Show off your OSX desktop

any modern webcam should be fine.

If you can get a hold of one of the old firewire webcams they're nice.

Also i just saw MS launched a 1080p Webcam.. maybe overkill but should produce a nice image.

Last edited:
Wow, I had no idea that Yahoo Widgets existed. That's pretty slick. Thanks!

Yeah np man. I didn't know about them either until I was looking for more customizable widgets then mac dashboard has to offer. Enjoy man!

here is mine
2v8oh90.jpg

I'd love your wallpaper and an explanation of what you've got running in the top-left, probably a geektool script? If so, care to share? Else, what is that?

screenshot20101026at704.png

Been a while since I posted a desktop screenshot, so let’s fix that. And just to head off any questions…

Theme: SnowTunes.
Wall: Credit unknown, found it linked on Twitter. Go Heat.
“i” icon: gfxCardStatus.
Time and temperature: iStat Menus.

What program are people using for their custom icons? I desperately need to change the iTunes and Chrome icons. They are an eyesore.

What program are people using for their custom icons? I desperately need to change the iTunes and Chrome icons. They are an eyesore.

I know a common program people use is Candybar
http://www.panic.com/candybar/

If you want to be cheap like me, use LiteIcon. It's quick, easy, & best of all free. For OSX specific icons you may need to manually do it with changing permissions. I did most of my Icons manually though, before finding LiteIcon / Candybar. Good Luck

Back