Show off your best pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Resize%20of%20DSCF0140.JPG

Guess I should finally post some of my pics. These are completely unprocessed. Shot as .jpg and only resized.

Pu'u O'o Vent - Hawaii
DSC_5775_RL.JPG

Oceanside valley, Hawaii
DSC_5890_RL.JPG

Pineapple plant, World Botanical Gardens, Hawaii
DSC_5964_RL.JPG

Only edited to remove the flash from the ring flash, which was completely with in the black of the pupil, and cropped and curved slightly. Took this with the 150mm Sigma. I should try again with the 50mm; this just isn't as sharp as I'd like. :(

DSCF5158_iris_sm.jpg

One of my favorites -

Misc_096.jpg

And a little nature shot -

St.%20Augustine%20-%203-27-05%20-%20Mike%20098_1.JPG

My buddy Mike -

Sylvan%20Lake%20Park%20007_1.JPG

And Yours truely -

Sylvan%20Lake%20Park%20-%20Mike%20051_1.JPG

Was out taking some pictures in the yard and I stumbled across this big spider. Looks very similar to the yellow and black garden spider so I figure that is probably what it is.

2005.08.01_Gardenspider_res.jpg

Yup, thats a garden spider, also known as a black-and-yellow argiope (Argiope aurantia). I hadn't seen any around here for several years, but I saw two last summer. Hopefully I'll get some better photos this summer now that I'm a bit better equipped.

Just got back from Alaska tonight; had to post this one at the Hubbard Glacier:

IMG_7940_W.jpg

Untouched, just resized for web. Full Resolution

This one wasn't in perfect focus; on one of the other shots you could see that the boat was named 'Happy Hooker 4'. :D He's about 1/2 mile away from the glacier; it's called the "Alaska Effect". Oh, that glacier isn't that big..

IMG_8082_W.jpg

Untouched, just resized for web. Full Resolution

That ship is over 1,000 feet long..

Took this in my front yard today:

bee.jpg

D2X, Sigma 180mm f/3.5 Macro, F/16, 1/60, manual focus, tripod-mounted with flash

cuttriss said:

How do you get pictures like that? My flash always is brighter than anything I take outside when it is dark like that.

Here are just some crappy pics of the Grand Canyon Area taken with a D70S. I have about 2000 others, but I choose these fairly quickly, I know tehre are better ones, but hey, this is it for now
GC1.jpg

GC2.jpg

GC3.jpg

GC4.jpg

GC5.jpg

GC6.jpg

GC7.jpg

PS-RagE said:
Cool spider. Looks kinda like a crab. Nice pic
Thanks. I think it is one of the best pictures I have ever taken.

I don't get to go to many scenic places and my yard is no beauty so I an very lucky to run across such a bug.

moonman. do you visit fredmiranda.com?

if so are those tiger shots from one of the tiger shoots tom set up?

pug said:
How do you get pictures like that? My flash always is brighter than anything I take outside when it is dark like that.
The trick is to not use the flash at all. Just set your camera up on a tripod, set the aperture down fairly small (f/11 or so), set the shutter speed to 5-10" or so, set the camera on self-timer (to avoid shaking it when you hit the shutter release), and take the shot. You'll probably need to play with the settings a bit, but that's the general idea.

4b5eN+EE said:
moonman. do you visit fredmiranda.com?

if so are those tiger shots from one of the tiger shoots tom set up?

nope, don't visit there. I took the tiger shot during my trip in mainland china.

ic.
i like the second tiger one

the first one would be alot better without that blue thing there...

of course you most likely can't retake that :p

8bc8e1d4.jpg

6eb0bddb.jpg

c5347e97.jpg

d2df29d4.jpg

c3548b21.jpg

aaf59055.jpg

5b27f2dc.jpg

Photobucket has raped these pictures as far as detail and size.

The final one is my precious Shiva, Taken from me just a week after this photo by the malpractice if a very mean, uncaring, elderly Vet slipping when he gave her her first vaccine innoculation. Thankfully, He was fired soon after for undisclosed, but I feel obvious reasons.

Here are 2 randoms my gf took (shes getting better and better) any tips/tricks for her using my SD200 by all means would help, i myself just use it for point and shoot :p she used Irfanview and cropped em

mushroom.jpg

lillizard1.jpg

hope ya like em :D I did!

soulsaver_8229

Tedium said:
I think a ghost invaded your last pic
:p everyone says that. It's a long exposure and my friend Jodie walked into and then back out of the frame on accident... so she partly exposed. I wanted the water to look smooth/flat....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back