Show that desktop NOW ! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
rlee said:
what exactly did u use for your icons?

crystal gui ? crystal mx? crystal pro? i tried all of them, none of the icons are the same as yours. did your replace some icons manually or something?

I simply used google and searched cystal mx, after browsing forums I saw a link to download a package, I ran the setup and it did all the shit for me.

x-naga said:
I simply used google and searched cystal mx, after browsing forums I saw a link to download a package, I ran the setup and it did all the shit for me.

got a link? i d/led alot of diff cyrstal things!!!

x-naga said:

i searched already... did u use iconpacker and d/led the crystalmx icon packer theme? or did u d/l the crystal gui module replacer? or did u d/l the 596 icon set?? what was the exact name of the file you d/led? thanks

desktopss.jpg

and the sig I've been using on other forums is ...

MS-Eagle-2.jpg

Translation: One World, One Web, One Program

thats hilarious NightWolfe, mind if i copy it?

that quote is from an actual MS add, which seems frighteningly similar to Adolf Hitler's "Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Fuehrer"

rlee said:
i searched already... did u use iconpacker and d/led the crystalmx icon packer theme? or did u d/l the crystal gui module replacer? or did u d/l the 596 icon set?? what was the exact name of the file you d/led? thanks

Here is a set that is almost exactly like it. It comes with 2 icon sets but I forget which one it is just try them both

EDIT

Just found another set that look the same here

Velda said:
thats hilarious NightWolfe, mind if i copy it?

that quote is from an actual MS add, which seems frighteningly similar to Adolf Hitler's "Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Fuehrer"

Np man .. as long as it's for personal use .. don't pass it off as yours .. yadda yadda yadda ..

Glad ya got the reference too :)

Here is an image of Blackbox for Windows on my system. I'm just learning about shell replacements and am enjoying the lower memory needs of this one. I have the toolbar hidden at the top of the screen and a calendar with a few icons hidden on the right side of the screen. The clock I think is a nice alternative with just a touch of red to the screen.

ScreenShot001.jpg

/me <3 my desktop image

I've since faded the utility in the upper left corner to make it more uniform with the background image in terms of hue and saturation. Less of an eyesore that way.

desktop-2004-06-08.jpg

Well, it wasn't originally going to be my main box, but it has turned into that. :) Sadly, it's got a major bottleneck that I can't take care of for the gaming I'd like to do, but otherwise, it works perfectly. And I love the Linux factor. I can get my command line fix in very nicely, and do quite a bit with it. The GUI, well, I'm easy to please, so KDE works for me. Never was a big fan of Gnome for some reason. But, all in all, I love running Linux now.

Quick specs:

AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Barton
DFI AD77 Infinity mobo (not specatular, but it gets the job done)
512 MB Corsair PC3200 (don't remember the exact specs, but I could dig them up)
80 GB WD HD
GeForce2 MX 400 64MB vid card (the bottleneck)

Currently it's in a temporary case. I'm going to swap it to my Lian-Li case, and move the system that's in my Lian-Li case to a rackmount case I'm waiting for a buddy of mine to deliver.

For something that wasn't originally meant to turn into my primary desktop, it's working out nicely. :)

Here's my desktop, some of the icons have animations like the world spinning, others light up when clicked

desktop7.jpg

I actually made this wallpaper so im proud of it :) sorry i run 1600x1200 deal with it :p
desktop.jpg

xob.jpg

Desk Info:
shell: xoblite bb2 (closed beta)
plugins: multiamp(controls winamp/foobar)
bbftp(drag and drop to preset ftp directorys)
bbmail(pop and imap mail checker)
bbpager(virtual desktop manage)
style: arrival by auto (me)

SiDiuS said:
Here's my desktop, some of the icons have animations like the world spinning, others light up when clicked

desktop7.jpg

If u dont mind me asking... how did u do that!?!? i want something like that it would be awesome if you can tell me :)

Looks great auto, what kinda RAM is that using?

Originally posted by ExtremeFragFest
If u dont mind me asking... how did u do that!?!? i want something like that it would be awesome if you can tell me

It's Style XP and YzDock.

Just like this:
desk_090604.jpg

I downloaded the YzDoc thing but i cant seem to configure it to how you have yours setup in

desktop7.jpg

Can you help me get those icons and mine setup? thanks

Rifkin, Where did you get that background of the "night shot of the world"? I've been looking for something like that. The closest I've come is one from digitlblasphemy.com. Linkage?
Thanks, Drewzer

desktop_20june_2004.jpg

My newest PC desktop!

I'm using StyleXP for teh winstyle called hitnrun and an IconPackager-set called the_last_order_candy.

ibook_desktop_29apr04.png

My newest iBook desktop!

Moparx said:

Hey what is the name of the app that you used to display the system stats and the weather thing on your desktop. I like muchly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back