Should I just get a 4070Ti?

We should go by the rules not the exceptions, and just cause you can make the card closer in performance while also making it unstable with a chance to brick components doesn’t really mean all that much to me, Nvidia has a premium for a reason it seems to me as well as a strangle hold on the PC GPU market, even if I don’t necessarily like it because they are getting a little out of hand with their pricing.
Maybe a premium giggle, a one hit wonder with limitations and that would be a 4090. 4080 and down are not worth the Nvidia Tax for many. One should look at the games that excel and choose the best card for those games they will be playing or are interested in. It would be utterly stupid not to, if the games that you will play have no RT features, RT that works good with AMD hardware and maybe even strangely better or you care less then buy the hardware best suited for one's interest. Leave AMD/Nvidia/Intel out of the picture. No need to read any reviews if one is a shrill for a given company, why bother? Pick what is best for your usage. Laugh at those who think they know what is best for you.

Maybe a premium giggle, a one hit wonder with limitations and that would be a 4090. 4080 and down are not worth the Nvidia Tax for many. One should look at the games that excel and choose the best card for those games they will be playing or are interested in. It would be utterly stupid not to, if the games that you will play have no RT features, RT that works good with AMD hardware and maybe even strangely better or you care less then buy the hardware best suited for one's interest. Leave AMD/Nvidia/Intel out of the picture. No need to read any reviews if one is a shrill for a given company, why bother? Pick what is best for your usage. Laugh at those who think they know what is best for you.
I agree at the end of the day buy what is best for you, and what you like and be happy and enjoy it. That’s the most important thing at the end of the day. Trust me I wish Nvidia had more competition in the GPU space, it would only benefit us consumers more. 4090 is still undeniably the best performing card available today, regardless of price, that’s all I was saying, I’m not buying one.

Last edited:
The 4070 Ti seems too 'cut down' to me. Depending on the price, maybe it's an acceptable buy but here, it seems too expensive for what it is. If I was spending a lot of $$ on a card, I'd save up for a 7900 XT/XTX or even the 4080. I know that a lot of ppl are saying Nvidia 'cheaped' out on the VRAM - only the 4090 has a decent amount. That's a crappy move by Nvdia, too. How come AMD can put 20gb on their supposedly inferior cards? C'mon, Nvidia!!! Really?!?!?

The 4070 Ti seems too 'cut down' to me. Depending on the price, maybe it's an acceptable buy but here, it seems too expensive for what it is. If I was spending a lot of $$ on a card, I'd save up for a 7900 XT/XTX or even the 4080. I know that a lot of ppl are saying Nvidia 'cheaped' out on the VRAM - only the 4090 has a decent amount. That's a crappy move by Nvdia, too. How come AMD can put 20gb on their supposedly inferior cards? C'mon, Nvidia!!! Really?!?!?
Nvidia pulled an AMD with the 4070 Ti, they increased L2 cache and cut memory bus. It may seem "cut down" but that is what GPU manufacturers do with many of their cards with defective GPU chips, they figure ratio of defects to make lower tier cards with harvested dies. The GTX 285 had a whopping 521 bit bus, but he GTX 480 only had a 384 bit bus. Faster memory chips allow for narrower memory bus.

Due to memory channel design of 4070 Ti, they can only pick 12 or 24GB. AMD has different architecture so they may have alternate memory size configs. It may be that there options are 10 or 20, and they went with 20 for their high end cards. Furthermore, the 4070 Ti is really a 1440 product, not a 4K product unless playing older games and some newer games but you will have to make detail concessions in future games to play at 4K. the xx80/90 series cards are the 4K cards for future games, up to a point and then you will have to start lowering detail as with older halo cards like the 1080 Ti, etc. 4K isn't for the masses yet as it requires high dollar PC hardware to play at 4K. PC hardware is tricky because some less than top end hardware can do 4K, but maybe not satisfactorily.

xx50 cards 720/1080
xx60 cards 1080/1440 opportunistacally
xx70 cards 1440/4K opportunistically
xx80 cards 1440 (high framerate)/4K
xx90 cards 4K/8K opportunistcally

If you look at product stack that way, it solidly puts the 4070 Ti in the 1440 camp, with 4K opportunistically with current or older games. The memory situation was also an issue with 3000 generation because 8GB was not enough for 3070. I'm not a GPU engineer so I'm not going to complain. I'll buy what works best, and if it is an AMD product with more memory for 1440/4K, then so be it. Stop viewing Nvidia as the premium product and vote with your wallet. Nothing is perfect, ever. Money was so tight for me in 2017 (Also another crypt price boom period) I could only afford an RX 570 4GB, and it started running into memory limits somewhat quickly. I get that more memory is desireable, but companies want you to by the next greatest thing and keep throwing money at them.

Reactions: pavel
like this
hopefully Nvidia comes to their senses as far as pricing with the eventual 4080 Ti

Back