Show off your Heatsink thread

Zalman CNPS-7000A-AlCu w/ Nexus Real Silent 92mm

453211.jpg

Zalman ZM80A-HP on GF6600 AGP

491273.jpg

491276.jpg

N H O said:
noice! gotta love the ninja....aint it juss a badass cooler? :p
yeah it is, however ive got a Packard Bell motherboard, so no real use for it :( hopefully upgrading to A64 over the new year to really use the Ninja :D

_Korruption_ said:
Interesting how the ZM80A-HP fits on the AGP 6600...

Yeah, and I'm quite interested in the temperatures... Wouldn't go with passive cooling with that on a 6600-card.

Techno Pride said:
Zalman CNPS-7000A-AlCu w/ Nexus Real Silent 92mm

Zalman ZM80A-HP on GF6600 AGP
love it man....u cant even tell that u replaced the fan since u did such a good job :cool:

pincho said:
yeah it is, however ive got a Packard Bell motherboard, so no real use for it hopefully upgrading to A64 over the new year to really use the Ninja
sweet man looking forward to it....remember to post pics, well be waiting bc this thread will NEVER die HAHAHAH! :p

knaSen said:
Yeah, and I'm quite interested in the temperatures... Wouldn't go with passive cooling with that on a 6600-card.
me too

phive0 said:
The old setup vs. the new (back in March, 2005)....
how well did the Tt cool? love the silencer man

ok I just bought a zalman cnps9500LED...
zalman0.jpg

I was pissed that zalman does not sell a non LED version...

so... I removed the fan from an old zalman flower I had.. and replaced the LED fan... the mounting was the same so it was easy.
zalman1.jpg

zalman2.jpg

zalman3.jpg

and here it is right after I installed it... the amazing thing is this thing have load temps over 10C lower then my 120mm zalman cpns7700cu
zalman4.jpg

Yashu said:
ok I just bought a zalman cnps9500LED...
zalman0.jpg

I was pissed that zalman does not sell a non LED version...

so... I removed the fan from an old zalman flower I had.. and replaced the LED fan... the mounting was the same so it was easy.

and here it is right after I installed it... the amazing thing is this thing have load temps over 10C lower then my 120mm zalman cpns7700cu

very nice man....i love the fan swap too...very original, most peeps wouldnt complain about the led fan

N H O said:
how well did the Tt cool? love the silencer man
The Tt keeps my secondary rig at 49C under heavy load (F@H), 30C ambient. Athlon XP (Mobile Barton core) running at 2.2GHz @ 1.65Vcore on an Abit NF7-S v1.2

The 92mm fan is turning under 2200 rpm to keep things quiet. I could run cooler by running the fan faster, but I like being able to hear and things are perfectly stable as is.

The silencer was modded to fit the AIW. I did not like the ATI silencer 1 that was supposed to fit my card. The heatsink is much smaller that the ATI silencer 4 that I ended up using. The VPU runs no hotter than 66C with ambient of 30C while running Far Cry. Most games won't get the core temp any higher than 61C.

My last video card died (fried) while running Far Cry...... BFG 6800OC.

This is a HS form a new Dell computer. Its a Dell GX 280, with a 3.2Ghz P4 on a BTX mobo. Take a look at that 120x38mm fan, its the only fan in the case and so far its remained dead silent... this new dell is sweet as hell.

HS001.jpg

HS002.jpg

I(illa Bee said:
This is a HS form a new Dell computer. Its a Dell GX 280, with a 3.2Ghz P4 on a BTX mobo. Take a look at that 120x38mm fan, its the only fan in the case and so far its remained dead silent... this new dell is sweet as hell.
ah interesting heatsink you got there

Pherret said:
No psu fan?

nope, its entirely passive... crazy hua? Ill grab a pic of the case when I go back to work tommorow morning. It is serioisly a bitchin setup... and its the first dell that felt as fast as it should considering the specs...

The GX270 machines are 512mb DC ram, 3.0Ghz CPUs and my old barton 2500+ rig felt faster...

I(illa Bee said:
nope, its entirely passive... crazy hua? Ill grab a pic of the case when I go back to work tommorow morning. It is serioisly a bitchin setup... and its the first dell that felt as fast as it should considering the specs...

The GX270 machines are 512mb DC ram, 3.0Ghz CPUs and my old barton 2500+ rig felt faster...
damn thats pretty tight

ryuji said:
guess intel knew what they were doing when they designed BTX
Well they should considering that it's meant to cool off their hot chips. :rolleyes:

phive0 said:
The Tt keeps my secondary rig at 49C under heavy load (F@H), 30C ambient. Athlon XP (Mobile Barton core) running at 2.2GHz @ 1.65Vcore on an Abit NF7-S v1.2

The 92mm fan is turning under 2200 rpm to keep things quiet. I could run cooler by running the fan faster, but I like being able to hear and things are perfectly stable as is.

The silencer was modded to fit the AIW. I did not like the ATI silencer 1 that was supposed to fit my card. The heatsink is much smaller that the ATI silencer 4 that I ended up using. The VPU runs no hotter than 66C with ambient of 30C while running Far Cry. Most games won't get the core temp any higher than 61C.

