Show me your old school games!!

stryder2720

Supreme [H]ardness
I've just started reassembling my NES/SNES collection that I had back in the day. Here's what I've got so far:

Super Metroid
Secret of Mana
MegaMan X
Super Mario/Duck Hunt
Super Mario 2
Super Mario 3
Metroid

I should be receiving MegaMan 2 and FZERO(NIB) tomorrow!!

Anyone else into oldschool gaming? If so, POST IT UP!!

I picked up a Retro Duo system to play these on.

IMG_3602-1.jpg

My older sister has our NES and SNES (actually, I bought the SNES myself) along with all the games. I just run the VC on the Wii to play my favorites.

Been rocking the Chrono Trigger. YEAH BABY.

I have many "old school" games. However they were new school when I was buying them. Here are a few of my favs. I have many :D

Phone023.jpg

Phone021.jpg

Phone022.jpg

About 90% of all my games have original paperwork and boxes with them. Intellivision ones have been damaged, but everything since is close to mint.

I have a fair amount of old school games but they've been packed up for some time. Here's a list of what I can remember I have though:

NES
Super Mario 1/2/3, The Legend of Zelda, Adventure of Link, Final Fantasy, Spy Hunter, Tetris, Goonies II, Kung Fu, Excitebike, Dr. Mario, Yoshi's Cookie, and Crystalis.

SNES
Final Fantasy II, Final Fantasy III, Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, Tetris Attack, Rock N' Roll Racing, F-Zero, Illusion of Gaia, and Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.

I'd take pictures but I really don't want to have to find the box in the garage. Mostly now, I just play the roms on my PC. 8 bit and 16 bit goodness never get old. :D

RC pro am !!!! i still have the winner song in my head.... what a good game

I still have the NES hooked up, lol. Nothing like a good run through Punch Out or Contra and having the good NES sound through a sub. Most of my other toys are packed up as well.

aaaaah the days you had to turn the TV on channel 3 to play...

i miss em!

RC pro am !!!! i still have the winner song in my head.... what a good game

WOW, I remember sucking so bad at this and wondering how the heck to get the "cooler" cars that the computers had during the demos.

Man I wish I had a copy of Chrono Trigger. I think I'll get Zelda 1&2 for NES next along with FF3 for SNES. Don't know if you guys have checked the price for Chrono Trigger lately but it's going for $60+ on eBay.

Wow, so good old Chrono Trigger has barely lost any of its resale value in that case. I think I paid $70 for it back in 1996.

Game genie:) Funny how distant that technology is from current, but only seams like yesterday in real time. I remember when newer games were released, and you had no way of getting updates as to which ones were compatible with the game genie, you could try experimenting. The results ranged from nothing to very odd results.

Back