Show off your OSX desktop

picture1ky7.png

nice pic of the PM5D

Here is my PMG5, the shot is resized from 1680x1050. I have a macbook too but it looks almost the same.

picture1smko3.png

Nothing too special me thinks

Is your Adium chat window transparent, or do you just have the same background image as your desktop? If so, how do you make chat windows have a transparent background?

Yeah the window is transparent. I'm using the Ethereal style for my windows.

browse around the AdiumXtras page, theres some nice stuff!

Hey d3c1us, whats the name of the program in the bottom left which shows the song info (Album, track etc)? I've seen a couple others with similar programs but I've never known the names of those either.

Yeah the window is transparent. I'm using the Ethereal style for my windows.

browse around the AdiumXtras page, theres some nice stuff!

Cool. I actually make my own Adium styles, but I didn't realize that you could make the background transparent and actually have it work (I tried it a long time ago and it looked awful). I mainly wanted the skin to use as a code reference, but I like it so much that I've switched to it. Thanks a lot!

For common programs it's available online, but for some programs you just have to make them yourself. Here is the link for the set of icons, in case you want it. And if you needed a program to help you to replace the icons, you could use CandyBar.

Here is mine. Nothing fancy! But I did find some cool Wallpapers in this thread, so I contributed!

You can get the Wallpaper @ af.mil/photos

Oh Yea forgot to add! The two little Vertical Dots? Its called MenuMeters, and solves my biggest issue with the MacBooks. The lack of a HDD Activity light. Enjoy!

Wow that looks really cool, where is that? Can you host that wallpaper by chance?

Every time I come to this thread I keep wishing I had a Mac... <sigh>

Back