Show that desktop NOW ! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
/me:
desktopshot2.jpg

my (former) gentoo install, fluxbox, logs, chat, nmap, gkrellm and some apps open
now im not even running x anymore :D

hey poundofflower, what is the name of that stat monitoring module you have running?? i want it. I just installed fluxbox for freebsd and i really like it. I advise others to do the same. lol thanks

Originally posted by Z3Px
hey poundofflower, what is the name of that stat monitoring module you have running?? i want it. I just installed fluxbox for freebsd and i really like it. I advise others to do the same. lol thanks

its called gkrellm. i am sure there is a bsd port for it as it is quite popular.
http://www.gkrellm.net/

my new one

visual style - HmmXP
wall - forest modded by me
winamp - HmmXP Green by me
icons - Bluecurve full
samurize, yz dock, etc.

isley_april_desktop_large.jpg

:) You bet. You have to register with this site: endeffect. Go to the galleries once you do that and hit page 4. Some other nice ones in there too, but I liked that one the best.

how do you make your icons not have writing under them? i did it once, but dont remember how

Originally posted by compslckr
how do you make your icons not have writing under them? i did it once, but dont remember how
Go to rename them and hit ALT+255. You will have to rename each with different # of ALT+255's or windows will get confused as to what it is opening and open one program you click on another, ex. rename IE to ALT+255+255 and My Computer to ALT+255+255+255, NOT ALT+255+255. To rename the recycle bin you will have to create a shortcut to it on your desktop then remove the original one with something like TweakUI.

Originally posted by FiZ
Go to rename them and hit ALT+255. You will have to rename each with different # of ALT+255's or windows will get confused as to what it is opening and open one program you click on another, ex. rename IE to ALT+255+255 and My Computer to ALT+255+255+255, NOT ALT+255+255. To rename the recycle bin you will have to create a shortcut to it on your desktop then remove the original one with something like TweakUI.

thanks, as for the recycle bin you can always right click it and go to properties and change the name there ;)

thanks for the info about alt+255+255 etc, it worked like a charm

Originally posted by compslckr
thanks, as for the recycle bin you can always right click it and go to properties and change the name there ;)
Schweet :D .

well you "can't" get yzdock anymore really....because the maker had a cease and desist order put against him from apple....but you can get objectdock or mobydock and try those....

the site for object dock is www.stardock.com i cant seem to get to it, but that is the site.

object dock is the program that i am using in the above screen shot.

weLL, here is my screenie..
Wall : by me
style xp : simple plan black by heylove
winamp5 :simple plan black by heylove
samurize : script found on samurize.com merged and edited by me

SS.gif

By using your favorite graphics editing program. This particular wallpaper was made with 3D Studio Max. The texture was created in Photoshop.

Guys with style xp, does it lock the themes or something after the 30 days are up? If so, is there a alternative way to get themes free?

instead of stylexp....you can use one of many auto-patcher's that will patch your uxtheme.dll and allow you to use them with no 3-rd party software...i recommend neowin's auto-patcher...

The link on neowin's site appears to be down, anyone else have another link?

I actually bought theme xp. I thought it was nice, so I thought I'd give them their moneys worth. - g0at

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back