Show off your OSX desktop

Shot at 2007-07-03

Shot at 2007-07-03
Triple Booting OSX, Leopard, and AppleTV on a 2GHz Macbook

Seeing as how this is being revived:
desk7.jpg

I like it pretty simple

160GB (20GB for Leopard and 140GB for OSX) AppleTV is booting from an external firewire.

ah; apple tv on an external explains it. I've got Leopard in a 32GB partition myself, used Boot Camp to set that up.

Hahaha, I got from interfacelift.com
You can grab it from here

thank you very much!

such an awesome show <3

Also; that's a very nice theme, where's it from; or is it Leopard Beta?

*snip*
just got my lappy, so its a bit boring.

Looks like you're a little behind on your updates :p

Dennie said:
No problem.
Nah, it's not Leopard Beta. I'm using Crystal Clear v. 1.2 theme.

And I probably should have known that. I want that menubar without theming all my windows... it's sad. I like the Leopard-like menu-bar; but I dislike how the windows are in that theme, I like UNO a lot and stick to that for doing all my window theming.

Picture1.jpg

Yap, it's 4:23AM. Apparently I have problem with sleeping "early".

Might I bother you for a link to the desktop background?

Also, I just bought a macbook pro, and am a first time Mac user as of the 29th (bought it the day of the jesus phone release).

Also, I don't have a problem getting leopard, but is it a pain to setup/install, or should it be pretty easy for an Apple/macbook pro newb to figure out? Also, how stable is it?

<3

fake edit: I should mention I'm asking this before looking through many posts here, so sorry if this horse has been beaten to death already!

Also, I just bought a macbook pro, and am a first time Mac user as of the 29th (bought it the day of the jesus phone release).

Also, I don't have a problem getting leopard, but is it a pain to setup/install, or should it be pretty easy for an Apple/macbook pro newb to figure out? Also, how stable is it?

<3

fake edit: I should mention I'm asking this before looking through many posts here, so sorry if this horse has been beaten to death already!

leopard won't be released until the fall....its illegal to obtain it until then unless apple sends it to you.
we'll know how stable it is then, but I'm sure it will be rock solid and very easy to install.
Installing mac os isn't the torturous process that installing windows is.

Thats alright, it still feels top of the line to me. :) Its blazing fast and runs 10.4 amazingly well. The only time I had trouble with it was when I was on 512mb, but once I switched my Mac and PCs RAM around (because my Mac gets more use nowadays) it runs like a monster.

Love it feverfive...

BTW i have a question when i buy my macbook pro will i be able to install Adobe CS3 Photoshop and Illustrator on it? i have the windows cds and just wondered if i could do that or if i would have to grab parallels...

Love it feverfive...

BTW i have a question when i buy my macbook pro will i be able to install Adobe CS3 Photoshop and Illustrator on it? i have the windows cds and just wondered if i could do that or if i would have to grab parallels...

You'll either have to get parallels or bootcamp to use windows apps. Or you have to get the Mac version of CS3.

<3

Here you go.

I just recently bought an older Powerbook G4 laptop off e-bay. It's hella handy, and it was alot cheaper than a brand new macbook pro :eek:

I just recently bought an older Powerbook G4 laptop off e-bay. It's hella handy, and it was alot cheaper than a brand new macbook pro :eek:

I hear that. This MBP fully maxed out is probably the most I spent on a computer total. However it is my only Machine now.. Since It can run windows now too both native and virtualized... im good to go for hopefully the next 3ish years.

Back