Show off your Heatsink thread

_G_ said:

Just referencing the post before yours "this one makes the zakman look like a god..." and noting what could be concieved as a "Halo" on your cooler. Sorry for the obscure reference. ;)

xp901it0.jpg

xp902aw5.jpg

Thermalright XP-90
Arctic Silver 5
Delta EFB0912LE

OC_LeGeND said:
whats ur temps with that?
around 43c idle in bios on a 165 with no thermal paste(testing mobo)
Keep in mind that motherboard temps are as acurate as reading tea leaves. lol

Running without thermal paste is a great way to kill a CPU. I hope you're only running it for a few seconds at a time.

Zero82z said:
Running without thermal paste is a great way to kill a CPU. I hope you're only running it for a few seconds at a time.

with a naked core yes bit mine still has its IHS. moot point now since the mothership has taken off and something smaller is installed now :D

i need pics of mine...it's massive

i'm cooling my barton core XP 2500+ -clocked at 2380 with about 1.875v with a SI-97A with a 92-120mm fan adapter and a 130cfm delta going full bore. overclocked and under full 100% load in an enclosed room never gets above 43c with case temps around 30ish celcius - idle for the processor is like 26-28c lol...

What the, is that a 120mm fan on there? I'm quite interested in the HR-03... why didn't you install it so that the heatsink body is on the top side of the video card?

Man Thermalrights are some sexy beasts.

_Korruption_ said:
why didn't you install it so that the heatsink body is on the top side of the video card?

Maybe the CPU heatsink doesn't allow it, mine wouldn't.

Jodiuh said:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/jodiuh/Thermalright%20HR-03/IMG_1299.jpg

LOL, it looks like you built the GPU cooler from an erector set. :D

At least it's a little more unique looking, what are your temps with that?

Korruption:
It's a Scythe SFLEX E (49CFM, 22DB) and 120MM mounted diagonally. As ShadowdDragon mentioned, I couldn't mount the other way as it would interfere with the CPU/NB coolers and there wouldn't be enough room for a fan. Also, I wanted the RAM to have active cooling.

Blue Haze:
It looks kind of like a Decepticon!!

**********100% a duplicate of XS, sorry...I'm lazy. Here, have a smiley. :beer:*****************

Insert blade...saw.
IMG_1289.jpg

IMG_1287.jpg

So this pretty much explains the cooling differences.
IMG_1291.jpg

The bracket's screws do not stick up enough to get through the card. So I stuck a piece of paper in there to bring them to the top. Def helped to guide the card onto the 4 screws without painting the core with a bunch of paste.
IMG_1292.jpg

I stuck some "lifters" under the other 2 so as to give an accurate idea of the overall heights of these sinks.
IMG_1294.jpg

IMG_1295.jpg

Only one RAM chip had to be gimped!
IMG_1298.jpg

IMG_1299.jpg

And finally, here's a couple case shots.
new1.jpg

new2.jpg

Room temp: 24C
Game: 10 minutes of Battlefield 2142 Demo w/ 40+ players
Settings: 1680x1050, high detail, 2xAAA, HQAS
Clocks: 698/792 in CCC

HR-03Temps.jpg

The Vantec card cooler can be heard over the 5 Scythes. Adding a 6th Scythe's still a decent amount quieter than the Vantec and it cools a bit better. I didn't check for contact and wasn't 100% sure on install method. Also TIM had over a month to settle on the Accelero. The surface of the Thermalright had grooves and will be lapped and checked for contact tomorrow. Hopefully that'll bring my temps in closer to what the 2-3 of you have gotten so far.

About the install method. I stuck the rubber grommetts between the thumb nuts and backplate. How tight did you guys hug those on? Mine will still turn and I can see some threads on the other side of the card, but the sink wouldn't move. Wonder if I need to tighten more...

Other folks in the OCF thread are getting much better temps with smaller fans, so take my results with a grain until I can get under there again...hopefully tomorrow.

*curses 6am start time this week*

Nice rig you have there Jodiuh, Stacker power! :D

Even with all that stuff in there it looks empty, lol.

Thanks for taking the time to post what you did with that heatsink.

