Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

pauld5999

Weaksauce
img3397x.jpg

synergyo1

2[H]4U

Click on the pictures for their Flickr page + notes (ID of hardware). Was going to have the computer in the second "office" room, but found out I like to have the TV and computer in the same room. Go figure.

And.. since it is in the same room... my HT set up. Think I posted this in a console thread. Again, you can click on the images and see the Flickr page with hardware notes.

looks good man, looks nice and clean, i like it. Good work bro

Thanks for the compliment, I greatly appreciate it... a lot of time and money went into this, only thing I need to correct you on is the "bro" and "man" part. The fact you think I'm a guy is a huge compliment in itself but I actually just a very nerdy girl. :p.

mista ting

Gawd

Click on the pictures for their Flickr page + notes (ID of hardware). Was going to have the computer in the second "office" room, but found out I like to have the TV and computer in the same room. Go figure.

And.. since it is in the same room... my HT set up. Think I posted this in a console thread. Again, you can click on the images and see the Flickr page with hardware notes.

the floor standing side channels should be moved to the rear and the book shelf rear's should be moved to the side channel....more information is sent to the rear channel vs. the side channels

wra18th

Supreme [H]ardness
Thanks for the compliment, I greatly appreciate it... a lot of time and money went into this, only thing I need to correct you on is the "bro" and "man" part. The fact you think I'm a guy is a huge compliment in itself but I actually just a very nerdy girl. :p.

I just love nerdy girls! Nerdy girls RULE!!!!! Nerdy girlz with mad skillz rule more!!!:D:D:D

pauld5999

Weaksauce
my thoughts would be to have you get a new desk. Hell you could buy a folding table that will look better AND give you more room for all your components and parts..just my 2 cents.

haha, yeah a new desk is on the list, the setup works at least! was a bit messy when i took the pic and a few things have changed a little since, I need to take an updated one

lol, looks like someone ransacked that place looking for something lol....

thanks for the motivation to clean up :)

WiL11o6

Limp Gawd
@ Shaybob1711

lol, when I was looking at that setup, I was wondering what man would know the name of their whole setup of furniture, unless it's bought at Ikea. I guess that explains it.

haha, yeah a new desk is on the list, the setup works at least! was a bit messy when i took the pic and a few things have changed a little since, I need to take an updated one

thanks for the motivation to clean up :)

LOL, I know...you let
taz.gif
him loose in there didn't you....
roflmao.gif

thelead

2[H]4U
Just found it on the ikea site... I swear it wasn't there yesterday when I was looking for it :eek:

synergyo1

2[H]4U
Yep, the chair is from IKEA. They have a nice black leather one, but decided to go for the retro orange/reddish one for contrast.

shurcooL

[H]ard|Gawd
How the hell do you see anything on your screen? Text must be the size of a grain of sand...
What are you talking about, the PPI of a 30" monitor is about the same as a 24" 1920x1200 one. Unless you sit further away, the text will be the same size.

artika23

Weaksauce
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

bdr529 does it get real hot up there? Doesn't look like there is any air flow.

bdr529

Limp Gawd
It can if there is not too much wind outside, but there usually is some cross breeze. To the left of the camera is my bedroom which has a few windows, behind my desk looks down over the living room which has a couple hanging fans and some windows that open on the first floor. I keep one of those tower fans where the camera is if it starts to get stuffy though.

Last edited:

Pkirk618

Supreme [H]ardness
Some games....
BC2
img1006hh.jpg

BC2
img1009e.jpg

Burnout Paradise
img1017z.jpg

Burnout Paradise
img1025o.jpg

Some lighting (ambx control panel adjusting color)
Red
img0989zh.jpg

Purple
purpleyy.jpg

Yellow
yellowv.jpg

Blue
bluemv.jpg

Green
greeni.jpg

Orange/BC2
img1006hh.jpg

Pkirk618

Supreme [H]ardness
so far I've been able to get it working with movies and manually color setups to including animation.

Gaming is touch and go, some games support it and some don't. Any errors I've seen are software related telling me it's not compatible.

Have you been unable to get it working, even partially?

cc2096

[H]ard|Gawd
Yea I had two kits that I tried to get working and was not successful. I wound up selling them cause i couldn't stand looking at the damn things, lol.

Pkirk618

Supreme [H]ardness
I like them for the color ambiance. Changing colors on the fly and the occasional movie looks pretty good. But they are ugly IMO. Hiding them in the back is the best solution if u ask me.