Shopping for a minimalist mid-tower with good # of int/ex bays + usb-c in front

Morlock

Limp Gawd
Anyone want to help me shop for a case? I'm looking for a new mid-tower (not sure if 18" in height is the standard but that's my current case' height, and I don't want to go much over that, as my rig sits on shelving). Wants & needs:

Room for my current hardware:

Corsair CX600 PSU
Gigabyte Z370P D3-CF
Radeon Pulse RX 570 4gb
CRYORIG H7 Tower Cooler For AMD/Intel CPU with 120mm PWM Fan

Aesthetics: Spartan/minimalist, preferably with opaque panels and no lights other than power LEDs and the like. I'd like something with a front door because they can look so clean, but it's not required.

I/O: USB-C port, microphone, headphone (more is okay but I need those three)

At least 1 5.25" external drive bay. 2 Would be better.

At least 5 3.5" internal drive bays. More would be nice.

Other priorities:

Good air flow, obviously
Quiet
Good dust protection

Budget: I'm probably not going to pay much over $150, but I could stretch for something really great.

I probably would've gone with the Fractal Design Define R5 by now. The aesthetics are decent and it does most of what I want it to do. But it doesn't have a USB-C port on front. I suppose if I can't find anything better I'll go with the R5, but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

clockdogg

[H]ard|Gawd

Kelvarr

Supreme [H]ardness
Agree. R6 is a great option. Just built a system for a friend using the CM S600 - quite impressed with the quality for $99: https://www.newegg.com/black-cooler-master-silencio-s600-atx-mid-tower/p/N82E16811119373
https://www.newegg.com/black-cooler-master-silencio-s600-atx-mid-tower/p/N82E16811119373

Has a single 5.25" external drive bay and available with a steel side panel or the look-at-me-faux-glass panel. Reversible-opening front door and sleek understated looks.
Perhaps you could tell me if the front bezel/panel is also steel? I see that the door is.

clockdogg

[H]ard|Gawd
Perhaps you could tell me if the front bezel/panel is also steel? I see that the door is.

The bezel is a steel-tribute in some sort of plastic composite. Not really sure the door is steel... seems more like a composite as well - perhaps with a steely core

Exercate

Limp Gawd
The door panel is Aluminum - the frame is heavy plastic. Doesn't come in white. It can be setup for right- or left-hand opening.

Macho

Weaksauce
Anyone want to help me shop for a case? I'm looking for a new mid-tower (not sure if 18" in height is the standard but that's my current case' height, and I don't want to go much over that, as my rig sits on shelving). Wants & needs:

Room for my current hardware:

Corsair CX600 PSU
Gigabyte Z370P D3-CF
Radeon Pulse RX 570 4gb
CRYORIG H7 Tower Cooler For AMD/Intel CPU with 120mm PWM Fan

Aesthetics: Spartan/minimalist, preferably with opaque panels and no lights other than power LEDs and the like. I'd like something with a front door because they can look so clean, but it's not required.

I/O: USB-C port, microphone, headphone (more is okay but I need those three)

At least 1 5.25" external drive bay. 2 Would be better.

At least 5 3.5" internal drive bays. More would be nice.

Other priorities:

Good air flow, obviously
Quiet
Good dust protection

Budget: I'm probably not going to pay much over $150, but I could stretch for something really great.

I probably would've gone with the Fractal Design Define R5 by now. The aesthetics are decent and it does most of what I want it to do. But it doesn't have a USB-C port on front. I suppose if I can't find anything better I'll go with the R5, but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask.
COUGAR MG120 Black Micro ATX Mini Tower Elegant and Compact Case is what I just bought off of ebay. NO BAYS!!! No where to install my DVD/CD or my
SD card reader. A clean build? What is your concept about this lacking of what I thought came as standard on every computer case? How do I install anything that
would need an bay. They should warn the shopper that no bays as expected come with your computer case.
I had to use my old H.P. case. I noticed on some motherboards on 2 SATA connectors for HDD's and no connectors for DVD or CD. They are making changes without telling us are they? What can I do with my minimalist computer case?

ZodaEX

Supreme [H]ardness
COUGAR MG120 Black Micro ATX Mini Tower Elegant and Compact Case is what I just bought off of ebay. NO BAYS!!! No where to install my DVD/CD or my
SD card reader. A clean build? What is your concept about this lacking of what I thought came as standard on every computer case? How do I install anything that
would need an bay. They should warn the shopper that no bays as expected come with your computer case.
I had to use my old H.P. case. I noticed on some motherboards on 2 SATA connectors for HDD's and no connectors for DVD or CD. They are making changes without telling us are they? What can I do with my minimalist computer case?

I'd return it if the seller you bought it from accepts remorse returns. Then get yourself a real PC case with 5.25" front bays. (more than one in case you'd like to add more front USB ports down the line.

DanNeely

Supreme [H]ardness
I don't like it either, but no front drive bays seems to be a common -and dare I say minimalist (don't include features that increasingly few people will use) - trend in newer case designs. I have no idea what level of pictures the fleabay listing you bought from had, but Cougar's own listing has enough images to see that it doesn't have any front bays; they're also conspiciously absent in the feature list as well.

https://cougargaming.com/us/products/cases/mg120/

magoo

[H]F Junkie
Corsair 5000D Airflow

Why does anyone need bays?
I havent used a DVD in years.

The space can be utilized for any number of things.