Should I roll the dice on this 'Open Box' laptop from tanga.com?

Circumnavigate

Limp Gawd
Hey guys, I'm looking to purchase an LG Gram 15Z90Q-P and have been looking around for a deal.

It's selling for $1600 at Costco right now, but it look like it's almost 50% off on Tanga.com

Do you guys know if tanga.com is a reputable seller? They have a D on better business bureau.

Do you guys think its worth taking a chance on this laptop or should I stick with brand new and pay the premium?

Also here is another excellent discount I found, do you guys think this would be a better one to go for? They are referring to it as 'restored' whatever that means.

Shop.com has it as well

Are any of these retailers reputable and worth taking a chance one?

Last edited:
Hey guys, I'm looking to purchase an LG Gram 15Z90Q-P and have been looking around for a deal.

It's selling for $1600 at Costco right now, but it look like it's almost 50% off on Tanga.com

Do you guys know if tanga.com is a reputable seller? They have a D on better business bureau.

Do you guys think its worth taking a chance on this laptop or should I stick with brand new and pay the premium?

Also here is another excellent discount I found, do you guys think this would be a better one to go for? They are referring to it as 'restored' whatever that means.
both sellers are refurb/scratch and dent stores, both items are listed as open box and factory restored(the windows install) and are basically copy and pastes of each other. i wouldnt touch em without a return guarantee.

both sellers are refurb/scratch and dent stores, both items are listed as open box and factory restored(the windows install) and are basically copy and pastes of each other. i wouldnt touch em without a return guarantee.
What do you think about woot.com, do you think they would be worth taking a chance on?

Here's a link

What do you think about woot.com, do you think they would be worth taking a chance on?

Here's a link
ive at least heard of them, they are an amazon company, its an actual refurb with a 90 day warranty. should be safe enough. id rather a refurb than open box, as refurbs are actually tested(i used to do it for a local store chain).

ive at least heard of them, they are an amazon company, its an actual refurb with a 90 day warranty. should be safe enough. id rather a refurb than open box, as refurbs are actually tested(i used to do it for a local store chain).
Alright thanks I just ordered it, hopefully it works out!

Still good money for a 1080p, 1260 cpu (3,300/17,000 passmark cpu), 15 inch laptop.

1tb of nvme 4 and touchscreen is nice and can make it worth it, if you are to use it (and have any use for it for the ssd)

For the same price, you can have an new Dell Inspiron at Costco:
https://www.costco.com/dell-inspiron-16"-touchscreen-laptop---12th-gen-intel-core-i7-1260p---1920-x-1200---geforce-mx570.product.4000043392.html

16 inch1200p instead of 15.6 inch 1080p which is a nice bonus, still touchscreen, still 1tb nvme and some Nvidia mx570 with its own vram for what it is worth and not nothing, superbe costco warranty and return policy.

Minus seem to have slower ram but not shared with the video card, maybe I am missing something with the LG gram cost that much, has it more thunderbolt port, much thinner ?

Last edited:
Consumerreports.org did a testing of all the different laptops and said the LG Gram was the best one. My girlfriend bought one 2 years ago and I was really impressed by the build quality. It seems like a very high quality build to me, I think consumer reports is right.

Back