Show off your OSX desktop

deskengb2.jpg

I no longer have the link because I got it off deviantart a long time ago, I can try to upload it later when I get on the mac

I no longer have the link because I got it off deviantart a long time ago, I can try to upload it later when I get on the mac

That would be awesome, thanks in advance!

couldnt find the original on deviantart, but I know it was higher res since I cropped it ( it was a photo not a wallpaper) the file was called something like sun_1_scenariu_prost.jpg

Eavesdrop

Kind of fun to set your network to open in an apartment complex and see how many people you get connecting to it within a short amount of time ;)

Macbook 13"
OSX_Desktop_RT.jpg

Acer 19" 1440x900
OSX_Desktop_LT.jpg

Why does OS X separate your monitor screen shots into two files I don't know. :p

@ EGGO

Pretty sweet... What software on your dashboard are you using to scroll through comics?

Picture2-1.png

The math lab at my university offers computers with XP Pro SP2, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.3, and OS X. I figured that since I dual boot Vista and Archlinux, why not use an OS that I don't use in my dorm?

(It doesn't hurt that the iMac has a 24" monitor, too.)

Is it just me or were some posts lost, including mine? Man, the forum is unstable lately. Here's my desktop again.

picture1yw1.jpg

Yeah... Apparently they lost about 5 days worth of stuff. I imagine the [H] boys are pretty upset by it.

What is the program or configuration for you to see the Free/Used space on HDDs as shown on the many screenshots in this post?

What is the program or configuration for you to see the Free/Used space on HDDs as shown on the many screenshots in this post?

There's no program. Right-click or Command-click your desktop, hit Show View Options, tick Show Item Info. From there you merely adjust your font size and icon spacing as necessary to show off as much text as you want. My icons are set at 48x48, near-max spacing, and 14pt font, with Label Position set to Right.

There's no program. Right-click or Command-click your desktop, hit Show View Options, tick Show Item Info. From there you merely adjust your font size and icon spacing as necessary to show off as much text as you want. My icons are set at 48x48, near-max spacing, and 14pt font, with Label Position set to Right.

Thanks for the tip! I like it!

Back