Shogun 2 $15.99 ???

I don't know what the actual sales numbers are, but I think it did decently. I thoght the game was pretty good.

Same, it was definitely better the Empires or Napoleon. It is surprising to see it that cheap so quickly.

For some reason the game has been offered on special and bundled a ton. It is a great game, got like a 90 on Metacritic and is praised as one of the best Total War games out there.

Actually it did pretty well in sales. But Total War games always fall off in price quickly.

Ya and it was practically a day one bundle. When it launched Intel started bundling it with 2600ks and maybe other CPUs. It was $50 at that time.

I was surprised, it seemed like Shogun 2 was thrown in with anything and everything when it came out - processors, motherboards, other games, oil changes...

A shame because it really was a great game, and that seemed to devalue it quite a bit.

Shogun does the same as any Total War game does, it has a very good fan base just off of TW games, not to mention the many few who tried it, and ended up keeping it (me included) just off a video card purchase!

The game itself, I would have payed easily $50 for had I known about it way before! It truly is a great game, and is very well balanced!

I was so annoyed with Empire (I thought it was mediocre at best) that I've skipped Shogun 2 so far. At that kind of price I might be tempted :)

The AI is better than in the past but still fails at siege warfare in some situations. You can assault a fort full of cavalry with nothing but a few archers; the cavalry will just sit inside dying, and will never sally forth when they could easily destroy you.

Attacking it does a lot better; although I was still able to figure out a nearly unbeatable strategy once I had multi-level fortresses. The game is still very, very enjoyable, even from just the table-top strategy perspective.

Back