Show off your Heatsink thread

Jodiuh said:
Drunk BF2142 FWT!!

I'm in love with the new king of GPU coolers. With the quiet Scythe E, it's much more pleasant than using that vantec card cooler. I've yet to check for contact and lap, but I should be down to 65C load soon. For air X1900 and silent...yeah. :D

I dotn knwo if i would call it the king? Maybe the king of lowend non sli setups... :)

I thnk he was refering to the gpu cooler. up until now there where no decent gpu coolers available for the x1900 series

I(illa Bee said:
I dont know if i would call it the king? Maybe the king of lowend non sli setups... :)

umm, x1900xt's are some of the hottest cards out there, how would it be the king of low end non-sli setups?? you could definitely run this in SLI without a doubt. :confused: :confused:

Not a very good picture of my sink. It is a Sythe Ninja. Kind of buried under the ducting. Cools a X2-4400 nicely.

DSC_2841web.jpg

_G_ said:
I thnk he was refering to the gpu cooler. up until now there where no decent gpu coolers available for the x1900 series
Yup, yup. ;)

The Lili with it's ducting and that crazy 830. :eek: :eek: 2006's a great year to be a case. :D

That looks pretty slick, just clean up the wiring a bit and it would look really tight.

I thought the Scythe Infinity was a task and a half to install on the P5B Deluxe? Also, why do you have your X1900 in the lower PCI-E slot?

_Korruption_ said:
I thought the Scythe Infinity was a task and a half to install on the P5B Deluxe? Also, why do you have your X1900 in the lower PCI-E slot?
sometimes the lower pci-e slot is faster. i know i get better sPI times on my dfi nf590 with the video card in the lower slot :confused:

(cf)Eclipse said:
sometimes the lower pci-e slot is faster. i know i get better sPI times on my dfi nf590 with the video card in the lower slot :confused:

Really? You get better 'non-graphic' related benchmarks with the GPU in the other slot? I have not heard that, but I have a asus a8n32-sli with a single 7900GTX so I might give it a try. I'm always looking for that extra +.1% increase! ;)

Stu55 said:
That looks pretty slick, just clean up the wiring a bit and it would look really tight.
thanks...yeah, I gotta do some cleaning of my wires and I'll be good. I'm waiting on some low noise case fans, and then I'll do it.

_Korruption_ said:
heck no. Scythe INF was a breeze to install....just press on 4 push knobs! :) Can't get any easier than that....no screws behind the mobo, nothing.

Yeah, when I took those pics I had the X1900XT on the bottom slot.....gotta READ the manual sometimes, eh?! :p That's why I was wondering why my 3Dmark05 scores were always in the 9700's....then I swapped it to the correct PCIe slot, and viola! x16 speed, and my scores jumped to 13K

all is well now.

CCUABIDExORxDIE said:
umm, x1900xt's are some of the hottest cards out there, how would it be the king of low end non-sli setups?? you could definitely run this in SLI without a doubt. :confused: :confused:

I dont see how that cooler is going to fit between even a 3 slot spaced SLI mobo... SO, i think the king of videocard coolers will cool, the king videocards setups.. ie, SLI and cross fire. Any cooler thats too big for SLI or crossfire, is just a good singal card cooler at best.

On the Asrock boards, it will accept DDR2 or DDR. SInce he has DDR, he has to run them in the slots shown. Not in alternating slots as you would for normal Dual Channel.

Correct me if I am wrong.

belmicah said:
On the Asrock boards, it will accept DDR2 or DDR. SInce he has DDR, he has to run them in the slots shown. Not in alternating slots as you would for normal Dual Channel.

You, sir, are correct.

I(illa Bee said:
I dont see how that cooler is going to fit between even a 3 slot spaced SLI mobo... SO, i think the king of videocard coolers will cool, the king videocards setups.. ie, SLI and cross fire. Any cooler thats too big for SLI or crossfire, is just a good singal card cooler at best.

hmmm... thermalright seems to say that its "SLI/Crossfire friendly for those serious gaming enthusiasts" looks like im sorta right?

iwin.jpg

ohhhh! and a photo!

and if you turn the bottom cooler upside down, itll fit in a single spaced SLI mobo. i pretty much guarantee it. thanks for wasting my time.

