Show off your Heatsink thread

looking nice guys....and I(illa Bee, i think that looks more lik this Tt heatsink

PCBliss nice vga coolers man

and Elysian....that is very nice....did u notice better temps with the lapped stock heatsink?

Elysian said:
Heatsink.jpg

little bit of stock hsf lovin, this is how the hsf for my venice looks, although now i'm water cooled, so that hsf is just a paperweight lol
That is one sexy heatsink!

my slk treated me well in my athlon-xp days silently cooled 2.6 ghz at 1.725v

And a parting shot of my xp-90 that sits on my lidless 3ghz tease of a venice +3200 before I sell it to a friend.

dscn07157np.jpg

Aaron_ATX said:
Finally found a reason to put this old heatsink back to work
nice....btw is that way of mounting the heatsink alot easier than the tradition clip? it looks lik it and damn i LOVE the way the 120mm is mounted on the second ;)

N H O said:
nice....btw is that way of mounting the heatsink alot easier than the tradition clip? it looks lik it and damn i LOVE the way the 120mm is mounted on the second ;)

I prefer it much more so than any clip style.

The second picture is just a zalaman fan bracket I bought at frys that I tossed a Silverstone fan on. Works extremely well.....less bulk on the heatsink, and since its raised off the heatsink a bit i'd imagine it helps to eliminate the natural dead spot that a 120 would have....not to mention it cools my ram and mosfets also. I'll be using those brackets quite a bit in my next few builds.

here my thermalright heatsink with 120mm thermaltake fan and my 9600 pro with an artic cooler...I love the silverstone fan , I got one on order...how will i be able to mount it like you have it???

N H O said:
heatsink thread....
lol i posted my water block because other ppl did, but i posted many more heat sinks, maybe this should be 'show off your cpu cooling' thread

Zal1.JPG

Dang ram placement makes it to where its not directly blowing the air out the back of the case. Its more 50/50. Next board will have the ram on the side, not top, to fix this.

sherbanater said:
here my thermalright heatsink with 120mm thermaltake fan and my 9600 pro with an artic cooler...I love the silverstone fan , I got one on order...how will i be able to mount it like you have it???

I am using a Zalaman fan bracket to mount it like that.

ryuji said:
lol i posted my water block because other ppl did, but i posted many more heat sinks, maybe this should be 'show off your cpu cooling' thread
juss cause other people post their waterblocks doesnt mean that u should juss jump on the bandwagon.....

Anime_Fan said:
Well its a kind of heatsink ;)
yes it is if you wanna be technical about it but if you noticed, this thread isnt in the water cooling section

hey, at least there's fins on it :p (that you can't see from this pic).
water5.JPG

N H O said:
damn that thing hangs over the edge of the mobo :eek: it certainly wont fit in my sonata

I know, I had to move the top exhaust fan from the P180 to another location due to the size of this Zalman, luckily the P180 only came with three fans, so moving it to the last empty slot behind the HDD's was no big deal at all.

Now the exhaust hole at the top is more of a smoke stack for heat :p

Big Worm said:
I know, I had to move the top exhaust fan from the P180 to another location due to the size of this Zalman, luckily the P180 only came with three fans, so moving it to the last empty slot behind the HDD's was no big deal at all.

Now the exhaust hole at the top is more of a smoke stack for heat :p
jeezums...... :eek:

damn taht thing is pretty tall for a non tower heatsink.....how tall is it? lik 8 or 9cm?

ohh do i spy a new DFI RDX200! also, that SI120 is TALL! ram BARELY fits under the xp120. that thing must be an even inch taller then the xp120. and eww...bud light :D

insidexpc.jpg

Leave it to Shuttle to put a p4 mounting bracket on an A64 board :rolleyes: but the "ice" cooler works well enough.

Got rid of that anoying slim 80mm fan.

damn Aaron_ATX....that thing really is tall for a non tower heatsink :p say how well does it keep ur cpu cool and how do u lik ur new DFI?

and Pherret....i want more shots!

**edit: Idle temps are 29-30 Cpu, 30-33 MB, and 39-41 GPU.
Load: 35 CPU is highest I've seen, 40 for MB and 62 for GPU after FEAR for an hour.

My Zalman Cu in a Gigabyte Aurora 3D case! I just built this system about a week ago. I LOVE it! AMAZING case, I highly recommend the Gigabyte case to ANYONE! Workmanship and features are second to none.

