Should I give up on Dell 2007WFP? Stuck pixel issue.

wing0

n00b
I ordered this off the deal of the day for $329 CAD which seems like a great deal for this monitor.

First one I got, stuck red pixel in the middle area of the monitor....great...looks like I gotta get an exchange....

Yesterday I picked up the second one(courier always ship to my house when everybody's at work so I end up having to drive 15-20mins to go to the depot just to pick it up).

This one? blue stuck pixel in the middle portion of the monitor, lower in respect to the other one. I'm not a big believer of having a bad luck streak or even...getting another new one that has green stuck pixel.....

I've tried undeadpixel, jscreenfix, massaging, rubbing, using a pen and apply pressure to the point while turning the monitor on. They all don't work on both...(i've had my system on for past day with the software running).

What's the probability of me getting another new one that has stuck pixel? :rolleyes:
Now I gotta drop two monitors off at UPS, drive to depot to pick up another one...

How many of you who bought the 2007WFP have had to exchange twice before getting a good panel. I mean, it's been 2 weeks now and I still haven't set my monitor up properly on the table because i know I'm not going to keep this one. :(

Note: I find it all a waste too, since both of these are SIPS(In Canada, I think we get SIPS 99% of the time), but just based on the record. It seems SIPS workmanship just isn't there?

3rd monitor...
another stuck pixel again...this time appearing to be pinkish on light background...
totally given up on Dell...

Strange that you've had so many with dead pixels. I just got one a few days ago and it looks great with no noticeable dead pixels. I haven't used any programs to see if there are any though.

Maybe you're just really unlucky or better at noticing them...or I'm just really lucky.

I have 5 more days until my 30 days guarantee ends.
I also noticed when i bring up the service menu(the one that shows u the panel information)
The time used says 97 hrs.
I got this monitor last Fri....and i calculated the time i used it, even giving 48 hrs full use during weekend(which i turned off for sure when i went to sleep). I only come up with 62 hrs...
So technically I'm missing 35 hrs somewhere...
Does this mean, this could have been a refurb? It came in a brand new box though and I was assured that any exchanged made during the first 30 days are all new. Well....3 monitors later, I still have my original stuck pixel problem....

As long as the monitor has power it will accumulate hours on the service menu. Even if the power button is turned off or it is standby mode.

As long as the monitor has power it will accumulate hours on the service menu. Even if the power button is turned off or it is standby mode.

Good to know then...
*sigh*

Should I even try a 4th monitor...I checked this 3rd one on the first day. I can say, there was not a single stuck pixel until today I was curious and turned on undeadpixel one last time before I send the 2nd one by UPS.

I have 3 choices:

1. Keep 2nd monitor which has no problem except when there is black background, then the blue subpixel shows(i guess it can't turn off for some reason).
2. Keep 3rd monitor which has light pinkish pixel in white/grey, green, yellow backgrounds.
3. Ask for the last exchange before any more exchange becomes refurb unit or no ability to get refund.

If you can try again and still be able to refund then I'd go that route. If you can't then I guess with your luck i'd just get a refund.

Given how many people here have 2007wfp monitors, you'd think more people would be complaining about stuck/dead pixels if it was a common problem. it would definitely suck to have to keep messing with returning monitors as much as you seem to be doing thoug but can't accept bad quality when paying so much.

Yes...that's exactly what I'm thinking.
I'll give customercare a call tomorrow and request another exchange with a note that if the 4th monitor still exhibit similar problem. I will demand a full refund and just go with samsung or something.

After all the trouble they have given you ask them to upgrade you to a 2407WFP for free lol.

Worth a shot

guys, stuck pixels are not a death sentence (dead pixels are). there are a ton of things you can do to fix a stuck pixel. i have been able to correct all the stuck pixels i have ever encountered and this page helps a ton. before you return any more monitors, check out this wikihow page

http://www.wikihow.com/Fix-a-Stuck-Pixel-on-an-LCD-Monitor

East

I've been reading up on how to fix stuck pixel since I got my 1st monitor...
I have undeadpixel, jscreenfix, psp pixel fix problem. I'm actually running jscreenfix right now on that spot. I've already tried massage for 2 mins and tapping it doesn't help...

yikes i could have sworn i didnt see any of that in your post...sorry for the redundancy

all i can say is that, in my experience, the tapping method usually works. good luck man :/

3rd exchange...
they gave me 5 more days towards my period so that if for some SPECIAL:mad: reason there's also a problem with the 4th monitor. I can request a refund...

pray for me...

