Should I get Black OPS 4 on PC or on the console ?

Topic

• PC

Votes: 23 85.2%
  • Console

Votes: 4 14.8%

• Total voters

Subzerok11

Gawd
series due to having a bigger player base. Second thing to consider is the possible cheating/hacking on the PC side of things. But the game being on blizzard's servers does that mean blizzard will take care of these cheaters right away or is that still up to the dev's of the game ?

Well as much as I like PC, CoD games have not always fared very well for long on PC.
That is by design. After owning several of their earlier titles I learned that CoD was just a continuing rehash of previous titles and had no real interest in dealing with cheaters, lame server options etc.

I personally never understood the console love considering there have always been some form of actual computer for about the same amount of money. In my day it was Atari 2600 or a Commodore 64.

I wouldn't waste my money on a franchise that can't learn lessons from the past.

I pondered this myself for a long time and decided to go PS4. From what I've heard the PC version is doing good right now, but undoubtedly the player count will still be far less than that of PS4. It might be fine right now on PC, but in 3 months you can expect it to die down considerably where finding games outside of Blackout or TDM will be difficult if not impossible. If it was a $19.99 game or something, I'd still be OK wth that. For $60+ though, I want to make sure I get the most value/play time out of it that I can. On PS4 the sheer number of players means even months from now you will have no problem playing any mode you want.

On top of that you have a vastly higher likelihood of running into hackers on PC. Apparently BlOps4 on PC does NOT use "Warden," the Blizzard anti-cheat system that's in Overwatch (or so I've read.)

I pondered this myself for a long time and decided to go PS4. From what I've heard the PC version is doing good right now, but undoubtedly the player count will still be far less than that of PS4. It might be fine right now on PC, but in 3 months you can expect it to die down considerably where finding games outside of Blackout or TDM will be difficult if not impossible. If it was a $19.99 game or something, I'd still be OK wth that. For $60+ though, I want to make sure I get the most value/play time out of it that I can. On PS4 the sheer number of players means even months from now you will have no problem playing any mode you want.

On top of that you have a vastly higher likelihood of running into hackers on PC. Apparently BlOps4 on PC does NOT use "Warden," the Blizzard anti-cheat system that's in Overwatch (or so I've read.)

Really I didn't know about the Warden thing. Console definitely then.

That is by design. After owning several of their earlier titles I learned that CoD was just a continuing rehash of previous titles and had no real interest in dealing with cheaters, lame server options etc.

I personally never understood the console love considering there have always been some form of actual computer for about the same amount of money. In my day it was Atari 2600 or a Commodore 64.

I wouldn't waste my money on a franchise that can't learn lessons from the past.

Just sounds like your a console hater, I just like having both PC and console. Not sure if you been keeping track but BOPS4 is the real winner on all platforms very good reviews. Check out the video reviews of the blackout mode aka battle royale mode, looks so friggin awsome and fun.

Son, you're not building a $500 PC end to end that runs 30FPS 4k on HDMI.

Consoles are popular for a reason, they have always trumped PC gaming and always will, plug and play + value.

I recommend buying COD on console if you want to play multiplayer, if you want to play blackout buy it on PC.

Son, you're not building a $500 PC end to end that runs 30FPS 4k on HDMI.

Consoles are popular for a reason, they have always trumped PC gaming and always will, plug and play + value.

I recommend buying COD on console if you want to play multiplayer, if you want to play blackout buy it on PC.
You aren't my dad. No need to call me son. No one said anything about building a $500 PC. Stay in school. Reading comprehension is fundamental.

Well, I think there's less cheaters on console so that's a plus (at least I never played against someone I thought was on console and still managed after some time to do very nice scores).
Aim assist reduce the gap between top and lower players however, the matchmaking on console is stupid (Is it the same on PC? Never played COD on PC, played CS in my youth)

Then, there's the KBM vs Controller question... and what version your friends play ?
I would buy the version my friends play but still wish PS4 would support KBM plug & play.

You aren't my dad. No need to call me son. No one said anything about building a $500 PC. Stay in school. Reading comprehension is fundamental.
Son, when you stop contradicting yourself, I might actually give you some credit.

Son, when you stop contradicting yourself, I might actually give you some credit.
Look Sister, why don't you do yourself a favor and google the price of the 2 machines I quoted you. I don't give 2 shits about the fact you can't build a PC for $400 that will play games as that sounds like a personal problem.

I don't need your credit, I use cash.

Look Sister, why don't you do yourself a favor and google the price of the 2 machines I quoted you. I don't give 2 shits about the fact you can't build a PC for $400 that will play games as that sounds like a personal problem.

I don't need your credit, I use cash.

Son, your argument was not understanding why people buy consoles over PCs, I gave you the answer. Even if you try to come at me with astrophysics you are still not going to save yourself.

