Should I trade in my Lachesis for a Deathadder?

[H]adouken

[H]ard|Gawd
Has anyone had any decent/long-time usage with BOTH of these mice? I'm a righty, I have an unopened (since I'm thinking of trading it) Phantom White Lachesis that I hear nothing but complaints about cause it's supposedly not "comfortable". Does it get comfortable after a while or does it forever suck?

Notice the new Razer Mamba takes the Deathadder form, every single place I read has nothing bad things to say about the Lachesis ergonomics. I need a fast and comfortable mouse I can forget about, is the Deathadder better by a little or by a lot?

What say you -experienced-with-both-folks? Give it a chance or remove it from my life like Far Cry 2?

I went from a Copperhead to a Lachesis, and thus far I think I prefer the shape of the Lachesis a little more. The Copperhead is a "claw" style mouse, whereas the Lachesis is a similar shape, but longer, allowing some palm rest. Yes, both take some getting used to if you're coming from Logitech or Microsoft mice which are almost all "palm" style designs, but I didn't find it to be a painful transition.

I also have nothing but good things to say about the laser sensor tracking. It's worlds better than the Logitech MX513s and MouseMan Pro Opticals I used before.

I don't have experience with the Deathadder.

Yes x2. I love my Death Adder!

I personally strongly preferred the DA feel to the Lachesis.
And you guys have had enough experience with both to say this?

I've been using it for a week, the first 10 minutes were HORRIBLE coming from a Logitech VX Revolution that was like molded for my hand. Now I'm starting to grip it more and get used to it, not sure it's as comfy as right-handed mice though. G'damn it I wish DA's had DPI on-the-fly, I keep using it on this mouse and now I need the feature.

That Razer Mamba is expensive, but damn sexy.

[H]adouken;1033702281 said:

I've been using it for a week, the first 10 minutes were HORRIBLE coming from a Logitech VX Revolution that was like molded for my hand. Now I'm starting to grip it more and get used to it, not sure it's as comfy as right-handed mice though. G'damn it I wish DA's had DPI on-the-fly, I keep using it on this mouse and now I need the feature.

So do you have the DA or not, I’m kind of confused here in this post. I do have experience with Lachesis, DA, and Copperhead. I never use on-the-fly settings, so I'm okay without it. My personal preference is for right-handed mice since the hand naturally lays at an angle, not perpendicular to the desk. It's big enough for my hands as the Lachesis and Copperhead seemed not to be. It's really up to you in the end. I've had my DA for over a year, just put new feet on and it's like butter in my hand.

Sorry I meant I still have the Lachesis, and that Im really keen with the DPI switching under the scroll wheel, helps a ton for sniping. If DAs had on-the-fly switching I would definitely trade it in. But then again the comfort should negate the need for that, if it's as comfy as people claim.

Death Adder is an incredible mouse. I had the copperhead before that which is close to the lachesis and I sold that with a quickness. It is made so that a lefty or righty can use it and didn't feel all that comfortable, plus it was way too light for my liking. The death adder closely mirrors the microsoft Intellimouse 3.0 which was a great mouse for it's time. Death Adder hands down.

[H]adouken;1033702281 said:

I admit, I didn't give the Lachesis all THAT long, because I disliked it so much.

I bought both from b&m with the intent of keeping one. I played around and liked the DA so much better I never looked back regardless of tech specs.

The DA is shaped more like the Logitechs: molded for the right hand. I've used the VX Rev and it's definitely not shaped that nicely, but it's certainly comfortable. Sensor gets pissy if there's anything on the mousepad though (a bit annoying).

Really though I think the DA would be comfortable, but I'd give the Lach a bit more time before you give up on it, everyone I know that has it says it just takes a little time to get used to.

depends on your hand really. I tried the logitech line and they cramped my hand up so bad that i sold it. The DA is more like G5 and therefore, not for me. The Lachesis is a little nicer for big handed peeps

I loved my DA but It didn't feel near as well built as my old G5, plus it crapped out after about 3 months. I've been building rigs for 12 years and I have never had a mouse just quit. So I was pretty disappointed to say the least. I doubt I will ever by another Razor.

My opinion isn't really that educated as I don't play very many games but I do agree that the Lachesis takes an acquired feel. I love it now and the software is excellent. Just my penny's worth. ;)

I'm starting to get used to it, I freaking LOVE on-the-fly DPI switching, it's so handy cause it helps me kill so much smoother. Don't really care for the high DPI though, I rarely use past 1000DPI.

I'm just wondering if I'll play any better with a Deathadder, not sure how to judge that though, would need a fast-pased MP game, like COD4 to judge.

The MX518 and the Deathadder still seem to the most popular mice, probably for good reason. Looking to get one of those myself.

How is the DA compared to the Logitech G9?

The damn woven cord is getting in my way in BF2, need something as good in button options but with less obstructions. How is Logitechs software support regarding dpi settings and on the fly dpi switching.

Thanks

Back