Should I buy iPhone 12 Pro Max

maverick786us

2[H]4U
Should I buy iPhone 12 Pro Max or wait for next generation. I already have an iPhone XS Max so with 12 Pro Max will i feel the 'Wow Factor"?

Quite obviously, it's your money, do what you want.

If you wanted a discussion: what is a "wow factor" for phones now, anyway? Defining what that is may help determine whether to get the 12 Pro Max or not. Full disclosure: I have an iPhone 7 and the only "wow factor" I'm waiting for is USB-C because that'd be a "wow, finally" moment.

Quite obviously, it's your money, do what you want.

If you wanted a discussion: what is a "wow factor" for phones now, anyway? Defining what that is may help determine whether to get the 12 Pro Max or not. Full disclosure: I have an iPhone 7 and the only "wow factor" I'm waiting for is USB-C because that'd be a "wow, finally" moment.
If I compare specs , camera, screen of 12 Pro Max with XS Max will I feel something major or will I feel that I just bought an incremental upgrade?

Does your current phone do everything you need now? What would a slightly faster processor/gpu do for you? Do you take enough pictures 4hay a slightly better camera with make a world of difference? More then likely none of that will make a impactful change for you.

Does your current phone do everything you need now? What would a slightly faster processor/gpu do for you? Do you take enough pictures 4hay a slightly better camera with make a world of difference? More then likely none of that will make a impactful change for you.
Don’t want to sound cocky. But I least care about needs. I am gadget freak I liked the new design, beautiful look of 12 Pro series.
1. Though the screen is only 0.2 inches bigger, 2. What Will a triple lenses with LIADR sensor bring to the camera. I do take a lot of pictures depends on situation. In one day I might 100 pictures and I might not touch camera for weeks
3. MagSafe looks good because ultimately I will move to wireless charging. Though XS max has wireless charging too but no Megsafe

one thing I noticed, in my iPhone XS Max which has a 6.5 inch screen, I find it bit small while watching YouTube, and typing in forums. Will extra .2 inch matter?

Should I buy iPhone 12 Pro Max or wait for next generation. I already have an iPhone XS Max so with 12 Pro Max will i feel the 'Wow Factor"?
As an iPhone XS (non-Max) user... I'd say wait for the next model. It's only a couple of months away, and there will be enough improvements that you'll probably wish you'd held out (120Hz display, smaller notch, better cameras, faster chip). I'd only spring for a 12 Pro Max if you either need a phone right now or find a very good deal. If you're going to spend top dollar, why not get the phone that will last you longer?

At this point, the 13 Pro Max is coming next month. I would get that over the 12 PM

- 120hz refresh display
- Smaller notch
- Much larger battery
- AoD ( Always on Display ) rumored to be an exclusive for the 13 line
- Typical faster hardware, better camera, etc...

Thank you Guys like Aurelius mentioned, I got a very good deal with it a 256 GB variant. So i went for it.
Just like my iPhone XS Max which is still in a very good condition with zero micro scratches, I will keep this device for 3-4 years in a very good condition and by that time if Apple launches an iPhone with Titanium finish, Notch completely gone and bigger 50MP sensors (just like the upcoming Pixel 6), I will buy upgrade it.

Wait. Many and I mean many are having battery issues with the 12 Pro Max. Including myself. Not even a year old and my battery life is down to 85% now and it doesn't last near as long as it use too. They are supposed to put a new battery in the 13 with many other updates. You are only 1-2 months away.

Edit: It seems you already got it. Nevermind!

Last edited:
Wait. Many and I mean many are having battery issues with the 12 Pro Max. Including myself. Not even a year old and my battery life is down to 85% now and it doesn't last near as long as it use too. They are supposed to put a new battery in the 13 with many other updates. You are only 1-2 months away.

Edit: It seems you already got it. Nevermind!

Thanks for the warning I got my Pro Max for 500$ less. My usage is average or below average. I primarily use my iPhone for YouTube, listening to music and camera once in a while.
So in 6 months if my battery health declines by more than 10% i wouldn't mind paying 50$ to get the battery replaced.

Back