Should I buy a PlayStation 4?

Pls Vlad. Selective? You're the one that brought up FIFA, which is probably the worst example anyone has mentioned in this thread. And why? To justify your "bigger user base" point, which is clearing turning irrelevant as people upgrade to the new consoles.
Obviously people will continue buying on the old consoles(PS2, haha), but the real buyers are upgrading and buying games for the new consoles. Destiny will sell more on the new consoles. You are the only one who thinks otherwise.

Nice way to avoid the entire second half of my post. Differences will be minimal, content will be identical, that is not enough reason for really anyone to upgrade, only people who actually want to upgrade because they want to will find that to be enough.

In fact the only difference anyone noted in beta was draw distance. OP if better draw distance is enough to justify at least a 200 price difference then do it. Or of you want it for future games as well. If right now destiny is truly the only reason you want one then get a ps3 or 360

Last edited:
Fifa 14 released worldwide 2-3 months iirc before the PS4/Xbox One even came out.

Nice way to avoid the entire second half of my post. Differences will be minimal, content will be identical, that is not enough reason for really anyone to upgrade, only people who actually want to upgrade because they want to will find that to be enough.

In fact the only difference anyone noted in beta was draw distance. OP if better draw distance is enough to justify at least a 200 price difference then do it. Or of you want it for future games as well. If right now destiny is truly the only reason you want one then get a ps3 or 360

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-vs-destiny-ps3-beta

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOVUUdgRtaI

Sounds an awful lot more than just draw distance.

Last edited:
I love my loud backwards-compatible fatty....:D

Same. I wouldn't get rid of it for anything. One system that can flawlessly play 3 generations of games? Oohh yea...

And it's STILL far quieter than any of the fat 360s, from launch to Jasper.

To answer OP's question, I would, simply because Sony had better and far more exclusives than MS had last gen. What did MS have? Gears, Halo, and Forza, with a shitload of Kinect crap. And with much more powerful hardware this time out than the competition, all the best versions of multiplatform games will be on PS4. But to agree with others, I'd wait until there are a few must-haves first to make sure you won't have buyer's remorse in the end.

Last edited:
I just bought a PS4 for a couple reasons. I am back in school working on an MBA. As such I don't have time to dedicate to long playing sessions. Can do an hour here or there, or maybe not even play for a couple weeks. As it is, my current quarter's coursework is quite light, so I have more free time than I expected this summer.

Anyway, I had heard such good things on TLOU, that I wanted to play it. So I bought a PS4, and TLOU. So much fun. Then in a few weeks there will be new sport games releases, like FIFA 15 that I plan to get and these allow me to play for short periods that will fit my schedule.

If you plan to get other games later and want to play TLOU now, why not buy it. If you can wait, look for deals, I am sure there will be price discounts leading into the holiday season.

The Last of Us is the first system seller for PS4. Now seems like a good time to buy if you haven't played it yet. On the other hand, the patient among us can wait for more must haves to be released. Who knows, maybe a bigger hard drive, system redesign, or price cut may happen in the next 12 months.

The Last of Us is the first system seller for PS4. Now seems like a good time to buy if you haven't played it yet. On the other hand, the patient among us can wait for more must haves to be released. Who knows, maybe a bigger hard drive, system redesign, or price cut may happen in the next 12 months.

Infamous Second Son could also be considered a system seller, but both aren't stellar system sellers (didn't mean to make that rhyme). A redesign is unlikely in the next 12 months, I wouldn't expect one until at least early 2016. We'll probably see a PS4 1TB and an official $50 price cut in 2015 though.

Then in a few weeks there will be new sport games releases, like FIFA 15 that I plan to get and these allow me to play for short periods that will fit my schedule.

Play FIFA for short periods? I didn't know that was an option. Do you mean when you only play for 3-4 hours at a time? ;)

Back