Should I hold out for the 8gb GTX970 or just get 4gb gtx970 on a black friday sale?

Kirika

Gawd
Should I hold out for the 8gb GTX 970 or just get a 4gb gtx970 on a black friday sale? Still not seeing an ETA on the 8gb GTX 970. Been hearing 8gb is a good idea because of the bad console ports and certain games eat alot of vram main one I want to play is Star Ctiizen. Not looking to go 4k any time soon but the HD 6950 is definately the weak point in my system. (see sig) Its ok if if I dial the settings back a little but has issues in some Final Fantasy 14 raids.

Is EVGA the vendor to go with stil for Nvidial? I heard about coilwine and issues with their 970s.

msi's, asus's, and gigabyte's cards are all better than evga's. 4 gb vs 8 gb depends on whether or not you would be content turning down textures to avoid stuttering.

star citizen won't be out for another two years .... so I wouldn't base any purchasing decisions around that.

if you're not playing anything demanding, I would wait until Q2 '15 to see what AMD has in store.

If you have to upgrade now, then I would just go with the GTX970 on black friday

The rumour is the 8gb variants will be announced late November or December. At this point, I'm waiting for the 8gb cards as 2015 will be a big year for new console ports and we're already seeing evidence of games having crazy VRAM recommendations.

It will be interesting to see what GTA V PC recommended system specs will be.

The rumour is the 8gb variants will be announced late November or December. At this point, I'm waiting for the 8gb cards as 2015 will be a big year for new console ports and we're already seeing evidence of games having crazy VRAM recommendations.

It will be interesting to see what GTA V PC recommended system specs will be.

GTA V is where i will spend years, and is also the reason why i personally am waiting for 8GB 980's.

Thanks for the replies.

Well lately I been playing Battlefield 4, Final Fantasy 14, and Mech Warrior Online. The old HD 6950 runs these ok managing to stay above 30 fps most of the time if I turn the settings down a bit at 1900x1200. Might get the new Borderlands Prequel if its on sale Black Friday. Looking forward to Division, Gran Thief Auto 5, Star Wars Battlefront and Star Citizen

I played FF14 for a bit, and a GTX 660Ti was more than enough for that game. As far as MWO goes, a 970 is definitely enough, and unless you're going to crazy resolutions, the extra VRAM won't help there. BF4... dunno. I don't play it. The last BF I played was BC2. Star Citizen... you'll probably upgrade again before it becomes an actual thing.

Back