Weaksauce
A wild 77C2 appeared.

Attachments

• IMG_20220619_112846.jpg
    IMG_20220619_112846.jpg
    275.4 KB · Views: 1

Happy Hopping

Supreme [H]ardness
Iors, what about the pre-amp and the power amplifer to run that tower speakers? I don't see it on the photo

lors

Weaksauce
Iors, what about the pre-amp and the power amplifer to run that tower speakers? I don't see it on the photo

I'm using a Yamaha RX-V375 AVR. That's all nothing special and pretty low budget. The whole 5.1 system cost me less than 1500$.

Last edited:

l337*g0at

Gawd
Just upgraded to a 9900KF from an 9600k, and got a Oculus Quest2, and new Aorus 43" 4k 144hz big screen paired with my 34" Curved UW in portrait mode. I do some development on that monitor, keep it for discord, slack, and also system monitoring.

IMG-4802.jpg

On the other side of this long desk, is a 5k LG 27" and a 5k 27" iMAC for strictly work purposes.

Zepher

[H]ipster Replacement
What speakers are those and what's driving them?
Sub? Kind?
They are Alesis M1 Active MK2 and they are self powered. I got them used about 20 years ago.
I also have an M-Audio BX 10" Subwoofer under the desk.
here is an older picture showing the sub,
IMG_1650.JPG
Oh, a little story about the sub. I bought it used from Sweetwater or some other online music store retailer for $200.
I had it for about a week and I was showing my friend that it has a foot pedal so that you can bypass the sub and send full range to the speakers.
Well, I plugged in the foot pedal and when I activated the bypass one of the speaker channels turned off. Turns out the sub was faulty.

Called up M-Audio since it still had warranty and they said I can send it in for repair, and I asked if they were covering shipping since it was a large heavy box and they said yes.
I sent it to their repair facility and waited. About a month later I called M-Audio about it and they gave me the number to the repair facility.
I called up the repair facility and asked for the status of my sub and they said that they are waiting on the schematics from M-Audio.
I called M-Audio back and told them what the repair facility said and they decided to just send me a brand new sub.
A couple of days later a brand new BX Sub arrives and has been working perfectly since.

Last edited:

Mad Maxx

Supreme [H]ardness
They are Alesis M1 Active MK2 and they are self powered. I got them used about 20 years ago.
I also have an M-Audio BX 10" Subwoofer under the desk.
here is an older picture showing the sub,
View attachment 493707
Oh, a little story about the sub. I bought it used from Sweetwater or some other online music store retailer for $200.
I had it for about a week and I was showing my friend that it has a foot pedal so that you can bypass the sub and send full range to the speakers.
Well, I plugged in the foot pedal and when I activated the bypass one of the speaker channels turned off. Turns out the sub was faulty.

Called up M-Audio since it still had warranty and they said I can send it in for repair, and I asked if they were covering shipping since it was a large heavy box and they said yes.
I sent it to their repair facility and waited. About a month later I called M-Audio about it and they gave me the number to the repair facility.
I called up the repair facility and asked for the status of my sub and they said that they are waiting on the schematics from M-Audio.
I called M-Audio back and told them what the repair facility said and they decided to just send me a brand new sub.
A couple of days later a brand new BX Sub arrives and has been working perfectly since.
Persistence pays off! Well done and congrats!! 👍💪👊

Mad Maxx

Supreme [H]ardness
View attachment 494062

I'm thinking about going back to 16:9 aspect ratio with the new LG C2. As much as I enjoy 38 inch ultrawide, I think I miss the extra vertical space.
I've used 43" 4K TVs for years. I value the vertical real estate too much to go back to an ultra wide like yours. Still deciding on the LG C2 42". Almost pulled the trigger about 2 months ago, but bailed at the last minute.

Last edited:
Reactions: cvinh
like this

ssj3rd

Limp Gawd
C1B5ED56-32E8-4936-B3F6-66CA469941C4.jpeg

Still don’t know what to do with the Center (the current position is due to the old monitor setup). My desk is height adjustable and would collide with the Center.

Maybe behind the screen? 🤔

Fritzz

[H]ard|Gawd
Still don’t know what to do with the Center (the current position is due to the old monitor setup). My desk is height adjustable and would collide with the Center.

Maybe behind the screen? 🤔

Nice and clean, I like it. Maybe fashion some sort of post to mount to the desk and have it right above the monitor, or bump up the monitor a little and put it underneath?