Show your FIRE STRIKE ULTRA scores

Should this benchmark competition include Multi Core Processors more than 4 physical cores?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think theses scores Might mean something if 90% "of the high scores" weren't doing suicide runs.

On air, perhaps you might have a point in that heat would eventually catch-up and throttle a system pushed hard, but I'm fully watercooled (both GPUs and CPU) and I am 100% stable. My CPU overclock is actually pretty mild (4.5Ghz) for being on water and my GPU cores easily handle 1493Mhz. (They only start getting erratic at 1500+, hence I don't run them there.) Hell, my GPUs idle at 20C and only reach around 34C running Fire Strike.

It really helps having 14 fans in a push/pull config extracting radiator heat:
EfSSyJy.jpg

Nothing suicidal here. Just a lot invested in proper cooling to be [H]. :D

I just delid and lapped my processor and added gelid extreme ,

I can now bench at 4.9ghz 49x multi , didnt do nothing for my overall score but my physic score went up alot from 4.7-4.8 runs . I ran realbench benchmark and finished the benchmark so i am pretty confident its stable.
Windows feels alot snappier
Dont see a reason to upgrade to skylake unless i want more ipc for emulators , not really worth my time anyway for a 5 fps more.

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/7542957

Last edited:
On air, perhaps you might have a point in that heat would eventually catch-up and throttle a system pushed hard, but I'm fully watercooled (both GPUs and CPU) and I am 100% stable. My CPU overclock is actually pretty mild (4.5Ghz) for being on water and my GPU cores easily handle 1493Mhz. (They only start getting erratic at 1500+, hence I don't run them there.) Hell, my GPUs idle at 20C and only reach around 34C running Fire Strike.

That rad must get alot of hot juice from all those components.. My kraken rad looks to be about as big as yours stays nice and cool with my couger fans, I have two intake 120mm cougar fans cooling my 8 hard drives, and 1 SSD and 2 exhaust cougar fans on my rad and 1 intake and one couger fan exhausting the back , they are 120mm very silent, and cost about 15 bucks a fan\

holy crap i just looked at the top of your case lol , that thing must be loud

It really helps having 14 fans in a push/pull config extracting radiator heat:
EfSSyJy.jpg

Looks kinda like mm setup except I have everything inside because my case is gigantic (Enthoo Primo)

I actually swapped out the Alphacool XT45 240 for an EK XE 240, but too lazy/haven't had time to take updated pics.

holy crap i just looked at the top of your case lol , that thing must be loud

My back radiator fans are on a manual controller - I have them spun down and typically keep them hovering right around 1200rpm. The top radiator fans are all shrouded (both under and over), so they are actually pretty quiet. Also helps that they are Nidec Servo Gentle Typhoon 1850's which are very easy on the ears and move a F*ck-ton of air. I can highly recommend them as radiator fans due to their high static pressure, low noise, and great build quality... but they run about $22 a pop though.

Yep those GT AP-15 fans are THE shit. I can run them at 100% and still not get irritated by the modest amount of noise it makes.

In contrast those Corsair SP120/140 fans, ugh I can't have them spinning more than around 1000 rpm before the noise gets overwhelming.

i cant believe the chip i got is stable at 4.9ghz 4790k , lapped/delid and reapplied gelid extreme its a beast at 1.325 v
just using a kraken x61 , no fancy water cooling setup. Just dont think its worth my time to upgrade now to skylake

I scored 4940 in Fire Strike Ultra

System in signature. Titan X is overclocked to 1227 MHz base/1467 MHz Boost on the core and 8002 MHz on the memory. For some reason the clocks are not being recorded correctly by 3DMark. CPU is stock since it's a non-K processor, but locked to turbo 3.9 GHz.

Last edited:
ZOTAC GTX 980 Ti AMP! Extreme @ Factory OC
5820K @ 4.5
DDR4-2750

upload_2016-2-26_23-51-29.png

980 Ti OC 1520/8000

upload_2016-2-27_1-54-0.png

Last edited:
Alrighty, those of you with SLI'ed Titan X's, fire up your OC's and let's see some scores... I want to see someone break 10K here!

You have to admit, when UnrealCpu decides to take a vacation, he DOES NOT mess around. :)

So, any of you with crazy over-the-top triple or quad SLI rigs care to weigh in?

I eeked a couple hundred more points with some overclocking a bit more on my 5820k. really need to poke at my video card more. I'd like to at least crack 5k

edit: after a little bump to my OC I scored 8 259 in Fire Strike Ultra

Im gunning for fourth place! a little more tweaking...

Nice, you are getting close!

Tip: Be sure to turn off all of Windows 10's background tile app crap. I.E. From the Windows icon in your panel -> Settings -> Privacy -> Background apps. And then select and turn off all the "Let apps run in the background" selections. They all simply suck up process resources/CPU and slow down benchmarks/apps.

Is there a different bios or driver version I could use to improve my score here?

Is there a different bios or driver version I could use to improve my score here?

Yes, but it gets a bit dicey on a card that doesn't support multiple BIOS configs via a switch - so if your BIOS install goes south in any way, then you have no backup and are pretty much screwed.

Here's one source for a custom BIOS for the reference 980Ti: [Official] Nvidia GTX 980 Ti Owners Club

Definitely READ all the instructions and triple check that you are using the correct BIOS file for your particular card and the correct flash software....

Also keep in mind that your card WILL run quite a bit hotter on a custom BIOS since power and voltage limits are set much higher and the card will be tweaked much more aggressively with performance in mind over any regard for cooling. I.E. Air cooling or even a hybrid cooler may not be able keep up.
Proceed at your own risk! ;)

Bringing back a dead thread because I wanted to show off my 64GB of RAM.

Got 8785 by going +200 on the cards (core, no change to memory). Not sure if it will be stable in long term gaming sessions where the inside of the case really heats up:
NVIDIA GTX TITAN X video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-5960X,ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. RAMPAGE V EXTREME

64GB of goodness

Thread isn't dead, just taking a nap. :D

64gb of RAM!?... uh... massive video editing? Or do you just like having 200 apps open at the same time? :)

Sounds like you may want to upgrade your radiator and/or fans if your case is heating up... Since it looks like your cards and CPU are waterblocked, you really shouldn't be having any issues with heat in your case. Perhaps reexamine your case fans and airflow?

Oh, and don't forget to update your sig as to RAM as well!

Last edited:
Back