Here's my Thermalright SI-128 & HR-05 SLI

MY SI-128 is attached to a Panaflo 120mm Medium Speed fan with RPM Monitoring (BX Series). 86.5 CFM@ 2100 rpm. The SI-128 cools my cpu so well the fan doesn't come on at all or at low speed for anything below 40C.

dsc02673lp5.jpg

dsc02674vv5.jpg

dsc02682pr5.jpg

LOL. Yeah. Been reading stuff here for sometime. A few people requested for pictures with SI-128 so i thought i'll satisfy their curiousity. It's my first time installing a HSF. But i think it'll went well except for the lapping session. Was too tedious and erm disgraceful, so didn't take any pics :p

Might get a shorter more powerful GFX with DirectX 10 so i can re-orientate my HR-05 SLI. atm the HR-5 and my GFX cooler is nearly touching each other. And because of this my GFX temp has increased about 3-5C.

I can't orientate my HR-05 upwards because the HS is freaking huge and i can orientate it vertical because the 7800gt is too long. So this is the only solution I have.

Old pic but you get the idea, I have a new gfx card as well as a vf900(which sadly is bein replaced by wc), as well as new ram. Idk if its just a fluke but my 9500 keeps the cpu a hell of alot cooler than most people have recorded. Maybe that whole thing about different heatpipe quality is true.

anyways
A64 3000

stock 24C/31C Load
oc'ed @ 1.6V 25C/35C Load

P1010129.jpg

King_Kevin said:
LOL. Yeah. Been reading stuff here for sometime. A few people requested for pictures with SI-128 so i thought i'll satisfy their curiousity. It's my first time installing a HSF. But i think it'll went well except for the lapping session. Was too tedious and erm disgraceful, so didn't take any pics :p

Might get a shorter more powerful GFX with DirectX 10 so i can re-orientate my HR-05 SLI. atm the HR-5 and my GFX cooler is nearly touching each other. And because of this my GFX temp has increased about 3-5C.

I can't orientate my HR-05 upwards because the HS is freaking huge and i can orientate it vertical because the 7800gt is too long. So this is the only solution I have.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but the DX10 cards ain't gonna be shorter :). Just have a look at the 8800GTX/S spy pics and you'll see what I mean...

Zero82z said:
Sorry to burst your bubble, but the DX10 cards ain't gonna be shorter :). Just have a look at the 8800GTX/S spy pics and you'll see what I mean...

Well yeah i noticed that. I can only hope i guess. We'll see when the final product comes out. I'm not in a hurry to get one anyway.

If XFX comes out with a passive cooler like their 7950GT i'm sold. At least i'll get my HR-05 to line up correctly in the horizontal direction and i'm planning to upgrade my case to a 'Antec Nine Hundred'. That would make things even cooler with a side fan attached :)

Thanks for reminding me about the length of the new GFX though. Will have to keep that in mind.

Correct if I'm wrong, but isn't taht an Ultra Aluminus case composed of aluminum?\

Just my $0.02 ... :D

Jodiuh said:
Korruption:
v212/jodiuh/Thermalright%20HR-03/IMG_1287.jpg[/IMG]

And finally, here's a couple case shots.
new1.jpg

new2.jpg

Room temp: 24C
Game: 10 minutes of Battlefield 2142 Demo w/ 40+ players
Settings: 1680x1050, high detail, 2xAAA, HQAS
Clocks: 698/792 in CCC

HR-03Temps.jpg

The Vantec card cooler can be heard over the 5 Scythes. Adding a 6th Scythe's still a decent amount quieter than the Vantec and it cools a bit better. I didn't check for contact and wasn't 100% sure on install method. Also TIM had over a month to settle on the Accelero. The surface of the Thermalright had grooves and will be lapped and checked for contact tomorrow. Hopefully that'll bring my temps in closer to what the 2-3 of you have gotten so far.

About the install method. I stuck the rubber grommetts between the thumb nuts and backplate. How tight did you guys hug those on? Mine will still turn and I can see some threads on the other side of the card, but the sink wouldn't move. Wonder if I need to tighten more...

Other folks in the OCF thread are getting much better temps with smaller fans, so take my results with a grain until I can get under there again...hopefully tomorrow.

*curses 6am start time this week*

:eek: thats what i call cable managment, that's like unreal.

(cf)Eclipse said:
you had to quote the entire post? :eek: :D :p

well no, but it's fixed now. i was high on cofeen last night, and i did not slept at all, i was playing BF2 for 10 hours srait :cool:

Drunk BF2142 FWT!!

I'm in love with the new king of GPU coolers. With the quiet Scythe E, it's much more pleasant than using that vantec card cooler. I've yet to check for contact and lap, but I should be down to 65C load soon. For air X1900 and silent...yeah. :D

Back