Should i get PNY or Asus 1060

The PNY will probably cool better seeing how it has two fans, although the Asus would be better if you're putting it in a small form factor case. Both should perform about the same. I believe Asus has a better RMA service, although I have never had to RMA anything Asus before. PNY's service I'm not so sure about...

The PNY will probably cool better seeing how it has two fans, although the Asus would be better if you're putting it in a small form factor case. Both should perform about the same. I believe Asus has a better RMA service, although I have never had to RMA anything Asus before. PNY's service I'm not so sure about...
i have s340 nzxt case, is r9 fury better than gtx 1060?

Last edited:
The R9 Fury is about the same as a 980 (give or take a couple of frames here and there depending on the games). The 1060 is approximately the same as a 980. However, I believe that the R9 Fury would be better in DX12 games, so take that for what's it's worth (a handful of games that support DX12 at the moment). Personally I would get the Fury, all things being equal. But that's because I like to support the underdog. Nvdia has too much money and is being a bit monopolistic (seriously a "founder edition"/reference card that cost more than the MSRP?) at the moment, and that worries me.

Look into getting either EVGA or MSI. Don't bother with Asus because of their horrible rma service, and PNY is not really that popular anyway. First choice for me would be EVGA, then MSI, then Gigabyte I guess.

The R9 Fury is about the same as a 980 (give or take a couple of frames here and there depending on the games). The 1060 is approximately the same as a 980. However, I believe that the R9 Fury would be better in DX12 games, so take that for what's it's worth (a handful of games that support DX12 at the moment). Personally I would get the Fury, all things being equal. But that's because I like to support the underdog. Nvdia has too much money and is being a bit monopolistic (seriously a "founder edition"/reference card that cost more than the MSRP?) at the moment, and that worries me.
i got the Fury

I believe Asus has a better RMA service, although I have never had to RMA anything Asus before.

Asus have the worse RMA Service in the whole industry.. they make great things, amazing hardware, things that last forever (specially in the motherboard segments) but everyone that buy Asus know that once an Asus component Fail you have to buy another one or fight for months with Asus RMA department which also charge for everything even smallest issues.

You can get a 6pin to 8pin adapter if the card doesn't already come with one.
how about 8 pin to 2 8pin
(i just bought the fury, and my psu have 870W(1 6pin and 1 8pin).And i bought a 8pin to 2 8pin, and when i plug that in, the PC wouldn't start.

875, in alienware aroura r1

Yikes, that psu is a multi rail unit and it isn't readily specified where each rail goes. Hmm, you'd have to find the rail schematic. You're going to need to feed each pcie plug of the Fury 150w of power. And to do that you'll need to know which two rails to use. Even if you had two 8 pin plugs, they would be useless if they were on the same rail. Best bet is to use the 1 8pin pcie plug and get a two molex to 1 8pin pcie adapter.

Alienware Aurora Power Supply Unit - Alienware Forum - Alienware Club - Dell Community

Yikes, that psu is a multi rail unit and it isn't readily specified where each rail goes. Hmm, you'd have to find the rail schematic. You're going to need to feed each pcie plug of the Fury 150w of power. And to do that you'll need to know which two rails to use. Even if you had two 8 pin plugs, they would be useless if they were on the same rail. Best bet is to use the 1 8pin pcie plug and get a two molex to 1 8pin pcie adapter.

Alienware Aurora Power Supply Unit - Alienware Forum - Alienware Club - Dell Community
im gonna go with molex option, thanks for helping

Back