Should I exchange? N3060 to N3700

SpongeBob

The Contraceptive Under the Sea
My current laptop is a 14" n3060 with 2gb ram, 64gb onboard solid-state. I could return it spend $50 more and get a 15" ick but N3700 4gb 500gb HDD. I feel like the 2gb of ram is holding me back, after having tabs open I have to restart the laptop every cpl days. But will the N3700 laptop be worth the upgrade being that it doesn't have a ssd might feel slow. That extra 2gb of ram...
http://m.costco.ca/CompareProductsD...ptops.html?sortBy=PriceMin|0&refine=31461+204
I will say battery life with the 3060 is great not sure about quad with mechanical drive. Also no I cannot upgrade the RAM on my current laptop.

Those 2GB dual-core laptops are so friggin slow. My dad got one a while back because it was cheap and I just upgraded him to a $299 Acer with 4GB of RAM and an i3 and it is so much faster its almost silly. I would expect a lot better performance even moving up to the 4GB/4C N3700 system.

Overall I like this laptop 14" is a perfect size, it's light and there's no fan. The other unit looks like there's a fan seeing as there's vents I'm hoping the screen is better. I was wrong on the specs the laptop has a N3710 the unit in the comparison has a N3050 but mine has a 3060. The goofy thing I would say is that 1366x768 I can see all the little pixel squares close up kinda surprised seeing as my 10 year old macbook has a nicer screen. Monitor tech is so far behind to keep things cheap. I think I'll exchange this and whatever maybe within 90 days they'll get a better unit in I can upgrade to. I'm kinda leary about HP products this Acer has been good.

If it really doesn't bother you I'd save the money, but I think you'll be happy if you upgrade. My old man isn't a tech savvy kind of guy (he can find the power button and thats about the extent of it), but even he said the dual-core celery was too slow and he was coming from a Turion X2 from 2005 (big difference there was 4GB of RAM again).

Yeah I'm pretty sure you're right, I think on average in win10 here my free memory is typically sitting around 70%+ in use so I'm sure the the extra 2gb will be a big plus. I was looking at cpuboss and such but it really wasn't explaining much. Besides the extra 2 extra cores does the Pentium offer any other performance bonuses?

Last edited:
Yeah I'm pretty sure you're right, I think on average in win10 here my free memory is typically sitting around 70%+ in use so I'm sure the the extra 2gb will be a big plus. I was looking at cpuboss and such but it really wasn't explaining much. Besides the extra 2 extra cores does the Pentium offer any other performance bonuses?

The quad has a slightly faster graphics core built in, but basically it is the 3060x2.

I will say there is a noticeable difference so far, im thinking that extra ram really helps.

Scrolling through things like Facebook or Netflix or typing in a browser field is a little laggy what can I turn off in Windows to speed those things up?

Last edited:
I will say there is a noticeable difference so far, im thinking that extra ram really helps.

Scrolling through things like Facebook or Netflix or typing in a browser field is a little laggy what can I turn off in Windows to speed those things up?

You went ahead and exchanged it? On the lower end laptops I use I always do a fresh clean install of Windows 10 and just install the very basics to keep the bloatware off. Also things like making sure all the background apps are off, etc. Seems to help a lot. Although I think a lot of the slowness you see with those is because of the HDD, I exchanged the one in my Acer for a 120GB SSD I have had for a couple of years and it really made it nice to use daily.

Yeah I thought the HDD would make it feel slow but overall it's a good upgrade. I also prefer the HP glossy screen over the matte Acer. Just hate the keyboard with the number keys on the side the Acer had a better keyboard setup. Overall I'm happy with the upgrade. Just trying to figure out how to speed things up like scrolling through sites.

Back