Shootmania General Discussion

John1701

Weaksauce
I had seen some early stuff about this game awhile ago and I recently tried it out.

I am really enjoying it so far. The movement and aiming is fast, and takes a unique kind of skill for shot placement because you are firing slower moving projectiles that need direct hits.

The game seems to be positioning itself to be the new Quake, a tournament style skill shooter. It feels very different than Quake so I wouldn't label it an imitator, however the similarities are what drew me to this game. I was late to the Quake party, and now Quake Live seems mostly fizzled out, especially in North America. Right now the community for Shootmania is very energetic, but still small. I think it has the potential to be be a great game for skilled PC players and I want to get in on the early stages.

There is an open beta out right now, so try it for free!
http://www.maniaplanet.com/download

Nadeo making an FPS hah

Saw a video of Quake 3 pros playing last summer I think. Seemed like a mindless hitscan, pure railgun really, fest but I will give it a try before final judgement.

The new ROTT seems like a more complete and generally better game, though.

Not saying I would be opposed to a instagib/rocket arena hybrid game, but the 1v3 point capture gametype is not my cup of tea. I'll wait and see if they do anything else with game modes.

Back