Keep or not

• Keep X370 motherboard

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • Get new X570 motherboard

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

mosin40

n00b
So i have a x370 (Asus Strix) and just checked it supports the 3700x (through a bios update).
My concern is if i should keep it or get a x570 motherboard. If i keep it, i’d lose some features like pbo and xfr and maybe some memory support since qvl is quite old (2018) and hasn’t been updated.
If i go x570, i would sell the x370 mobo + the cpu i have (1600)

Try it on X370 - XFR and PBO might work.. (On some they do) If it doesn't run right then consider getting an X570... or maybe an MSI X470 Max board.

PBO is virtually useless on the x570 and probably the entire Ryzen 3000 series.

Check that out and if your CPU reaches anywhere near the "max clock tested" numbers, save your $200-$400

For the record, his numbers for the 3900x are exactly what I'm getting on my 3900x and x570 board. No changes at all to the boost clocks no matter how I configure PBO.

I would agree with others, not worth it, of course your call.
That is one of the best X370 boards made in terms of the vcore VRM. I think I read somewhere that the VRM may be better than the Crosshair VI hero.
X370-F has 6 x 60A IR3555 mosfets for vcore
Crosshair VI hero has 8 x 40A mosfets
I'm far from an expert, and I'm not sure you can just do the multiplication to get a total and then compare, but that is pretty much how I look at it. I think that at least it should give me a ballpark idea of how powerful the vcore vrm is.

I would keep it and see what happens. I'm keeping my X370 board and I'm going to put a 3900X or 3950X on it later this year.

Absolutely no point in going X570 if you have a prior generation chipset that has the power to support the new CPU's just fine. You'll be wasting your money. Further, it's not like X570 even enables better clocks or anything, and even if it somehow did, it would be so minimal that it still isn't worth it.

OC3D just did a video of X370 with 3600x and 3700x.

Spoiler: The difference between platforms are minimal.

You are going to be upgrading to x570 sooner or later (Look over the x470 vs x570 chipset diagram). So.. how sooner (or later) do you want to do it..?

If you are not pressed for time, then keep your feelers out on an x570 board you've been eying, & pull the trigger when you see it as a deal. How long do you plan to be on that rig/platform might be the deciding factor.

Everything attaches to your mobo, so I would upgrade.

You are going to be upgrading to x570 sooner or later (Look over the x470 vs x570 chipset diagram). So.. how sooner (or later) do you want to do it..?

If you are not pressed for time, then keep your feelers out on an x570 board you've been eying, & pull the trigger when you see it as a deal. How long do you plan to be on that rig/platform might be the deciding factor.

Everything attaches to your mobo, so I would upgrade.

In what world we he be needing to upgrade to X570? The only notable feature the X570 gives you is PCI-E 4.0, and the vast majority of people won't be needing that any time soon. By the time you do need it, the X570 will be at least a few years old at that point and AM4 likely won't even be used anymore anyways.

I just upgraded my CHVI Extreme with a 3800X and had no issues. PBO is supported and can be enabled in Ryzen Master or in the BIOS. The new BIOS adds that option. Unless you need PCIE Gen 4, I'd save the money.

I just upgraded my CHVI Extreme with a 3800X and had no issues. PBO is supported and can be enabled in Ryzen Master or in the BIOS. The new BIOS adds that option. Unless you need PCIE Gen 4, I'd save the money.
ASUS C6H with 3900x, newest bios 7302 woke up this board. Running 4 sticks of ram at 3733mhz 16-16-16-36. Plus PCIe 4 works fine and have no issues with it.

For thread starter, it might be smarter to try it, experiment and then figure out if you need to go update to another board.

3733memTest.jpg
Radeon 5700 XT Lisa Su running with PCIe 4x x16 on C6H, 3DMark PCI Express Bench:
http://www.3dmark.com/pcie/26830

Now I am contemplating on getting a PCIe 4 SSD for her.

Back