I bought it on the PC, mainly for the mouse and keyboard. Also, most of my friends are on the pc. There's also less cheating on the pc in my experience. That and the console community is a bit urban for my tastes.

I bought it on the PC, mainly for the mouse and keyboard. Also, most of my friends are on the pc. There's also less cheating on the pc in my experience. That and the console community is a bit urban for my tastes.

What makes you say that PC has less cheating?

If it’s a shooter and PC is an option then always PC. Controllers don’t hold a candle to mouse and keyboard for shooters.

Just going to leave this here.

Eh... The XIM is nice, but videos like this are significantly misleading.

I use a XIM. The fact is, my kdr on the console is barely above 1 (by like 3 kills). On the PC? 1.79. And I don't mean that stupid EKDR, which now adds assists and kills to present a fake narrative of how good you are. There's a direct kills, and that's what I use for calculating my true kdr.

The fact is, his video is heavily edited, and he uses cheap weapons. Guess what? I've had games I gone 34/2 in TDM, and I could edit a video to make it look like I'm better than I really am. And there are many games I have a sub 1.0 kdr on the console.

It's about comfort level. Most people in my opinion vastly overstate the power of the XIM. It doesn't feel like a mouse at all, even after massive tweaks to the curves. You either sacrifice quick turns, or precise control. You can't have it all.

Then throw in the lag and the terrible spawn points...

As for which he should get? I'm going to go with the group that says console, because in a couple months, the PC will be limited to blackout and TDM.

Eh... The XIM is nice, but videos like this are significantly misleading.

I use a XIM. The fact is, my kdr on the console is barely above 1 (by like 3 kills). On the PC? 1.79. And I don't mean that stupid EKDR, which now adds assists and kills to present a fake narrative of how good you are. There's a direct kills, and that's what I use for calculating my true kdr.

The fact is, his video is heavily edited, and he uses cheap weapons. Guess what? I've had games I gone 34/2 in TDM, and I could edit a video to make it look like I'm better than I really am. And there are many games I have a sub 1.0 kdr on the console.

It's about comfort level. Most people in my opinion vastly overstate the power of the XIM. It doesn't feel like a mouse at all, even after massive tweaks to the curves. You either sacrifice quick turns, or precise control. You can't have it all.

Then throw in the lag and the terrible spawn points...

As for which he should get? I'm going to go with the group that says console, because in a couple months, the PC will be limited to blackout and TDM.

So you used xim on console and the way that it's made it just doesn't give you the advantage that some people might think it gives you ?

Does that go pretty much the same for both Xbox one and Playstation 4 ?

Last edited:
Just going to leave this here.

Son your dirty consoles have ruined multiplayer gaming for the rest of us. Don't believe me? Back in my day I frequented CS 1.6 servers with a tickrate of 100. And son, let me tell you, it was good. Thanks to the weak hardware in cheap consoles and the low-expectations of the unwashed console masses, many years later a modern FPS has servers with a tickrate of 20... not 220, not 120, but 20. That's barely even playable. Maybe if it were a turn-based strategy game, but a FPS?!

Thanks son.

This is why we need cross platform multiplayer in everything so we don't need to ponder these questions.

I wonder if they could ever pull that off with any semblance of balance. Having spent plenty of time with both PC and console version of CoD, the difference in player accuracy is night and day. On PC if you get caught out in the open you ARE dead, no ifs ands or buts. On console you have a chance getting away. It's just a very different experience. That being said, I know some people have amazing skills with a controller, and if they kept the controller aids available that are on console, it might actually be workable... but I think for the vast majority of players on controllers, it would mean getting schooled constantly.

I wonder if they could ever pull that off with any semblance of balance. Having spent plenty of time with both PC and console version of CoD, the difference in player accuracy is night and day. On PC if you get caught out in the open you ARE dead, no ifs ands or buts. On console you have a chance getting away. It's just a very different experience. That being said, I know some people have amazing skills with a controller, and if they kept the controller aids available that are on console, it might actually be workable... but I think for the vast majority of players on controllers, it would mean getting schooled constantly.
Provide the option to be matched with players using the same input device.

So you used xim on console and the way that it's made it just doesn't give you the advantage that some people might think it gives you ?

Does that go pretty much the same for both Xbox one and Playstation 4 ?

It becomes glaringly obvious in most threads about XIM users being cheaters that they've never actually used one, and similar to cheat accusations on the PC, they're mainly upset at not being as good as they think they are, because accusations far outweigh people who use them. Sadly, because of the paranoia, you'll also have the trolls who say, see, I bought a XIM, and now my KDR is 99.8! If you can look past them though, you'll find the vast majority of XIM users fall into being just average players where no one would suspect anything.

After using a XIM for awhile, my KDR is almost always higher on the PC, against other kbm users, as well as aimbots and other cheaters, than it is on the console, facing primarily gamepad users. And the same is true for multiple people I've talked to on the forums who also have a XIM.

