Should I cancel my Newegg order

Killa|3yte

2[H]4U
Hey folks, I just ordered my dream system from Newegg last night, ended up going for the 2x MSI 8800GTX OC ($499, $40 rebate). Since Newegg is down for the weekend, my order hasn't progressed and I can still cancel it. I know the current 8 series is rumored to be replaced, should I stick with my guns, or cancel my order, wait a week and see what happens?

Hey folks, I just ordered my dream system from Newegg last night, ended up going for the 2x MSI 8800GTX OC ($499, $40 rebate). Since Newegg is down for the weekend, my order hasn't progressed and I can still cancel it. I know the current 8 series is rumored to be replaced, should I stick with my guns, or cancel my order, wait a week and see what happens?

Cancel the order and wait a week, the 8800GT (G92) is worth it, while costing you half as much :). In fact, you should be able to grab it tomorrow ;).

er ...ok the vote seems unanimous...i'm going to hop in the shower and check back to see if it gets even more unanimous :p then i'll prolly cancel

The GT isn't as good as the GTX, and won't be its behind the GTX in specs, but you might go and buy 2 GTXs then a new GTS/GTX replacement could come out and destroy everything the GTX offers.

+1 for cancel and go for SLI 8800 GT. Yes the GTX is faster... but only by a hair from the benches I've seen so far and the GT is half the price. The previous sentence is just IMHO and I honestly am waiting for more benches before I come to a frim conclusion about where the GT sits in the scheme of things.

The GT isn't as good as the GTX, and won't be its behind the GTX in specs, but you might go and buy 2 GTXs then a new GTS/GTX replacement could come out and destroy everything the GTX offers.

It's only faster by 2-5% depending on the game ;), it's basically the same for all intents and purposes.

I'd say cancel. I was about to pull the trigger on a GTX but this new card seems to be almost equal for half the price. 2 8800GT cards in SLI will probably blow a single GTX away.

Hold for 8800GT. They'll be reviewed nest week and should be available to buy in mid-November.

I'd say cancel. I was about to pull the trigger on a GTX but this new card seems to be almost equal for half the price. 2 8800GT cards in SLI will probably blow a single GTX away.

Hold for 8800GT. They'll be reviewed nest week and should be available to buy in mid-November.

They've already been reviewed by Tweaktown: http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/1210/msi_geforce_nx8800gt_512mb_graphics_card/index.html and EXPreview (a chinese site) http://topic.expreview.com/2007-10-23/1193114539d6255.html, performance is nearly identical between the GT and the GTX :D.

It might be as good if not better than GTX. I don't know how cool it is to blow out $1,1K on cards that can't even maxed out Crysis?

That tweaktown review seems 100% fishy to me. Theys said they tested under load and a 2900XT only hit 62C? An 8800GTS 320MB only hit high 50's? Eh...

That tweaktown review seems 100% fishy to me. Theys said they tested under load and a 2900XT only hit 62C? An 8800GTS 320MB only hit high 50's? Eh...
My 8800GTS 320MB before i started overclocking it like insane loaded at 52C

Mmmmm...

Newegg... not available yet but soon! Enemy Territory: Quake Wars included... I like the box, very good color scheme.

14-130-303-02.jpg

just a fyi: all the gt boards are going to be made by the same company, so paying more for one brand over another is amazingly stupid.

So if you get a better warranty with one company than another its not worth the money? Or stepup? or double lifetime warranty? its not worth the extra $$?

Or good customer service?

It might be as good if not better than GTX. I don't know how cool it is to blow out $1,1K on cards that can't even maxed out Crysis?

There's no system in existence right now that could max out Crysis. You're not buying the cards to max it out. You're buying the cards so you can at least play it on High and not get 8 FPS.

Back