Show that desktop NOW ! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
does anyone happen to have a link to a tutorial that shows you how to change the photoshop cs boot screen?

thankz
-ZMJ

Originally posted by s0nicpulse
desktop.jpg

Btw, its a typo, its 1280 x 1024

What is that you used to change the start menu? Name of the style.

Originally posted by tekcajder
hit *print screen* and then paste in a graphic program.

w/ a dual, all its doing is creating a long desktop, split in the middle.

thanks but the prt srn work on the duallies as well

Originally posted by The Other
thanks but the prt srn work on the duallies as well

thats what i said, i was just noting that its not 2 seperate monitors ... its just a long desktop, so hitting print screen captures it completely.

I just don't see why so many of you get so excited about how your background looks... Not that I'm bashing you, it's just the fact that I don't understand it.

Of course, this is coming from a person who ridicules every wallpaper he sees because he knows exactly how to do it in PS (and most of them use cheap PS tricks to boot).

But I just don't get this whole "desktop image" thing. I've created dozens of great wallpapers, hundreds of icons, and still I ditch them for the standard blue screen every time because I simply think it's a GIANT waste of my time.

But to each their own. Enjoy yourself if you like to compare desktops but I will never understand it.

hehe, that was an odd post.

I would laugh at the person who has his case fully modded, LCD screen, water cooled, neon lights......... and has the default windows xp desktop, set at the default resolution.

Its just another form of custimization. To "cator" it to the way you like it, feel comfertable with, and looks cool.

I myself love having a customized desktop.

I guess your just 180º. Hehe, sounds like my dad.

I guess I just burned out on the whole desktop manipulation thing.

I did it for a long time and spent many hours in PS and AI making icons and wallpaper but it got really, really boring.

Now I just use a plain blue screen on both my Mac and my PC and I'm happier with it. No more getting burned out over a background and spending 6 hours making a new one anymore.

But hey, since I'm a graphic designer and spend 40 hours a week doing this crap, the fact that I get burned out isn't a surprise.

i tried installing that superkaramaba, but when ever i try to run it i see the little bomb working icon thingy for like 20 seconds, then it disappears, and nothing else happens.

Originally posted by s0nicpulse
http://s87117765.onlinehome.us/pictures/desktop.jpg

Btw, its a typo, its 1280 x 1024

Nice backround! Can you post a link to it?;)

Rocketpig is wrong. His background, last time I saw it, was of one of our friends passed out drunk and done up in makeup. No PS effects necessary . . . they used real makeup on the guy and took a picture of him.

Click for full

Display 1 running at a sweet 1920x1200

edit:// for those of you who know *nix (or for those who dont) look at my terminal in display 1, and look for the threads FahCore_78 and FahCore_78 (#560, #561)
omgwtfbbq

Display 2 running at a crappy 1024x1024

System 1: Dual 2Ghz G5, Radeon 9600 Pro, 160GB sata
System 2: 2.66Ghz GF 4 448GO, 60GB
System 3:2Ghz, TNT2 (holy ), 1TB raid 0
System 4:1.69Ghz , GF 440 GO, 60GB
System 5:800Mhz, RAGE M7, 27GB
System 6:700Mhz, noname 32mb, 12GB
System 7:500Mhz, Rage 3D, 8GB
System 8: Same as 7

wow, have enought systems :)

nice over 100% xcpu useage hehe

Originally posted by compslckr
System 1: Dual 2Ghz G5, Radeon 9600 Pro, 160GB sata
System 2: 2.66Ghz GF 4 448GO, 60GB
System 3:2Ghz, TNT2 (holy ), 1TB raid 0
System 4:1.69Ghz , GF 440 GO, 60GB
System 5:800Mhz, RAGE M7, 27GB
System 6:700Mhz, noname 32mb, 12GB
System 7:500Mhz, Rage 3D, 8GB
System 8: Same as 7

wow, have enought systems :)

nice over 100% xcpu useage hehe
well its dual procs so 200% is normal, but its working at like 250% :eek:

hmmm
I am an avid *BSD user...and i love the *box window managers...and when I saw that I could run blackbox on windows after looking in this thread..I spent most of tonight doing my windows box up to run many of the same BSD apps (mozilla firebird, thunderbird, gaim, gkrellm, etc...) and I must say I really like it!
doze_bb.jpg

Originally posted by draconius
hmmm
I am an avid *BSD user...and i love the *box window managers...and when I saw that I could run blackbox on windows after
looking in this thread..I spent most of tonight
doing my windows box up to run many of the same BSD
apps (mozilla firebird, thunderbird, gaim, gkrellm, etc...)
and I must say I really like it!

can i get a link to that style file and background?

Originally posted by draconius
hmmm
I am an avid *BSD user...and i love the *box window managers...and when I saw that I could run blackbox on windows after looking in this thread..I spent most of tonight doing my windows box up to run many of the same BSD apps (mozilla firebird, thunderbird, gaim, gkrellm, etc...) and I must say I really like it!

and what proggy is that on the left, to display your stats? I was thinking Samurize, but I'm not sure...

Nice desktop, looks very clean.

How's that knnopix working out for you?

Does the "CD based" OS install anything big onto the hard drive? or is it really just "cd based"? (i might want to try installing linux on a free P1 100mhz comp i will be getting soon.)

~Thanks

Originally posted by towert7
Nice desktop, looks very clean.

How's that knnopix working out for you?

Does the "CD based" OS install anything big onto the hard drive? or is it really just "cd based"? (i might want to try installing linux on a free P1 100mhz comp i will be getting soon.)

~Thanks

It is entirly CD based, you dont even need a harddrive installed in your PC to use it, unless you want to do like i did, and install it to the harddrive so you don't even need the CD. If you opt to do that it will work like any other linux distro where you can just turn on teh computer and it will boot into linux.

So far i really like knoppix, I have it installed on my laptop along with windows XP for games, and it is great. I am a total linux n00b, so if i can manage the install i think just about any one can.

once you boot from the CD if you like it and have a harddrive installed you can hit ctrl alt F1 to open the root console and type knx-hdinstall and it will install its self to the harddrive, i think it takes about 1 gb

Originally posted by ravendark
can i get a link to that style file and background?
http://images.pyrospheric.net/wallpapers/ddr0075_vertical_theory
I keep all of my other wallpapers in that gallery as well :)
I will put up a link to the style shortly
Originally posted by rayman2k2
and what proggy is that on the left, to display your stats? I was thinking Samurize, but I'm not sure...[/B]
its actually the same app i run on my bsd boxes, Gkrellm

For not ever using shell replacements on windoze before, I tottally am loving this:D

desktop_02072004.jpg

Desktop 1 is on a 19"CRT and desktop 2 is on a 15" LCD.

edit: picture removed caus it ate up 300 megs of bandwidth on just this site alone, so now i cant use my personal webspace til the end of the month :(

Originally posted by skinlab
http://members.rogers.com/skinlab/kyla.jpg[img]

kyla cole, same lady on my login screen. no, its not an obession. [/B][/QUOTE] damn skinlab, hook us up with that background and/or source. :p

i noticed quite a few of you have little applets that show you the weather, but they are all for linux. does anyone know of on that runs on windows?

thanks for the info. i found something i like though. samurize has a good weather script on their web site so i grabbed that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back