Don't think of the XIM as a mouse and keyboard on the console. Think of it sort of like the hybrid, and it plays as such. Even with the best curves, it's not going to feel the same.

Remember, when it comes to mouse and keyboard, you probably have thousands of hours of practice with it with muscle memory built around that. The XIM, even with the best curves, feels different. It's much slower, and significantly less precise, due to the limitation of the analog stick, and having to emulate the analog stick.

A far bigger issue to your kdr is the awful network code that's existed in CoD for years.

Provide the option to be matched with players using the same input device.

But then doesn't that kind of defeat the whole purpose of cross-platform? 99% of console players will be using controllers, 99% of PC players will be using keyboard and mouse.

Son your dirty consoles have ruined multiplayer gaming for the rest of us. Don't believe me? Back in my day I frequented CS 1.6 servers with a tickrate of 100. And son, let me tell you, it was good. Thanks to the weak hardware in cheap consoles and the low-expectations of the unwashed console masses, many years later a modern FPS has servers with a tickrate of 20... not 220, not 120, but 20. That's barely even playable. Maybe if it were a turn-based strategy game, but a FPS?!

Thanks son.

Son, you're 100% correct, my Nintendo Classic has been holding PC gaming back for decades.

But then doesn't that kind of defeat the whole purpose of cross-platform? 99% of console players will be using controllers, 99% of PC players will be using keyboard and mouse.

KBM vs gamepad no aim assist I'd say would be a fair argument. But those days are long over. Plus, as I mentioned earlier, most of us have thousands of hours using a keyboard and mouse. Remember when you got your first typewriter or computer, and were hunting and pecking? Remember when you got you first mouse? Even clicking on icons on your desktop trains you how to use one. The analog sticks on a gamepad haven't existed for nearly as long, and even on consoles, are barely used outside of FPSs for precision movement. We're only now starting to see people who've grown up with them. And with aim assist, it's fairly close. There's a reason why on the PC forums, you see tons of people complain about gamepads with aim assist being close to cheating, even though the keyboard and mouse are the better device...

Realistically though, neither are going to provide that much of an advantage compared to if you land on the right side of the network code.

I would say this is more indicative of my average game.

https://imgur.com/n3qf6Ob

A few things. My first shot is the one that takes him down to nearly almost no health. Every other shot past that, fails to hit him, even though my crosshairs are right on him.

Second, if you look at the kill cam after, he had roughly 3 seconds of shooting at me before I died. From my perspective, he had roughly 2 seconds of shooting at me before I died.

Last edited:
You are making the points I basically just made lol, I was replying to Armenius' idea that the controller and KB/M players would be separated in a cross-platform system.

And I'd agree that most people wouldn't even notice should you merge all the platforms into one. But I don't think the difference is night and day like you stated in a prior post. And I feel this is one area that people keep repeating what was once a truth in gaming, but in today's climate, is more of a myth than a truth.

The main difference I notice is how people play on the PC vs the console. Everyone seems to Rambo on the PC, i.e. they all go their own ways. On the console, everyone clusters together. Both are inherently flawed, as neither works like a team. You go against a team that actually works together and flanks, and those are the games it ends up 10-75.

But the overall thought is what you mentioned above. People are so afraid that the kbm will destroy the gamepad users, and this mindset is even driven into the developers, that nobody ever dare tries. The few times someone has tried, they take Armenius's approach, and require an opt-in approach, which of course, no one ever does.

And I'd love to finally be able to drop the XIM and use a real keyboard and mouse. And at the same time, I'd love to just buy the PC version, where the game won't have fewer than 10k people a month after release, limited to TDM.

Activision though certainly won't be the company to try this.

Agreed, I just want to see someone try a forced cross-platform system in something like CoD. At least we'd have some hard data on how it works.
It would be a great time for PC users if that happened without input device segregation. Go watch some youtube clips from top-level FPS gamers on console - maybe I'm better than I give myself credit for, but I think they'd get eaten alive by a middling KB+Mouse user. There's a reason plenty of console games have aim-assist as an option, and it's not because controllers are suited to moving and aiming simultaneously.

It would be a great time for PC users if that happened without input device segregation. Go watch some youtube clips from top-level FPS gamers on console - maybe I'm better than I give myself credit for, but I think they'd get eaten alive by a middling KB+Mouse user. There's a reason plenty of console games have aim-assist as an option, and it's not because controllers are suited to moving and aiming simultaneously.

Right, but the aim-assist and other handicaps would still be there (optionally, just like on console) to help close the gap. I think it's a fair point to make that those assists could make the gap closer than we might think. I tend to agree with you, but I have seen controller "pros" do some amazing shit. And ultimately neither of us can say for sure until someone actually tries this.

Microsoft just released an Xbox One update for insiders that includes keyboard and mouse support. Warframe is the only game I've seen so far to support it.

Back