LCD arm and it rocks. I paid around $600 but I’ve seen them on eBay from $300. The install took a few days but I love it.

Which one? Ergotron website has "HD Dual Monitor Arm" for 500$ MSRP, but it support screen up to 22,9" only. Looks different then yours too.
How rigid is that anyways?

Well I am very happy. I got a desk awhile ago that was on sale at staples. I am currently living temporarily in the dining room till my room is finished in the basement. I finally put my desk together today and got everything set up. Laptop is HP pavilion dv6244us Core 2 duo 1.6, 1gb ram, 120gb hdd, integrated web cam and mic, light scribe dvd burner, and vista home premium.:D Soon that mamoth 20" tube will be replaced with either the dell 2007wfp or 2407wfp. I will post an updated pic when that happens. Xbox is on the right(eventually will be replaced with 360- Im go'n hd all the way) PS2 on the left, which I only bought because '24' the game was coming out exclusively for ps2. I am a major '24' fan if you can see the seasons 1 and 2 dvd sets under the shelves. Let me know what you guys think!
060.jpg

061.jpg

062.jpg

063.jpg

064.jpg

065.jpg

066.jpg

067.jpg

068.jpg

069.jpg

nice setup. I got the same laptop and specs :D

thanks. isnt that thing sweet. Im slowly getting used to vista and was able to get my file and print sharing up and running.:)

can anyone recomend what monitor, between 2007wfp and 2407wfp would be best for my set up and needs? I like the size and component input(even though people say it sucks) of the 2407, but i dont know if it would be worth the extra cash. I will be using it for ps2, xbox, HDTV in vista mce, and eventually HD dvd with xbox 360 hd dvd drive. Any help appreciated! Thanks.

Back