CCUABIDExORxDIE said:
hmmm... thermalright seems to say that its "SLI/Crossfire friendly for those serious gaming enthusiasts" looks like im sorta right?

iwin.jpg

ohhhh! and a photo!

and if you turn the bottom cooler upside down, itll fit in a single spaced SLI mobo. i pretty much guarantee it. thanks for wasting my time.
You can't use the sli connector in the picture shown. You would have to turn the bottom one upside down.

alik4041 said:
You can't use the sli connector in the picture shown. You would have to turn the bottom one upside down.

flexible SLI bridge?? and for crossfire, there is no bridge, just a dongle.

sliproofage.jpg

and it can easily fit that way :D

This is the older version Cooler Master Hyper 6 that is all copper. Weights like 2lbs. I have 2 Zalman Quiet fans on it and it runs super quiet on low speed and still cools quiet well.

hsfcoolmaster_01.jpg

hsfcoolmaster_02.jpg

hsfcoolmaster_03.jpg

CCUABIDExORxDIE said:
flexible SLI bridge?? and for crossfire, there is no bridge, just a dongle.

sliproofage.jpg

and it can easily fit that way :D

That is a really beefy looking setup :D

CCUABIDExORxDIE said:

ohhhh! and a photo!

wasteing your time? how is that? you didnt have to post... lighten-up.

anywho, I didnt know they go backwards like that.. cool.

New HR-01... not sure how much better it is than my old XP-90 and thermal controlled 92-38mm fan, but it is alot quiter.

*you can see the old XP90 in there somewhere
*also the SLI coolers, and dead silent!
*also a pic of the front 2 92x38mm thermaly controller fans

IMG_5129.JPG

IMG_5130.JPG

IMG_5131.JPG

IMG_5136.JPG

*I have the S clip but it wouldnt let me angle the HS theway i wanted only down not up...

PS: Wires? I just dont give a damm anymore... ;)

belmicah said:

Nope, it can take up to 4 stick of regular DDR on the main motherboard.

The doughterboard that lets you upgrade to AM2 has DDR2 RAM slots on it.

N H O said:
thermaltake has a bad reputation for poor power supplies in the past ;)
Their ToughPowers are actually very, very good PSUs. I wouldn't (as of right now at least) trust any of their other models.

_Korruption_ said:
Their ToughPowers are actually very, very good PSUs. I wouldn't (as of right now at least) trust any of their other models.

yep they are pretty solid. They do have one downside though, and that is they aren't that efficient.

silverphoenix said:
yep they are pretty solid. They do have one downside though, and that is they aren't that efficient.

lol witch is the main point right? Friends dont let friends buy thermaltake

I(illa Bee said:
I dont see how that cooler is going to fit between even a 3 slot spaced SLI mobo...
TTP got em on over @ OCF. He's xfire tho. And he's got an 830 w/ side cooling. Even in my setup, it eats up a lot of space. It's def the best single card cooler, but may pose some issues with dualies.

I still wonder why we can't get a heatsink that's uber long, flat, and exhausts out the rear... :(

N H O said:
thermaltake has a bad reputation for poor power supplies in the past ;)

nice pics, keep them comin guys :)
exactly! it HAD a reputation for poor power supplies....the last couple, specially these TT's are some of the best if not the best you can get, for the money and modularity:

http://www.jonnyguru.com/PSU/Toughpower750W/

if it wasn't for the "aestetics" score of 6, it would have romped....

SUMMARY:

In the past, Thermaltake has gotten a lot of grief. They had been known to sell power supplies that were "behind the times" in terms of the ATX standards, but dressed up in a lot of glorious bling giving the power supplies an appeal to the naive. Certainly the best way to shake that old stigma is to release a product that is a no holds barred kick butt power supply. The Toughpower 750W fits that bill with plenty of power, good efficiency, active power factor correction, and solid construction.

This PSU gets a well deserved "jonnyGURU Recommended"

recommended.gif

The Good....

* Very solid rails that barely moved
* SLI and Crossfire certified
* 140MM fan is fairly Quiet
* Very efficient
* Active Power Factor Correction
* Modular with nicely sleeved cables

The Bad....

* Actual combined rail capabilities are not documented well.

The Mediocre....

* Looks bland.

Terayon tj715x cable modem \ Linksys voip router spa2102-r \ Dlink di-524 router
cap021cs9.jpg

Blue orb using the case to smash it against the cable modem chip :p
cap025bi0.jpg

The linksys is only 6hours old!
cap023ct3.jpg

Dlink

cap024br4.jpg

Surpsingly this seems to hold them on pretty well. I even had trouble getting getting the test heatsink I used on the dlink to see how it would hold up.
cap026ty4.jpg

Im so bored :p

Back