Show off your best pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same pic as last post, gf used PSP8 to do it, its cool i think!

lillizard.jpg

soulsaver_8229

Shortly after getting the new camera, I was playing with long exposures at low ISO settings (on the stairs outside; I didn't feel like going anywhere), and ended up with this one. I'm sure I have the full-sized original ... somewhere.
hage.jpg

We got some discreet northern lights a few weeks later:

Moving into the summer:

(The camera is an ixus 400. Nice little thing.)

Oh, and nweibley: Damn you for making me want to move south. :D

o0moonman0o said:
finally a shot of my toys
Beautiful shot! Soft focus done right. :cool:

You might consider rotating it slightly so that the blinds are level. It's not particularly distracting, though; maybe not worth worrying about.

o0moonman0o said:

Oh man, that shot would have had so much more "pop" with a c-pol. I you haven't gotten one, I suggest you get one, it really brings out shots like that. Not that that is not already an awesome shot.

I just took this one tonight and, honestly, this is (IMHO) the best picture I have taken. Ever.

lightning4.jpg

What do you guys think?

lorcani said:
I just took this one tonight and, honestly, this is (IMHO) the best picture I have taken. Ever.

lightning

What do you guys think?
Looks great. How long was the exposure?

Since you showed lightning, here is a crop from a shot I took at the beach a few weeks ago...
stormynight8xd.jpg

nweibley said:
Looks great. How long was the exposure?
1/8.

I was feeling daring, and it was happening every few seconds anyway.

Btw, that picture over the sea looks great. I've always wondered what happens to lightning out at sea.

Was impressed by what this ultra-tiny camera was able to take while biking around DC last weekend. Photos were reduced in size by MSOffice Photo Manager and lost alot of quality in the process.

6x4wdct25.jpg

6x4wdct29.jpg

6x4wdct35.jpg

From my aging NikonCoolPix 800
Haines Point - Between Washington, DC and VA
(click for 1600x1200)

On the topic of creepy, I've already posted this in another thread, but it's gotta be one of my best, so here it is again:

DSCF5406_wheel_bug_again_sm.jpg

Hmm that is a very neat looking insect you have found there. I cant say i have seen one, where is that picture taken?

Ok, I'll bite! Here's my favorite bug shot. Actually I am pretty proud of it. Managed to find this guy at the gas station one morning. Just happened to have my digicam with me at the time...

leafbug01.jpg

The pic is actually rotated CCW 90 degrees. He was hanging on a pillar looking down. His length is about 2 full inches! After I took the shot, zooming in on the image reveals just how amazingly well this bug manages to look JUST like an average green leaf!!

Oooooohhhhh... Wow - a photography thread in a geek forum. SWEET! A few of mine:

Jewish prisoner barracks at Birkenau. Site of the murder of over a million Jews.
40399267_06dbb9972d_o.jpg

The cat.
40519967_2d6c6cfa20_o.jpg

On the shores of Windermere in England.
40523667_da1c52c48b_o.jpg

La Sagrada Familia, Barcelona.
40581807_8bfc5cc319_o.jpg

DeaDLocK said:
La Sagrada Familia, Barcelona.
40581807_8bfc5cc319_o.jpg

Head over to this thread which is a contest about how light interacts with architecture and enter that photo... you'll almost surely win!
:D

nweibley said:
Head over to this thread which is a contest about how light interacts with architecture and enter that photo... you'll almost surely win!
:D
Thanks for the tip! :D

atherton213 said:
dead thats some nice stuff... what kinda camera you got?
Thanks! D70 with 18-70, 70-200 VR and 50mm Macro.

Gretta, doing what she does best:

GrettaSleeping008.JPG

And our fat girl, Ariel:

ArielOutside004.JPG

Both are my favorites, with the first one taking top nods.

I have a few, but I just want one in for now. This is the trainstation I use to see my girlfriend.

PATCO.jpg

Bitchnmoan said:
Gretta, doing what she does best:

And our fat girl, Ariel:

Both are my favorites, with the first one taking top nods.

That top picture is great, the lighting is absolutely perfect :D

[TQ] said:
This photo has potential but in its current form is not something most people would hang on their wall..

Agreed.. Here's the best I could do with some quick work on it.

fixed.jpg

Slight color adjustments.

fixeda.jpg

Awesome, thanks guys for showing me how it could look better. I plan on using the Canadian photostiching tool on my current trip!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back