Show off your Heatsink thread

N H O

2[H]4U
whelps im bored and havent seen a thread lik this, so bring it ;)

I got carried away with the picture taking when I installed my XP-120... :D

Just out of its wrapper!
Xp-120-2.jpg

Check out all those fins!
Xp-120-1.jpg

Nice gap between the memory and the heatsink
Xp-120-4.jpg

Fan Installed!
Xp-120-3.jpg

Nothing fancy, but it works well.

edit by zer0signal667: links nonfunctional, 2 point to strange, irrelevant images

mickey987 nice shots of the xp-120, makes me wanna pick one up

Bio-Hazard, how are the temps with the Big Typhoon? thing sure looks mighty nice :p

furiousfords89 i had the same heatsink as urs, cept the socket A version :cool: i thot it was the greatest thing wen i had it

and nice guys keep the pics comin :D

Spot held for future heatsink..looking at CoolerMaster 6+ Or Zalman 7000CU with blue led..system parts being bought ..low on chezze :D

I just know somone is going to post that big a** lump of copper demo Zelman HSF :p

furiousfords89,

You need to open up the exhaust on that fan next to the CPU, it looks badly blocked by a lot of metal. ;)

Ultra Wide said:
furiousfords89,

You need to open up the exhaust on that fan next to the CPU, it looks badly blocked by a lot of metal. ;)

actually i hacked out the grills with my pliers, its just not noticeable form that angle..i only missed that certain spot from the camera angle because if i tried to remove any more metal i would completely bend my case's frame ;)

OK, you asked for it!! :D

.... Introducing ... the Cuprinnock Alpha 2® ... custom MOSFET sinks.

grxgrx-alpha2c.jpg

100% Fine Silver used to join the base & fins instead of solder, which is a poor thermal conductor.
Took a small amount of experimentation with torch techniques to get the Silver to flow
evenly without heating the Copper too much. Only 220 degrees (F) between the two
melting points. Must admit however, Copper has a wider Melting Range than Silver, which was an advantage here.

Those proto-types were designed to clear the caps & toroidal coils by the mosfets, that is why they have open sides.
The design could easily be upscaled for use as Vid RAM, Northbridge or even a CPU sink.
And could also be modified to accomodate more fins as well. Another smaller fin piece
could even be placed in the middle area. Which is the next design most likely.

They started out like this by the way - a crucible of pure molten Copper melted down from scrap plumbing materials :

grxgrx-cp1.jpg

Working on a couple larger designs for cooling larger chips but haven't perfected them yet.
Don't worry, you will see them soon enough. :)

Darkside: CM Hyper 6 + ALL THE WAY ( i plan on getting one soon so i can show it off in here :cool: and of course overclock more ;)

[em]HEAT: nice nice even tho this is a heatsink thread, very nice block u gots there :D

thefordmccord: gotta love the ghetto'ness :p

lol, I have the Hyper 6+ and I am not going to use it...same with the TT Sonic Tower.

I will post pics later. :D

Xp-90 is da bomb, u'll love it :D lapping it makes it jus that much better and looks cool too

Lol, this certainly doesnt fall under "showing off" but, anyway, how about a pile of them!

pileaheatsinks3wv.jpg

coolermaster01.jpg

coolermaster02.jpg

My system barely get's warm now!! The fans are nearly silent. Now all I hear is that pesky GPU cooler fan (soon to be replaced) and a couple of case fans (also planning on replacement now that I can hear them)

never thought i would be posting pics of heat sinks so some i only have pics of while there installed
only pic of 2.4c cooler

other north bridge cooler

since someone else did...:p

lol forgot i ran out of electrical tape back when i took that picture :p

A....on my longtime +2500 barton setup. Its too spiffy looking to epoxy it to anything :D

jmroberts70 said:
http://www.unofficial3d.com/files/coolermaster01.jpg

http://www.unofficial3d.com/files/coolermaster02.jpg

My system barely get's warm now!! The fans are nearly silent. Now all I hear is that pesky GPU cooler fan (soon to be replaced) and a couple of case fans (also planning on replacement now that I can hear them)

:eek: What type of mounting does that use?!!!!?
(It is a real heatsink isnt it?)

My heatsinks arent anything special...
I have the socket A coolermaster heatsink that is just like the blue thing on the previous page and a zalman passive heatsink for my video card.

awdark said:
:eek: What type of mounting does that use?!!!!?
(It is a real heatsink isnt it?)

My heatsinks arent anything special...
I have the socket A coolermaster heatsink that is just like the blue thing on the previous page and a zalman passive heatsink for my video card.

Here you go...

Chipset Cooler:
COOLER MASTER RT-UCL-L4U1 40mm Sleeve Blue LED Light Northbridge Cooling Fan/Heatsink

CPU cooler:
COOLER MASTER Hyper 6+ RR-UNH-P0U1 100 mm Rifle Bearing Cooling Fan/Heatsink

The mounting hardware came with the kit and worked quite well. Probably some of the easiest I've worked with in a while.

fluxion said:
i love that pic, when i first saw it i thought the image was actually embedded in the heatsink base somehow
nope, thats a reflection, also note with the other photo with the quarter that you can see a glow in the dark star in the reflection

When I first saw the thread title I thought it was devoted to custom designed & modded heatsinks.

But since we are talking lapp jobs ...

Thermalright Sk-7 ::

Thermalright SLK-900a ::

No polishing compound whatsoever.
Just 2,000 grit paper, a tempered mirror, plenty of clean water, and a lot of elbow grease.
A little experience helped too. :D

nice guys keep it comin

jmroberts70, i DIG ur heatsink....its soo damn sexy...btw can u give me its measurements? appreciate it ;)

N H O said:
jmroberts70, i DIG ur heatsink....its soo damn sexy...btw can u give me its measurements? appreciate it ;)

lol, I never actually considered them "sexy" but I'll take it!! Surprisngly, I didn't realize that Newegg doesn't have decent dimensions for these guys. I'll have to break out a tape measure tonight or something and make some simple measurements for you guys. I will say that some video cards simply won't be able to fit in between them.

**edit** Just found some great info on the CoolerMaster website with some good dimensions 'n stuff:

Chipset cooler

Hyper 6+ CPU cooler

Enjoy!!

Ok I have to ask, what the heck is the top picture of? It looks like refrigerant pipes or something. :confused:

pwnd, the sink even gets warm, and stays warm, its all passive, im a big fan of not using fans ;)

Back