should i buy a new case? Will i get better cooling with a different case?

HotL3@D

[H]ard|Gawd
i Currently have this Raidmax case:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-156-020&depa=0

ANd have 2 of the side fans intake and one 60mm fan in the back for exhaust. my case temp is currently 91F!!! with an ambient temp of 71F degrees. the case is also in an open cabinet, directly under my monitorwith about 3 inches of space of the sides and top, and even though its not out in the open, i dont see much how this woudl raise the temperature significantly. I wonder how much that is attributing the case high case temp? One of the side fans blows directly on the vid card and the other is blowing directly on my 2 hard drives, so basically, theres really not much air flow in the case. and no room to put a fan in the front, and even if i did the air flow would be disruptive from the hard drives... Anyway, my question is, i kinda want a new case, though i got this one not too long ago for my birthday for free. I'm looking at possibly lian li, kingwin, or the aspire xdreamer 2 case... I'm currently overclocking my vid card and cpu and would like some better cooling for the case, though i want the case to be small and quiet... Should i strap out the extra cash or no, as if i do i definitely want to see some improvements in case temp for the money? thats the million dollar question...

I think if you minus 13 from the temprature your getting it would give you the right temp.

yes yes new case.
smile.gif

hold up, i have an abit an7 mobo and it says the mobo is at 28C and the cpu is at 65C... would either of those be wrong then?

MrWoot said:
hold up, i have an abit an7 mobo and it says the mobo is at 28C and the cpu is at 65C... would either of those be wrong then?

probably

Back