Shouldn't 850W be enough? Faulty PSU?

IM willing to bet the replacement does the same thing and its just the way it is

Well I loaded up the time spy stress test and so far so good. It wouldn't even make it through one loop before and right now I'm on the 8th loop with no problems. I will let it finish and then go play AC: Valhalla. But it looks like initially I just got a bad unit.

I'm having the same issue
all my games run fine but when im 30+ mins into Flight simulator 2020 on high settings my pc shuts off.
5950x / 64gb / asus 3090strix / seasonic 850 titanium (No Overclocks / AMD boost turned off)

I have a Seasonic 1000watt Prime Titanium on the way, hope this resolves my issue.

all my games run fine but when im 30+ mins into Flight simulator 2020 on high settings my pc shuts off.
5950x / 64gb / asus 3090strix / seasonic 850 titanium (No Overclocks / AMD boost turned off)

I have a Seasonic 1000watt Prime Titanium on the way, hope this resolves my issue.
just do like kirby did an rma the 850w unit after the new one comes in.....it would appear many supply's have over sensitive over current protection. (better than the opposite i guess) lol i always and still do overshoot the supply wattage i need

It is the OCP on the Seasonic. Please let us know if the 1000 watt unit resolves the issue. I am looking to replace the 850 for the same reason.

I'm running an EVGA FTW3 3090 on the "normal" bios and have a 5950x without PBO or any additional boosting enabled. The only other component I have in my system is a 2TB NVMe drive, a 240mm AIO, and several case fans. My PSU is an EVGA 850W Supernova Gold PSU that I got from the "B-stock" a couple weeks ago.

I was playing through AC: Valhalla: Wrath of the Druids and when I made it into a fort and tried to use the predator bow, my computer shut off. I have to cycle the switch on the back of the PSU before it will boot again. I can fairly easily replicate this behavior, and other parts of the game have no issues. I loaded up 3dMark, and did a stress test, and my computer shuts off before even 1 pass of TimeSpy completes.

Do you think it's a faulty 850W PSU or do I just need more power?

Even if I'm pulling 400-450W with the card, my settings only have the CPU at around 150W, and the other components shouldn't be anywhere near 250W left over. Kind of makes me wonder if it's a faulty PSU.

I hadn’t read through the thread to know if you’ve resolved this but a friend of mine just got around to finishing his new build with a 5900x and 3080. He was also running an evga PSU, don’t recall the exact model. His computer would shut off after 10-15 minutes of playing modern warfare. GPU, CPU temps were fine. Had him drop GPU power target to 50% and it stayed up albeit with significantly reduced performance. He RMAd the PSU and the replacement has fixed the issue.

I hadn’t read through the thread to know if you’ve resolved this but a friend of mine just got around to finishing his new build with a 5900x and 3080. He was also running an evga PSU, don’t recall the exact model. His computer would shut off after 10-15 minutes of playing modern warfare. GPU, CPU temps were fine. Had him drop GPU power target to 50% and it stayed up albeit with significantly reduced performance. He RMAd the PSU and the replacement has fixed the issue.

I RMA'd the PSU and the replacement they sent me worked fine. Overall, it wasn't a terrible experience, but that's mostly because I had a spare PSU.

Question for you guys, My new 1000 watt psu is coming can i just replace the psu and reuse the existing modular cables? (Lazy to rerun)
They are both the Seasonic Prime Titnaium series 850 / 1000 watt

Thanks

Question for you guys, My new 1000 watt psu is coming can i just replace the psu and reuse the existing modular cables? (Lazy to rerun)
They are both the Seasonic Prime Titnaium series 850 / 1000 watt

Thanks

I would think so as long as they are the exact same series of products without any sort of revision history between them. I'm looking at the website and they look identical just with a different count of cables due to the different size PSU. The two I looked at are below for reference.

SSR-850TD​

SSR-1000TD​

Honestly, I would probably swap them out myself for peace of mind just in case even if I didn't necessarily have to.

Back