Should I give it more time?

PCduster

Limp Gawd
I recently bought a Lian Li Tu200 case from another member. It arrived with a broken bezel due, at least in some part, to the seller not securing it properly for shipment.

Here is the PM I sent him:

lKrAu.png

I waited four days and have since sent another PM and emailed him twice without getting any response. He was last on [H] yesterday, but I obviously don't know if he saw my PM or not.

I sent an email today stating:

1. I sent you a PM within an hour and 15 minutes of the package being delivered (or approx 20 minutes after I opened it) notifying you something broke in transit.
2. You had said you would leave heatware when the package was delivered.
3. You were last see on Hardforum on the 19th, until the 24th.
4. You have not responded to my email or PMs.
5. I will open a paypal dispute 24 hours from now, Noon Eastern on the 26th, if I don't hear back from you.

I know it sounds a little Hollywood, but I wanted to be clear that I am trying to solve this and getting nowhere.

The way I see it, there was no followup(which probably would have solved all the things) and I really don't want to dick around with this and draw it out into a month long back and forth over 20 bucks. Should I give it more time for the PayPal dispute or get the ball rolling so that I can get his attention?

For me, no communication is an instant dispute .....I'm willing to work with people to try and make things right, but ignore me and its all over. ..Ive been doing this shit too long to play games with anyone.

4 days is 2 days more than I would have waited.

File the dispute now like Crosshairs said. You will only hurt yourself by waiting and it's often the perfect catalyst for communication to resume again. If he resumes contact AND fixes the problem then just close the dispute without escalating it and it's like it never happened. DO NOT CLOSE IT until it is FIXED though.

Thank you both. Yea, I will go ahead and file it if I hear nothing before noon tomorrow.

Sometimes I just want to make sure I am not losing perspective on things, thanks for the confirmation.

^^^ What Crosshairs said. If you are going to sell, follow it through. GL

Like others have said file the dispute. The guy logged into his [H] account since you pm'ed about the situation so he most likely knows what is going on and is ignoring you.

Update, got an email yesterday before my deadline. He offered to pay for the replacement to settle things.

I'd still open that dispute. If it gets resolved then great you just close it like it never happened but waiting can only hurt you and help him.

Back