Should I go with the BenQ G2400WD?

Gatecrasher3

Limp Gawd
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824014173

Alright, like a million other guys that seem to be walking around the [H] forms looking for the right 24" screen I am no different. I have just under $400 to spend on a new display and I am going to be using it for 25% office work, 25% multimedia work (Photoshop), 25% gaming and 25% movies. So my new screen is going to need to rather good at doing many things. And it seems that the BenQ 2400WD seems to have everything I am looking for, but I could be wrong. After reading the [H] forums reviews it seems to be good for gaming and good for office work, but not great for either (bad lag for gaming).

Anyways any suggestions are welcomed so please give me your 2 cents.
Thanks.

Input Lag isn't a concern with this screen. With AMA (overdrive) on there will be reverse ghosting, otherwise, it's what you'd expect from a TN regarding gaming @ 60Hz. Movie/Game/Office it's fine. I can't vouch for color accuracy though. "Looks" fine to me with defaults. Someone else I suppose. :p

BenQ is running a bundle promo G2400WD + Ergotron arm only $408 if you use promo code only $369
or you can buy G2400WD alone for $359 from BenQ store. Nice price and better return policy.

I don't have G2400WD but I picked my FP241VW from BenQ store and just love it!

I have a V2400W, which is pretty much the same thing as the G2400WD. I would highly recommend it. It is quite a nice monitor for gaming.

is the v2400w worth the extra 40 bucks over the g2400wd? is it just the better looks of the v2400w that makes it more money?

I guess the look and ID design might be the key reasons to charge $40 more. After all, "the world slimmest 24" " title deserves some money.

I own V2400W. TO be honest, I did pick it over G2400WD mainly because of the look.

I think their panel is the same, but some people are just willing to pay more for the design :) But the premium isn't that large :)

Back