OP,

You seem to have terrible luck with Dell. I got two 2007WFPs from Dell and they arrived in perfect condition. No dead pixels and uniform lighting :).

Even the lady on the phone couldn't believe it. The only pattern that I can see with all these monitors is that they were all delivered by purolator....but it's not like there are rough roads around my area at all....or maybe they throw it :eek:

Even the lady on the phone couldn't believe it. The only pattern that I can see with all these monitors is that they were all delivered by purolator....but it's not like there are rough roads around my area at all....or maybe they throw it :eek:

It's probably just bad luck. Mine were delivered by Purolator and everything turned out to be fine.

3rd exchange...
they gave me 5 more days towards my period so that if for some SPECIAL:mad: reason there's also a problem with the 4th monitor. I can request a refund...

pray for me...

I've gotten a couple of refurbs from Dell as RMA for my 2005WFP. Being they were refurbs, dead pixel chance was HIGH. Anyways, 2 2005WFP. 3 stuck pixels each. 2 2007WFP, one 2007WFP had 3 stuck pixels and has a SPVA panel. Exchanged it for the second 2007 which has a SIPS panel and only 1 stuck pixel.

To be honest though on all of the monitors, I couldn't notice the stuck pixels unless I was running a pixel stuck program. They only occur on black backgrounds and only when I'm staring directly at them. When if I'm off angle by a couple of degrees, I can't really see it (kind of flickets).

Anyways I stuck with the last one since it was a SIPS and only had 1 stuck pixel.

Moral of the story, pick one before your refund period is up. Btw they're very good to let you exchange it, you realize their stuck/dead pixel policy is 7 pixels and up eh? Most companies would tell you are SOL for having 1 stuck pixel.

Exactly why I'm not going to run a stuck pixel program. If I don't notice it then I don't want to know it's there because then it would bug me.

I've gotten a couple of refurbs from Dell as RMA for my 2005WFP. Being they were refurbs, dead pixel chance was HIGH. Anyways, 2 2005WFP. 3 stuck pixels each. 2 2007WFP, one 2007WFP had 3 stuck pixels and has a SPVA panel. Exchanged it for the second 2007 which has a SIPS panel and only 1 stuck pixel.

To be honest though on all of the monitors, I couldn't notice the stuck pixels unless I was running a pixel stuck program. They only occur on black backgrounds and only when I'm staring directly at them. When if I'm off angle by a couple of degrees, I can't really see it (kind of flickets).

Anyways I stuck with the last one since it was a SIPS and only had 1 stuck pixel.

Moral of the story, pick one before your refund period is up. Btw they're very good to let you exchange it, you realize their stuck/dead pixel policy is 7 pixels and up eh? Most companies would tell you are SOL for having 1 stuck pixel.

Totally understand what u mean...
Just funny most of my friends who got their first 2007wfp, have perfect panels lol
I'll be sure to check this one(last one for me) and just make a decision...

It's just most people on here post a lot of good stuff about this(at least for the price) and I didn't see as many people have problem with stuck pixel on this particular model...hence I wanted to ask and really get the truth out.

Totally understand what u mean...
Just funny most of my friends who got their first 2007wfp, have perfect panels lol
I'll be sure to check this one(last one for me) and just make a decision...

It's just most people on here post a lot of good stuff about this(at least for the price) and I didn't see as many people have problem with stuck pixel on this particular model...hence I wanted to ask and really get the truth out.

Yeah its quite frustrating. Actually my 2005FWP didn't have any stuck/dead pixels and my new 2407WFP looks great as well!

At least you got a SIPS panel, the real reason I swapped the other panels was because it was a SPVA and its a HUGE difference. The SIPS is much sharper. At first I didn't realize until I hooked up my 2407 (which I think is SIPS) and was much sharper. Then when I got the new 2007 I compared them side by side and wow..

wing0 said:
Stuck pixels are common on S-IPS panels. I don't like to mention this because people that don't notice them or are lucky enough not to get any always refute this, but I'm tired of people of blaming it on bad luck. Getting three bad displays in a row is not bad luck. It's bad manufacturing.

man... I guess I am not the only one out there who need to rma for the second time...

Stuck pixels are common on S-IPS panels. I don't like to mention this because people that don't notice them or are lucky enough not to get any always refute this, but I'm tired of people of blaming it on bad luck. Getting three bad displays in a row is not bad luck. It's bad manufacturing.

Well I can assure you that I'm not lying. Both my 2007WFPs have been tested thoroughly for dead and stuck pixels. Mine came out perfectly. Who knows, maybe it was bad luck for Wing0.

Back