Should I void my 360 warranty?

FMX

Gawd
It's already had one RROD, and that has been fixed. I don't remember when I got my 360 I guess it was around 2006-07. And I don't think they asked for any purchase proof when I sent it in. My question is if I get another RROD will they fix it again? Cause if they won't... I'm just going to void the warranty and tear into it.

It's already had one RROD, and that has been fixed. I don't remember when I got my 360 I guess it was around 2006-07. And I don't think they asked for any purchase proof when I sent it in. My question is if I get another RROD will they fix it again? Cause if they won't... I'm just going to void the warranty and tear into it.

If you dont have proof of purchase, the 3 year RROD warranty is from the manufacture date on the back of the xbox360.

Thanks, so that means if you did have the proof they would keep fixing it and fixing it??

This is just my experience and that of a friend, but Microsoft seems to have switched to taking great pains to fix RROD models. Not sure if that is a result of bad press or what.

I had a launch system that I got used. It RROD on me wayyy after any warranty. I wasn't asked for anything. Just filled out a form on xbox.com and they sent me a box. I send it off and they sent me a new 360. I also had a friend who has had one die twice now, both times he got the same deal. No questions just fill out a form, they send a box, they send you a new 360.

We could have just been very lucky, but from what I have seen they just fix ring'd systems now or replace them. YMMV.

Back