Should I buy a new PSU

shmitty

Gawd
After seeing all the horror stories about these Antec PSU's it makes me want to buy a new one but am I just paranoid or really should I throw this out and spend a bill or so on a new one. I have an Antec True Power 2.0 I had a Hyper Type R 580w that died on me and while I was waiting for a new one I bought this PSU at staples for 50 bucks. Instead of putting the Hyper back in I decided to stick with this one because it was working okay so I sold the Hyper. I'm about to purchase a 8800GTS this weekend and I want to know if I should go ahead and get a new PSU while I'm at it.

The Antec TP II is a fine PSU, however you need above average case cooling for the long term.

More intake fans creating positive case pressure is the ticket. ;)

As Dave said, you are fine, but make sure you keep good airflow, for long-term stability.

Got that but the PSU is in the bottom of my case(see sig) thanks for your advice I'll hold off then until it dies. I can't wait to get the 8800GTS in there. In my 900 I have 5 120mm fans and the one 200mm exhaust fan.

Got that but the PSU is in the bottom of my case(see sig) thanks for your advice I'll hold off then until it dies. I can't wait to get the 8800GTS in there. In my 900 I have 5 120mm fans and the one 200mm exhaust fan.
Regardless of mounting location, use positive pressure to help cool the PSU.

Back