Shoprunner 6 month free

Thanks, got it! I had a one year free membership with them that just ran out and now six more months free. Sweet shipping savings for me. :D

* I did use my new email address and not the old one they had before. Not sure if that matters but an fyi.

I looked into shoprunner a long time ago, a lot of people complained that once you gave them your credit card they would auto renew and people had trouble getting charges reversed.

Thanks, I had a one year trial currently active (started as a one month trial and they extended it twice every time I went to cancel), I activated that Shoprunner Central option suggested in the link for another 3 months... I think I started the whole trial thing back in March and it's now active thru October of next year, heh.

Last edited:
I signed up for the free trial last year & still on it. They ofered a one year renewal on it for $29....a no brainer, IMHo esp since you get free return shipping as well.

I looked into shoprunner a long time ago, a lot of people complained that once you gave them your credit card they would auto renew and people had trouble getting charges reversed.

A lot of people complain about everything though. Staying on top of it remedies this too.

I signed up for the free trial last year & still on it. They ofered a one year renewal on it for $29....a no brainer, IMHo esp since you get free return shipping as well.

When did they offer you that? As the first 1 year trial ended?

They extended mine after the first month tho I don't even remember why, and the second time I went to cancel they extended it for a year if I made X amount of purchases in the remaining 3 months or something like that. I'd totally renew early at $30...

I received 90 days free, turned in to 1 year free, then got an extra 90 days free for linking up a dead Yahoo! E-Mail account to the service (ShopRunner Central). Used it to build two new rigs using parts from Newegg 2nd Day shipped, quite nice!

Thanks OP. Also, you can turn of auto-renewal by going to your account info page. So no worries about shenanigans.

They extended my 1 year membership through the holidays, now I have another 90 days until 3/31. Thanks OP! I'm still sitting on the fence about the $29 renew, it's a great deal, just dunno if I'll use it.

They extended my 1 year membership through the holidays, now I have another 90 days until 3/31. Thanks OP! I'm still sitting on the fence about the $29 renew, it's a great deal, just dunno if I'll use it.

How are you getting that offer? Is it just within the account? That's usually Newegg's cost for shipping one or two orders to Puerto Rico so if I could renew now thru Oct 2014 I'd totally do it...

How are you getting that offer? Is it just within the account? That's usually Newegg's cost for shipping one or two orders to Puerto Rico so if I could renew now thru Oct 2014 I'd totally do it...

Yeah, it's within the ShopRunner website under accounts, it offered me the same.

Shoprunner is hella good! I signed up one time through newegg to get faster shipping. (One month free trial) I was going to cancel and they gave me another 90 days free! ALSOOO if you purchase 3 things within that time they give you a whole year free! WTF?! lol it was legit though. I've been on it for a few months now and no charges. They also auto cancel your membership if you don't purchase the three things.

Yeah, it's within the ShopRunner website under accounts, it offered me the same.

Was that when you were near the end of your trial? I'm not even halfway thru mine, right now I'm just seeing the standard options to cancel, not auto renew, etc. Had you set it to not auto renew when you got that offer?

Was that when you were near the end of your trial? I'm not even halfway thru mine, right now I'm just seeing the standard options to cancel, not auto renew, etc. Had you set it to not auto renew when you got that offer?

Yeah.

6BAMy.png

I just registered for the first time and it didn't require any payment info, so not sure how they could charge me at the end of my trial :confused:

Ahh, interesting, gonna have to save something to buy for when my trial's nearly done next year. Thanks for the info... Actually, sorry to keep bugging but could you let me know whether you had it set to auto renew or not? Just wanna replicate the conditions if possible to get the same offer.

I just registered for the first time and it didn't require any payment info, so not sure how they could charge me at the end of my trial :confused:

Correct, you used to (well I did last time I got a free year) but this time they're not requiring it (shrugs). Must be to make it easier on people and to make more people sign up for the service.

but could you let me know whether you had it set to auto renew or not? Just wanna replicate the conditions if possible to get the same offer.

I don't think it matters honestly but I do believe I received the offer before disabling auto-renew. But turning it off makes sense either way as them knowing you don't want to be auto-renewed for $79 (or whatever price) would make them more inclined to send this or any new offers close to the end of your trial period.

That said, you can activate and deactivate auto-renew so you could try it out and find out. However what I believe is that it just will pop up close to the end of your trial and that will be your window to follow through with it.

*Don't apologize for asking questions on a forum, just asking nicely is all one needs to do. :D

Cool, I'll probably play with it if I haven't gotten the offer a month before expiration.

Shoprunner's been great for me, and at least on Newegg they always use UPS 2 day when I select Shoprunner. Amazon Prime in Puerto Rico just guarantees free shipping (not 2 day) and they often use Parcelpost or Parcelpool or something which just acts as an intermediary with the USPS and ends up being slower than anything as shipments get handed off from carrier to carrier, it's pretty awful.

I do remember getting a hat from the NBA store and using Shoprunner but only getting free USPS, not 2 day, so it varies from merchant to merchant... Puerto Rico's a pretty unique case too tho.

I'm on the fence of whether I'm going to renew or not. I have the $29/year offer available right now. First year + 1 extra month was free from some promotion they did last year, didn't have to provide a credit card at the time either.

I've used it a TON on Newegg, plus a few free Domino's Pizza deliveries. I even got Newegg to refund $20 on a video card when I found a promo code in the Shoprunner deals page. I shouldn't be ordering from either place, as that would mean I'm spending money on stuff I don't need, but I do anyway. So......I don't know.

I'm on the fence of whether I'm going to renew or not. I have the $29/year offer available right now. First year + 1 extra month was free from some promotion they did last year, didn't have to provide a credit card at the time either.

So don't pay to renew and get the six months free offer this thread is about. :D:confused::p

Never used shoprunner before, but I shop at newegg somewhat often and have ordered Domino's a few times. :D

Thanks OP. Didn't even ask for my credit card and took 20 seconds to fill in a few boxes.

Back