Show off your OSX desktop

liquidtrance123 said:
i'm still trying to decide if the E2C's are worth $100 at microcenter :(

i didnt pay nearly $500. but they are a great investment, the sound isolation is worth $1000 alone for me at work :D

try the E2c's out, if you need sound isolation. really is great, takes a little while to get used to canal phones tho. first time i had them in i felt like i was under water.

try the E2c's out, if you need sound isolation. really is great, takes a little while to get used to canal phones tho. first time i had them in i felt like i was under water.
I got Koss the Plugs along with the iPod for my birthday, but even without the foam stuff on it and just the black plastic tube, I couldn't get it to fit in my ear canal. I hate having defective ears. :(

Black Morty Rackham said:
I got Koss the Plugs along with the iPod for my birthday, but even without the foam stuff on it and just the black plastic tube, I couldn't get it to fit in my ear canal. I hate having defective ears. :(

yeah, it took some work for me. ive got the small rubber tip for my left ear, and the small foam tip for my right ear (my right ear has been through a lot). its getting easier to put them in now. theyre a huge pain when you want to listen to a song or two, but if you need to listen for an hour or so, theyre great.

Hey, does anyone know a website that has HIGH quality mac/osx wallpapers? Even lossless quality. I'm not using a mac, but I can't wait to get one, and I have my desktop (windows) all mac'd out. I've done lots of searches for wallpapers like that, but have found all garbage! Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I would post my desktop, but it's not really OS X. and I suppose it would be considered "off topic" posting! :)

Well in that case, here's my wannabe OS X themed windows desktop pic: :D

macshot.jpg

osxdesktop.gif

Had to resize it down from 1280x1024.. anyway, thats a picture of my volvo with a quick couple minutes of blurring.

Jozone said:
http://www.alienhax.us/uploads/osxdesktop.gif[/IMG]
Had to resize it down from 1280x1024.. anyway, thats a picture of my volvo with a quick couple minutes of blurring.
Nice brick, my brother just got a 262 Bertone and a Mustang V8 w/kit to drop in it. I'm jealous.

desktop.jpg

"CR: 12" 1.5 Ghz PowerBook G4, 768 MEM, 5400rpm HD, 9700 64MB, BT, AP, SD, SMS. OS X v. 10.3"

you have a 12" powerbook with a 9700 !?

Nothing special, i am constantly taking pics but i never leave any up on my desktop more than a week...
shot1.tiff

shot2.tiff

I know it looks a little crappy, thats because I didn't have time to finish editing the image last night.

Powerbook
1.67GHz
1024MB Ram
80Gig harddrive

Joose said:
sik!!! where did you get the icons?
Thanks! I am using the Yahoo! Widget Engine, formerly known as Konfabulator. You can put those icons, or "Widgets" on your desktop, or let them float over top of all other windows, or several layers in between. I used their Widget gallery to find these ones.

Thanks for the compliment! I try to keep a clean desktop and also keep it looking cool. I have to stare at it, or components of it, at least eight hours each day, so I try to go easy on my eyes.

I assume that the icons that you are referring to are the ones on the bottom-left? Those are Widgets, running under the Yahoo! Widget Engine, formerly known as Konfabulator. There are hundreds of different Widgets available, to do anything from showing a slideshow of your pictures, to system statistics like this, to having "stickies" for notes on your desktop. I am using CPU and memory meters from Martin Cannings. I try to stick to Widgets from the same author so that they all have the same appearance.

If you have any more questions, just let me know and I will do what I can to help. I am quite new to OS X, so I am still learning myself.

synergyo1 said:
Threadless!

Yeah, I had been looking for the image forever and finally found it... I like it better as a desktop than a shirt though :p

nice guys...i have a few questions, i'm an apple visual newb

where do you get all those themes? I saw some nice dark ones, i'd like to find some like that.
and how do i take the border off my dock?
what are those programs that display cpu usage and mem usage in the top menu?

theres only 2 out for intel as of this week uno and iridium you can get those from macthemeforums.net

if you have a g3 4 or 5 then youve got the shapeshifter option, which kicks much butt. you can get that from unsanity.com

ok here's what i've done

osxdesktop2.jpg

i still don't know how to get rid of that white border on my dock, but otherwise it's just right

edit: thanks!

Back