Image-9E9A67EC3C4D11DA.jpg

I sleeved the cables and did a much nicer job, of course. This was all just during the build.
Image-9E9A89A03C4D11DA.jpg

The Zalman VF700 Cu install on my XFX 7800GT OC
Image-BA437F98419F11DA.jpg

Check out the Photo Album here: My system Build, all Zalman/Gigabyte Cooling :cool: :cool:

Nice heatsinks everybody,wish I had a scanner or a digital camera so I could share my heatsink with you all. I have this heatsink:

http://xoxide.com/thermaltake-fanless103.html

but wasnt going to post due to not having a camera :rolleyes: I average around 28 to 31 C idle and 39 to 42 C underload.Think the reason why I get a low idle temp is because I have a 120mm fan acting as an exhaust fan right by my heatsink and I like my apartment somewhat cold.I can try to post screenshots with the cpu reading 28 C. Its an Amd64 socket 754 Newcastle 3200 if that helps at all.Anyways,cool thread.When I get a camera for Christmas or whatever,I'll post pictures.

AppaYipYip said:
**edit: Idle temps are 29-30 Cpu, 30-33 MB, and 39-41 GPU.
Load: 35 CPU is highest I've seen, 40 for MB and 62 for GPU after FEAR for an hour.

My Zalman Cu in a Gigabyte Aurora 3D case! I just built this system about a week ago. I LOVE it! AMAZING case, I highly recommend the Gigabyte case to ANYONE! Workmanship and features are second to none.

http://homepage.mac.com/jtrussell7/.Pictures/Photo%20Album%20Pictures/2005-10-13%2018.07.01%20-0700/Image-9E9A67EC3C4D11DA.jpg[IMG]

I sleeved the cables and did a much nicer job, of course. This was all just during the build.
[IMG]http://homepage.mac.com/jtrussell7/.Pictures/Photo%20Album%20Pictures/2005-10-13%2018.07.01%20-0700/Image-9E9A89A03C4D11DA.jpg[IMG]

The Zalman VF700 Cu install on my XFX 7800GT OC
[IMG]http://homepage.mac.com/jtrussell7/.Pictures/Photo%20Album%20Pictures/2005-10-20%2012.31.52%20-0700/Image-BA437F98419F11DA.jpg[IMG]

Check out the Photo Album here: [URL=http://homepage.mac.com/jtrussell7/PhotoAlbum9.html]My system Build, all Zalman/Gigabyte Cooling[/URL] :cool: :cool:[/QUOTE]

Very impressive :eek:

.Euphoria said:
Very impressive :eek:

Thanks!! I'm always open to suggesstions and feedback, yours is the first feedback I've had on my system. It took me a long time to get the money up to build it, I'm pretty proud. :D :cool:

Appa, I LOVE THAT RAM! those new heatspreaders dont even make it look like ram. nice choice on the Zalman VF700-cu. i like that case, everything looks good. THUMBS UP!

.Euphoria said:
Nice heatsinks everybody,wish I had a scanner or a digital camera so I could share my heatsink with you all. I have this heatsink:

http://xoxide.com/thermaltake-fanless103.html

but wasnt going to post due to not having a camera :rolleyes: I average around 28 to 31 C idle and 39 to 42 C underload.Think the reason why I get a low idle temp is because I have a 120mm fan acting as an exhaust fan right by my heatsink and I like my apartment somewhat cold.I can try to post screenshots with the cpu reading 28 C. Its an Amd64 socket 754 Newcastle 3200 if that helps at all.Anyways,cool thread.When I get a camera for Christmas or whatever,I'll post pictures.
dood post a pic of it asap....i love the look of it and i havent see one person post it up...i think it looks much better than the sonic tower :p

CCUABIDExORxDIE said:
Appa, I LOVE THAT RAM! those new heatspreaders dont even make it look like ram. nice choice on the Zalman VF700-cu. i like that case, everything looks good. THUMBS UP!
werd that ram looks clean as hell

CCUABIDExORxDIE said:

Thanks!! :D I am amazed at the performance of this Patriot Memory! For the money you really can't beat it! It's running extremely well in my system with Cas 2 timings. I got it at www.zipzoomfly.com for $126 a stick.

I built the entire system from zipzoomfly for $1200!!!

CCUABIDExORxDIE said:

I have that RAM in my case too its sweet :) I like the slightly finned heatspreaders, I was thinking when I bought it why don't people make heatspreaders that are finned and then it arrived and the heatspreader had tiny lil fins :)

N H O said:
dood post a pic of it asap....i love the look of it and i havent see one person post it up...i think it looks much better than the sonic tower :p

Will do,I'll try to get some pictures this weekend.

N H O said:
looking nice guys....and I(illa Bee, i think that looks more lik this Tt heatsink

PCBliss nice vga coolers man

and Elysian....that is very nice....did u notice better temps with the lapped stock heatsink?
i think at most it might have been a 1C difference... my ihs wasn't lapped on that processor, nor did i remove the IHS... so it was very very nominal if any gain... but it sure looked purty;)

Back