Shogun 2 $15.99 ???

LeninGHOLA

Vladimir Hayt
I don't know what the actual sales numbers are, but I think it did decently. I thoght the game was pretty good.

termite

Supreme [H]ardness
Same, it was definitely better the Empires or Napoleon. It is surprising to see it that cheap so quickly.

Sycraft

Supreme [H]ardness
For some reason the game has been offered on special and bundled a ton. It is a great game, got like a 90 on Metacritic and is praised as one of the best Total War games out there.

Godmachine

[H]F Junkie
Actually it did pretty well in sales. But Total War games always fall off in price quickly.

Sycraft

Supreme [H]ardness
Ya and it was practically a day one bundle. When it launched Intel started bundling it with 2600ks and maybe other CPUs. It was $50 at that time.

TwistedAegis

[H]F Junkie
I was surprised, it seemed like Shogun 2 was thrown in with anything and everything when it came out - processors, motherboards, other games, oil changes...

A shame because it really was a great game, and that seemed to devalue it quite a bit.

FrEaKy

[H] Movie and TV Show Review Guy
Shogun does the same as any Total War game does, it has a very good fan base just off of TW games, not to mention the many few who tried it, and ended up keeping it (me included) just off a video card purchase!

The game itself, I would have payed easily $50 for had I known about it way before! It truly is a great game, and is very well balanced!

haileris

Limp Gawd
I was so annoyed with Empire (I thought it was mediocre at best) that I've skipped Shogun 2 so far. At that kind of price I might be tempted :)

TwistedAegis

[H]F Junkie
The AI is better than in the past but still fails at siege warfare in some situations. You can assault a fort full of cavalry with nothing but a few archers; the cavalry will just sit inside dying, and will never sally forth when they could easily destroy you.

Attacking it does a lot better; although I was still able to figure out a nearly unbeatable strategy once I had multi-level fortresses. The game is still very, very enjoyable, even from just the table-top strategy perspective.