My last video card died (fried) while running Far Cry...... BFG 6800OC.

'

thanks for folding!

Krayzie135 said:
lapped baby yeahh :D :D

XP-90

How much of a difference did that make? I have an SP-94, XP-90 and XP-120. SP-94 has a retarded mounting procedure and the XP-120 was too big for my airflow layout in the LIan-Li so I got the XP-90. I like the temperatures I'm seeing a lot, but wondering if lapping it would do it more justice. I'm currently seeing anywhere from 32C - 36C stock (ambient temps varying the cpu temp of course) and 34C - 40C @ 260FSB (again, ambient temps varying the temperature). These are my idle temps, load it goes up about 5 degrees C.

threedd97 said:
How much of a difference did that make? I have an SP-94, XP-90 and XP-120. SP-94 has a retarded mounting procedure and the XP-120 was too big for my airflow layout in the LIan-Li so I got the XP-90. I like the temperatures I'm seeing a lot, but wondering if lapping it would do it more justice. I'm currently seeing anywhere from 32C - 36C stock (ambient temps varying the cpu temp of course) and 34C - 40C @ 260FSB (again, ambient temps varying the temperature). These are my idle temps, load it goes up about 5 degrees C.

well i have a [email protected] and i load at around 39-42C depends on ambiant. lapping i only got 1C off idle but 6C on load so i think it was worth it but i also lapped my IHS (cpu heatspreader) so that prolly helped a little bit too

hey i got a zalman 7000cu on my pentium 4 3.2ghz prescott and i was wondering if i should reapply the thermal paste (or i also have ceramique). I used to get pretty high temps around 60c on full loads, it usually runs around 50c now on normal use, around 45c on idle. I guess i have a few options, reapplying the paste, lapping the heatsink, and i was thinking of switching to the 9500 when i got my next paycheck, ive heard of some decent improvements in temps with it. Anyway suggestions are always helpful.

board2death986 said:
hey i got a zalman 7000cu on my pentium 4 3.2ghz prescott and i was wondering if i should reapply the thermal paste (or i also have ceramique). I used to get pretty high temps around 60c on full loads, it usually runs around 50c now on normal use, around 45c on idle. I guess i have a few options, reapplying the paste, lapping the heatsink, and i was thinking of switching to the 9500 when i got my next paycheck, ive heard of some decent improvements in temps with it. Anyway suggestions are always helpful.
try reapplying it using a single grain of AS5 and using the heatsink to spread it out, you might get better temps, if not, its not critical to get another heatsink unless you overclock bc your temps are still in the range ;)

CrimandEvil said:
Well they should considering that it's meant to cool off their hot chips. :rolleyes:
not all of them are hot :p my dothan at 2.4 ghz not only gets 50 fps extra in hl2, 20 extra doom 3, and 30-50 fps extra ut2k4 over my old 4 ghz prescott, the voltage regulator is ice cold, and i get 26C idle 38C load

what i love the most is i can load and start playing ut2k4 in about 30 secs, including loading map. my prescott used to take about 2 minutes :rolleyes:

N H O said:
try reapplying it using a single grain of AS5 and using the heatsink to spread it out, you might get better temps, if not, its not critical to get another heatsink unless you overclock bc your temps are still in the range ;)

What do you mean by single-grain and using the heatsink to spread it?

How do you guys normally apply something like AS5 onto a new cpu? When you put on the heatsink do you squish / slide it around a bit?

do you use a razor or something to thin out the layer on the cpu?

XeeN said:
What do you mean by single-grain and using the heatsink to spread it?

How do you guys normally apply something like AS5 onto a new cpu? When you put on the heatsink do you squish / slide it around a bit?

do you use a razor or something to thin out the layer on the cpu?
i razor the as5, i spread out a round ball of as5 about the sizeof a bb to spread over the whole p4 ihs, so thin that if i tried to make it thinner it would make scratches in the layer

ryuji said:
i razor the as5, i spread out a round ball of as5 about the sizeof a bb to spread over the whole p4 ihs, so thin that if i tried to make it thinner it would make scratches in the layer

Do you razor the as5 before or after placing the cpu in the socket, and if after the cpu's in place, is it before or after your place the motherboard in?

XeeN said:
Do you razor the as5 before or after placing the cpu in the socket, and if after the cpu's in place, is it before or after your place the motherboard in?
i razor it before i put cpu in

ryuji said:
not all of them are hot :p my dothan at 2.4 ghz not only gets 50 fps extra in hl2, 20 extra doom 3, and 30-50 fps extra ut2k4 over my old 4 ghz prescott, the voltage regulator is ice cold, and i get 26C idle 38C load

what i love the most is i can load and start playing ut2k4 in about 30 secs, including loading map. my prescott used to take about 2 minutes :rolleyes:
damn wen did you get a new set up??!?!

_Korruption_ said:
I think you've got the CPU heatsink mounted the wrong way. The large body should be facing the rear case fan...
no he doesnt, its juss that his cpu socket is rotated 90 degrees

Back