Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

My humble little setup. Both monitors are only a few days old, so I'm still trying to tweak them to my liking. Oh, Best Buy was out of DVI cables, so the one on the right is running analog for now. I'm not a good photographer because the pictures are much, much better in person.

LG L1732TQ - on the right
LG L226WT - on the left

1111101bw7.jpg

/\ dude, what operating system do you prefer , vista or osx ? , also whats you mac mini like ?, i'm thinking of getting one with a 1 gig of ram.

sweet setup all-around! what game is that on the left?

Thanks!

The game on the left is the free America's Army game http://www.americasarmy.com/ and it's a new map called SF Airport. It's not the most high-end game out there, but I'm part of a Veteran's group that plays, which makes it a lot of fun :D There's nothing quite like a bunch of trash-talking Veterans on Teamspeak to put a smile on your face :)

im guessing he prefers OSX because it is on the 27in dell and not the smaller 20in

Yes, OS X all the way, vista is too new to tell yet, but it's trying to be a Mac LOL actually that's a Dell 2405 display it just looks small compared to the 2707. Mac Mini is fine for my needs, I just loaded up the ram to 2GB. It records and plays HDTV just fine and is very quiet for my late nite computing.

I dont get dell, Their 30" monitor is the same price as the new 27" inch, What makes the 27" so good?

BTW Gordon kicks a$$

Hey stinkypalm, what do you think of the 2707. I'm considering one my self. Upgrading from a gateway 21 inch, which is why I am debating about it because I really have no problems with it other than I want bigger.

Hey stinkypalm, what do you think of the 2707. I'm considering one my self. Upgrading from a gateway 21 inch, which is why I am debating about it because I really have no problems with it other than I want bigger.

I like it alot, the pictures and text are fantastic, very easy on the eyes. I got it Monday, I wouldn't pay current price though, wait for a price drop. I got it at work with the employee program for about 900 which was less than the 23" apple display which I was looking at.

Here is my new setup. Just upgraded to the Dell 2407wfp - LOVE IT. Sorry about image quality, thats my supposedly excellent camera phone - sony k800i.

DSC00302.jpg

DSC00303.jpg

DSC00304.jpg

DSC00306.jpg

DSC00308.jpg

Let me know what you think, cheers

I like it alot, the pictures and text are fantastic, very easy on the eyes. I got it Monday, I wouldn't pay current price though, wait for a price drop. I got it at work with the employee program for about 900 which was less than the 23" apple display which I was looking at.

I like them a lot also. They were a little washed out but I used coworkers Color Vision Spyder2 and they look great. I think there is a noticeable difference between them and the 2405 and 2005 that I had. Stretched to fit DVD play back also looks very nice, better then the 2405.

StinkyP – What was your delivered cost? I got mine for 933 each, no tax or shipping. It was our Dell account manager that got me the quote as it is there end of quarter pricing.

I like them a lot also. They were a little washed out but I used coworkers Color Vision Spyder2 and they look great. I think there is a noticeable difference between them and the 2405 and 2005 that I had. Stretched to fit DVD play back also looks very nice, better then the 2405.

StinkyP – What was your delivered cost? I got mine for 933 each, no tax or shipping. It was our Dell account manager that got me the quote as it is there end of quarter pricing.

It was 900 plus 74 in taxes so 974.00, you got a good price :D

Put it like this...girls like guys that are neat and clean,
No they don't.
Order is for idiots, genius can handle chaos.
Smart girls know this.

People being anal about wires showing are completely deranged. I'd show them just for the fun of annoying those loonatics. No wire has ever looked hideous to me, nor will it ever.

I only buy a good screen so I can have quality work done on it, and so that it shows colors/images the way they are. Who buys a PC just to look at its desktop? Those are the idiots. I don't buy my stuff to look at how great it looks while doing nothing with it, I work with it, I create things, I change the world with it.

Wires look great. I have patch-bays in my living room showing huge bundles of wires, and they look amazing. I have parts of my floor reserved for wires and it looks fine. In fact, bundling wires and 'organizing' them causes distortion, feedback, loss, overspraak, etc.

Here is my new setup. Just upgraded to the Dell 2407wfp - LOVE IT. Sorry about image quality, thats my supposedly excellent camera phone - sony k800i.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h176/ay786/DSC00302.jp

[IMG]http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h176/ay786/DSC00303.jpg

[IMG]http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h176/ay786/DSC00304.jpg

[IMG]http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h176/ay786/DSC00306.jpg

[IMG]http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h176/ay786/DSC00308.jpg

Let me know what you think, cheers[/QUOTE]

Hehe I really like that symbol NOS on the side of your tower. Fits well with it

DSC00302.jpg

Let me know what you think, cheers

Are those perfume bottle at the top shelf?

Yeah there aftershave bottles, i like to smell nice :D

really just to collect them as well,

My setup. Dell E196FP on sides turned sideways. Dell 2407FPW in the center. Just got the 24" this week from CostCo.com.

IMG_1963.jpg

IMG_1944.jpg

Back view of the 2 arms holding the 3 monitors. I got these on Ebay.

IMG_1969.jpg

I like to stand at times to program so I rotate the main monitor up and place the keyboard and mouse on a stand.

Awesome multi-monitor array! I acaully stand about half of the day when I work. I had my desk built to standing height and just use an adjustable "drafting" chair that can go from a normal desk height to MY height! That way I can still sit down when my feet get tired -I just have some boxes under my desk for my feet so they don't just dangle over the edge of the chair. Been pretty good on my back that way.

I need a really sturdy and nice monitor stand but that is relatively cheap..

I have a 2007fpw and plan on getting a 2407 eventually any suggestions ?

If he just got it, it was $675 @ Costco last week or the week before. I got mine from Dell Home for $677 shipped including taxes...

There are coupons for 20% off on ebay, just make sure to buy the right one!!

kf777 how much you pay for the dell 24" ?

BrinNutz is correct. $675 at CostCo. I decided to do CostCo because they have such a great return policy if anything was wrong with the monitor. Nothing wrong. No dead pixels. Ordered it Saturday night and got it Thursday afternoon. Was A03 revision which is fine for me. I don't game so I am not concerned about the issues that others are saying about the A03 versus the A04 for the 2407.

Back